Metro Arms American Classic Compact Commander...Any Thoughts on This One? - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-07-2016, 05:18 AM

Metro Arms American Classic Compact Commander...Any Thoughts on This One?

Hey all,

I have wanted a CCO styled 1911 for a while and I was recently nosing through the BUDS listings and came across this CCO 1911 from METRO Arms called the American Classic Compact Commander. I since looked up some info about it and they originate in the Philippines. I don't know if the company that makes this 1911 also makes other branded 1911's.

This Compact Commander comes in an all blue, a stainless and a 2-tone version. They also appear to be nicely equipped. I like the 2-toned version. Bud's sells them for $640, give or take a bit which seems a bit high for a Philippine made 1911.

I would like to get some thoughts on this 1911 and the brand in general. Buds had some great reviews, but I don't know how authentic those are. No offense to Bud's is meant.

So, if you wouldn't mind in giving your thoughts on these 1911's I would really like to hear them. If you have pics of one that you own, please post them. Also if anyone has a range report on it, that too would be nice to see.

Thanks for your time.

Nalajr
Old 03-07-2016, 10:07 AM

Just an fyi... AC II are hard chromed not stainless. Unless they've changed their manufacturing. If and only if, it sez specifically the it's stainless. I recently acquired a full size in HC and am very impressed with fit and finish. I paid $600 otd. Haven't shot it yet, but I don't expect any problems.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:29 AM

You're probably right on the HC. I just glanced at the 3 of them and thought it was stainless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2016, 06:47 PM

Maybe this will help. I have a full size Gov't model in 45 ACP (3,000+ rounds) and a 9MM Commander (1200+ rounds). Both are incredibly reliable and accurate. You should expect the same from the CCO.

"I Miss America"
Old 03-09-2016, 01:42 PM

I have an all blue MA Commander. Great gun. Shoots anything I feed it. The real test was my bullseye competition load of a 200 grain SWC with a light pinch of Bullseye that chokes many 1911s. Ran like a champ. Grips were ugly but got swapped out.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:35 PM

Metro Arms makes fine pistol Great finish and slide and barrels are hand fitted. I have their American Classic model 5" and fit and finish . Rivals my early DW . Metro Makes a Bobtail Commander and its on my list to buy.
Old 03-18-2016, 04:59 PM

Metro Arms are very well put together and like someone else said they are hand fitted before leaving the factory. I just got the 6" bullseye in HC and I was skeptical and wasn't sure about dropping a grand on a 1911 from the Philippines but I am glad I did. It is well worth the price of admission and I can not wait to get to the range with it.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:09 AM

I have a blued AC Commander with roughly 1k rounds through it. After about a dozen FTF I ordered an EGW raised mag catch which did wonders for the reliability of this gun. Since then I've had 0 issues until the last trip to my personal range on my property. Right around the 1k round mark my barrel bushing broke. The finger that goes in the groove on the slide broke completely off and boogered up the groove on the slide to the point where I don't believe fitting another bushing is possible. I've been in contact with metro arms and waiting for further instructions on what to do next. I've heard great things about MA warranty work si I'm hoping my experience will be the same. I do love this gun considering it was less than 500 brand new. Will keep you posted on progress.
Old 04-24-2016, 02:36 PM

I had one, a commander. It was two-tone. Tried to like it. Couldn't. Too unreliable. Traded it in on a Ruger SR1911C. 100% reliable. ( but my Desert Eagle has a better trigger).
Old 06-14-2016, 04:01 PM

I've had my Metro Commander for three years now and it's been pretty much my everyday carry gun, I grew up with 1911's and this has beenas good if not better than most.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:46 PM

I found this to be an interesting thread because until today I had never heard of Metro Arms, but there was one in the case at my LGS. Very nice looking gun, but I'm far from a 1911 expert. This one was very nicely finished, all blue, with a nice set of fishscale grips, beavertail safety, "cutout trigger and hammer" a VERY good trigger, decent three dot sights and probably some other stuff I don't even know what it was. The slide is very east to "rack."

Oh, it's a 9mm and is market as Metro Arms AM Classic, 9mm. It's used, but looks like new. The dealer is asking $400.00 for it. It is a full sized gun BTW.

I got no idea why I'd want it. I've got a RIA in 9mm, but it's more a GI type gun. If I was to get this one, and it worked well, I'd probably sell the RIA. Either one would be for punching holes in a piece of paper.

I put a few bucks down on it hold it while I do some research and "think about it."

So far, it's looking pretty good.
John 3:16 (NKJV)