1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-01-2015, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
To pretend to be dead at the first sound of gunfire.
He does a very convincing job of it!
Old 03-01-2015, 09:19 PM

Here's my mutt Dingo- I love looking at all these dogs!

Old 03-01-2015, 09:45 PM

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425267898.305191.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	252.4 KB
ID:	140065

This is my search and rescue partner. His name is Red. He's trained in man trailing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2015, 09:59 PM

My miniature Australian Shepherd. Lucan and Merlin. Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1425268737556.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	226.6 KB
ID:	140066Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1425268737556.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	226.6 KB
ID:	140066
Attached Thumbnails
uploadfromtaptalk1425268770952.jpg  
Old 03-03-2015, 12:46 AM

Loved my Aussie. Surry was the best dog I've ever had. Very smart and very obedient. It's a shame I lost him at 6 years old to cancer. I miss him everyday. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425365199.408632.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	390.4 KB
ID:	140177 he was a blue Merle. Beautiful dog.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9SAR View Post
Loved my Aussie. Surry was the best dog I've ever had. Very smart and very obedient. It's a shame I lost him at 6 years old to cancer. I miss him everyday. Attachment 140177 he was a blue Merle. Beautiful dog.
I understand your feelings! There are dogs in my history I will still shed a tear over when I talk about them......
Old 03-30-2015, 12:04 PM

So it finally ended. It always does. No matter how hardcore you are, you cry. Been to war 3 times, seen my share of hardage but saying goodbye to my best friend makes me hurt inside and cry.

I don't know about you but I've always "done it myself". No dog of mine will ever be taken into a vets clinic to finish its days. Never owned a dog that liked to go to a vets clinic. Too many bad memories.

Nope we went to that special place in the woods where we shared so many memories. We played and trained. We ran after the deer. Layed down in he grass right together just petting. Then a nice meal and it was over in a split second. Yes I miss him A LOT.

Old 03-30-2015, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911MK IV View Post
So it finally ended. It always does. No matter how hardcore you are, you cry. Been to war 3 times, seen my share of hardage but saying goodbye to my best friend makes me hurt inside and cry.

I don't know about you but I've always "done it myself". No dog of mine will ever be taken into a vets clinic to finish its days. Never owned a dog that liked to go to a vets clinic. Too many bad memories.

Nope we went to that special place in the woods where we shared so many memories. We played and trained. We ran after the deer. Layed down in he grass right together just petting. Then a nice meal and it was over in a split second. Yes I miss him A LOT.
Sorry for your loss. It is always hard when the time comes.
Old 03-30-2015, 03:47 PM

Our English Mastiff is super sweet. When somebody comes on the property that isn't a family member, she turns into Kujo. That is until she is introduced, then it's nothing but belly rubs from her new friend.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0873.jpg  
Old 04-04-2015, 12:21 PM

Quote:

I am very sorry for your loss.....it never gets easy to let them go.
Old 04-04-2015, 01:23 PM

Quote:

I feel your pain, Sorry for your loss. My best friend and partner in crime passed five years ago and I still get emotional when I think of her. Like right now
Old 04-04-2015, 03:16 PM

Adopted this guy from a lady that found 12 of them abandoned in the woods.

Named him Rocky. He's half Lab, half Catahoula. Gets along pretty well with my chocolate lab Dusty.

Old 04-04-2015, 04:30 PM

There is no better friend, companion, alarm, and protector than your dog, when everything and everyone else has abandoned the cause, just look down and to your side and you know who is standing right there, every time!
Old 04-05-2015, 06:49 PM
Banned

My best friend, Csonka:

He's a 70 lb. Boxer/Lab mix that goes completely ape-**** whenever a stranger approaches "his" house, or "his" yard. (I say his, because I'm tolerated due to the fact that I feed him - LOL)

In this pic, he's trying to make nice after getting yelled at for eating through the 2x6 boards that make up the floor of my deck out back. *facepalm*
Old 04-05-2015, 06:56 PM

great looking dog....I have always been partial to mixed breeds, but the ex demanded a pedigree last time.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:37 PM
Banned

Ooooh I like Cats too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderfan001 View Post
Adopted this guy from a lady that found 12 of them abandoned in the woods.

