1911Forum banner

What is your edc flashlight?

23K views 129 replies 106 participants last post by  Algol 
#1 ·
I carry a Zebralight SC52 everyday. What's yours? :)

#73 · (Edited)
As an update to my earlier post, I just received a SureFire 6PX Defender.

Comparing this to my trusty original 6P's, I gotta admit the LED does generate considerably more illumination. The serrated bezel of the 6PX could conceivably be useful as well (I'd chose it over a tactical pen). Also like the tailcap switch that, with a second push, keeps the light on (until switched off).

Still, I love the feel of the original 6P and it's plenty bright enough for most all of my purposes. The checkered surface finish of the original provides a good gripping surface, better in my opinion, than the smooth finish of the newer 6PX design.

Bottom line, they're both great for everyday carry or in-home use.

#78 · (Edited)
I like Bright Medic's 350 Lumen 'Bonfire X' 3-mode light. It's CREE bulb uses both the standard AAA as well as 18650 rechargeable batteries. If memory serves, I paid ~$24 each for them (I have two).

Bright Medic is a group of ex-LE and ex-EMS/Fire out of Santa Fe, NM and they originally only marketed to first-responders. brightmedic.com

#81 ·
JETBeam RRT01 XM-L Raptor Series is my first EDC light and so far it has not failed me. It takes an 18350 battery or cr123A ( I think ) which has been a pretty good light so far for me . The only thing I really have a problems with is getting used to how small it actually is and the SOS feature and not a defensive strobe . I get 600 lumen and it is bright. I think I just have to get used to it but so far it has been a nice constant companion .

#82 ·
WHO THE (delete your favorite expletive from here) IS ADDING LINKS TO POSTS?!

Number 49 in this thread, one I posted, has TWO links added that I did not put in!

#84 ·
On some forums or sites add them to increase ad revenue. It is better then pop-up adds and helps keep the lights on here at the forum. It is expensive to host a web site with a lot of traffic on it and with out holding out the hat and begging there are some links in some of the post.

#83 ·
I normally have a HDS 170, or a modified Novatac 120 in my EDC bag and one of three McGizmo Haiku's in my pocket. I've also got a couple of one of customs from a maker on Candlepower forums and two Delghi's (custom out of Italy) one in Damascus and the other titanium , but don't carry them that much.

#87 ·
As a licensed attic rat (HVAC Contractor) I like my surefire saint headlamp but... even better is my streamlight sidewinder compact II which has nice multiple lamps and also being able to run on one cr123, AA, AAA batteries is a huge advantage. I find myself using flashlights less and less. Head lamp is the way to go in my opinion.

#89 ·
LED Lenser P7, but only because I've already purchased it..
It's a GREAT flashlight when it works; thankfully they have
a 5 year no questions warranty, because this one's been back to
the manf. 3 times..
(In defense of the light though, I am a Millwright Mechanic and the light
goes through hell constantly.)

#93 ·
In my left pocket will be my Surefire E2DL and in my backpack a 120 lumen MiniMight. I have other Surefire flashlights that get used for certin tasks, like my old G2 with Surefire LED upgrade get used when working on cars and tractors, it cleans up like brand new every time. The Surefire Fury when I need a lot a light...checking for critters around the house.

#97 · (Edited)
A bored Surefire 6p with upgraded Z41brass/McClicky, UCL, Titanium smooth Z44 Bezel ring.....running a Torchlab 4K LMH 1500 Lumen Triple. 2 x 18340 AW IMR Batteries.

Or, sometimes a Eagtac D25C Ti Neutral XML2 for something small yet capable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.