Thoughts on Metro Arms 1911? - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-18-2016, 07:16 AM

Thoughts on Metro Arms 1911?

Hi I'm thinking of purchasing a 1911 in 9mm manufactured by Metro Arms (Philippines). Thoughts? Primary purpose will be for competing.
Old 03-18-2016, 04:48 PM

Metro Arms puts out some really well made pistols. I would put them above Rock Island for sure when it comes to the Filipino made 1911's. The MAC versions of the Metro Arms are all hand fitted with matched parts too if that's something that interest you I would look at those.
Old 03-19-2016, 06:57 PM

You will never regret getting a Metro Arms 1911. My Gov't Model and 9MM Commander are reliable and easy to shoot accurately. They look good too.

"I Miss America"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2016, 09:07 PM

They are great guns. I have a Commander .45 and really enjoy shooting it. The grips are pretty cheesy and will need to be replaced. And then there is that little curly thing inside the hammer spur.
Old 03-22-2016, 07:53 PM

I'm a dealer and I stopped carrying Rock Island products due to the amount of quality issues I was seeing and lack of phone support. I have since started slowly replacing then with Metro Arms models and so far I've been very impressed. Fit and finish is far superior to the Rock Island guns I was selling. The Metro Arms have a drawback in the gaudy billboards and goofy style hammer, but other than that they seem to be very good guns.

Find Us On Facebook!
FFL Dealer
Old 03-22-2016, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
I'm a dealer and I stopped carrying Rock Island products due to the amount of quality issues I was seeing and lack of phone support. I have since started slowly replacing then with Metro Arms models and so far I've been very impressed. Fit and finish is far superior to the Rock Island guns I was selling. The Metro Arms have a drawback in the gaudy billboards and goofy style hammer, but other than that they seem to be very good guns.

Amen to this! I have a commander. Love the gun. Fit and finish are good but I hesitate buying another due to the terrible rollmarks and hideous hammer.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:03 PM

I've been talking with the reps who import these guns and I think we will see a more minimalist logo design coming to market soon.

Find Us On Facebook!
FFL Dealer
Old 03-23-2016, 12:43 AM

I have a Metro Arms 1911 Commander. It took me more rounds
than I want to admit to realize the one magazine that came with
the gun was the cause of all the failures to feed that I had
when I first purchased the gun.

If you purchase a Metro Arms commander and have a bunch of
failures to feed, go get a good magazine. It'll probably cure
the problem.
Old 03-23-2016, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
I've been talking with the reps who import these guns and I think we will see a more minimalist logo design coming to market soon.

If this happens I'll own another. Keep us updated!
Old 03-23-2016, 01:28 PM

I bought a MAC 1911 Bobcut. It's a very nice gun for the money, but not perfect. It was periodically spitting brass at my face. Rather than contact the importer to get it fixed, I decided to tweak it myself. (I'll accept the blame for that.) The ejection has improved, but I'm not entirely satisfied with it. On the plus side, it has never actually stovepiped.

More concerning is that when I put in a new aftermarket trigger and thumb safety, they dropped right in with NO fitting whatsoever! I was especially worried about the thumb safety, but it appears to be functioning correctly. I suspect that the frame isn't made to exactly the original specs.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:29 PM

what does a commander retail for in 9mm?
Old 03-23-2016, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vizsladog View Post
what does a commander retail for in 9mm?

http://grabagun.com/bersa-eagle-impo...11-9rd-bl.html

"I Miss America"
Old 03-24-2016, 08:28 AM

I just got the Amigo (officer size) model in blued yesterday for the first time. It was on sale at the distributor for a ridiculously low price. When came in and I'm floored by the quality at that price. The bluing is very nicely done. Fit and finish are excellent. And the feed ramp and barrel throat are polished like nothing I've ever seen. This gun compared to the same gun in Rock Island is like night and day difference.

I just hope they ditch the billboard logos and that goofy hammer design soon. They also come with ACT mags and I've never liked that brand.

Find Us On Facebook!
FFL Dealer
Old 03-27-2016, 09:26 PM

I have the American Classic Mine is several years old and still going strong

serial A000XX