Named him Rocky. He's half Lab, half Catahoula. Gets along pretty well with my chocolate lab Dusty.

This is my four year old Catahoula, Lady Bug. She is precious and I used to think she was all mine! Then my girlfriend of many years moved in and now when I leave for work early in the morning she won't even think about leaving her momma!
Attached Thumbnails
20150121_155941.jpg   20141124_215649.jpg   download_20141222_182627.jpeg  
Old 04-05-2015, 09:10 PM

Good looking hound.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRupar View Post
great looking dog....I have always been partial to mixed breeds, but the ex demanded a pedigree last time.
I don't have anything against mixes, my childhood dog was a black lab/collie. Awesome dog.

I went with a pure Shepherd because even mixed dogs, even from the pound, are ridiculously priced.

"Rehoming fee" my rear! I looked at our local shelters, but the adoption fee was $175+ tax, license, etc. NOTHING included.

I ended up paying $160 for my white shepherd
Old 04-05-2015, 11:16 PM

Money well spent, I'm sure.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:03 AM

Exclamation

Since this has morphed into a show your dogs thread Ill throw in

Christmas a couple years back. 2 on the left rescued dogs that came as a pair. They were about 9 months old in that pic so they're a bit bigger now. They are best buds. Middle boy dog is the only "papered" dog I have ever owned. A mini Scnauzer. He is not a bright dog. He's like the special needs child of the pack.

Big girl on the right was named Sadie. Big lab/sheperd mix. Sweetest dog I have ever known. She has past over the rainbow bridge and it broke my heart for a while. Since been replaced by another resue - a pit bull mix. We have never been able to get by with just one dog. But then I never have had a working dog. Have funny or sweet stories about all of them.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:31 AM

Took beast for a walk yesterday morning
Attached Thumbnails
uploadfromtaptalk1428334201261.jpg  
Old 04-06-2015, 12:26 PM

Lot of buitiful dogs in is treath. Keep posting pictures

Now regarding the "difference". I've worked K9 for the army for 27 years. Gone though 4 German Shepeards and One Malouilese so professionelly a dog have done a huge difference through my service. Now regarding the civilian side I find a dog so usefull in order to get the upper hand.

It doesn't have to be a dog like I have used at work. It doesn't have to be trained to find people. To protect you. To attack. To know what to do if you fire your weapon. The upper hand is given when your dog (no matter size etc.) shows you that something is wrong or different. It gives you all the time to make a phonecall. Move the family in to your safe area etc. etc. Or maybe just get out of Dodge. (excuse my english I'm European).

Today I was setting on the top of a hill in the forest where I live. The hill top is just above the tree tops but just so I can't see everything below and away from me. I had my own two Labs and my generals Lab which I was looking after since he is in Cuba. Any way I was just relaxing and so are the dog. At some point they all raise their ears and sit up and "lock on a target". Clearly the target is moving since they turn their heads. After some time I can see my neighbour (and start hearing him) who is out for a run.

Any way my point is my dogs showed me "something was aproaching" way before I ever knew I was not alone in the woods. Even better when you sleep in your bedroom and the dogs wake you up.

Last edited by 1911MK IV; 04-06-2015 at 12:32 PM.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:27 PM

Puppy dog threads are the best threads.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:02 PM

dogs and humans have been together a long time.Ther's even a theory that man didn't domesticate dogs but some early dogs learned that if they hung around humans and weren't a threat they could get some food the litters would end up hanging around maybe the ones of the litters that weren't human friendly ended up in the crockpot.Theroy not fact
Old 04-17-2015, 06:02 AM

I prefer the old Indian legend that man and beast once lived in harmony, but man was casted out. A crack developed in the earth with man standing alone on one side and all the other animals on the other. The crack quickly became a chasm, soon to be separating man from the animal world forever. At the very last second however, just before the chasm became impossible to cross, dog lept over and stood by man's side, where he has been ever since.

Not sure when I heard this as a kid, but it's stuck with me ever since.