Preparedness Items - Page 2 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise


Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 12-11-2013, 08:33 PM
USMM guy USMM guy is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Rural VA
Posts: 21,990
All of these posts are very interesting.

The people walking around out in the woods will make good targets. All of them with heavy packs will likely have something that I may want.

As for the pilgrims that state that they will be relying on nearby rivers, streams and such to provide them with safe water. Let it suffice to say that they will not be around for very long.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-11-2013, 09:08 PM
The Earl o Sammich The Earl o Sammich is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 4,946
My bug out bag has a couple of space blankets, poncho, a water purifier/filter/pump, knife, half hachet/half knife, para cord, water proof matches and flint steel fire starter. There is also some fish line and tackle. I could live for weeks off that alone. I'ld make a bow and some arrows, fish and set snares.

First is shelter, second is drinkable water, third is food. What else do you need?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-11-2013, 09:19 PM
NonHyphenAmerican NonHyphenAmerican is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Hooterville in S.C. Kansas
Posts: 7,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
The people walking around out in the woods will make good targets. All of them with heavy packs will likely have something that I may want.

As for the pilgrims that state that they will be relying on nearby rivers, streams and such to provide them with safe water. Let it suffice to say that they will not be around for very long.
Dysentary and Cholera are nasty.
__________________
I hope and pray that none may kill me, Nor I kill any, with woundings grim. But if ever any should think to kill me, I pray thee, God, let me kill him first
I leave this rule for others when I'm dead, Be always sure you're right THEN GO AHEAD! Davy Crockett
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #29  
Old 12-11-2013, 09:20 PM
NonHyphenAmerican NonHyphenAmerican is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Hooterville in S.C. Kansas
Posts: 7,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earl o Sammich View Post
My bug out bag has a couple of space blankets, poncho, a water purifier/filter/pump, knife, half hachet/half knife, para cord, water proof matches and flint steel fire starter. There is also some fish line and tackle. I could live for weeks off that alone. I'ld make a bow and some arrows, fish and set snares.

First is shelter, second is drinkable water, third is food. What else do you need?

In my opinion, water is first, then shelter then food.

Above all is a weapon that allows you to keep what you need.
__________________
I hope and pray that none may kill me, Nor I kill any, with woundings grim. But if ever any should think to kill me, I pray thee, God, let me kill him first
I leave this rule for others when I'm dead, Be always sure you're right THEN GO AHEAD! Davy Crockett
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-12-2013, 06:49 AM
The Earl o Sammich The Earl o Sammich is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 4,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonHyphenAmerican View Post
In my opinion, water is first, then shelter then food.

Above all is a weapon that allows you to keep what you need.
The order depends on where you're at and what time of the year it is. Hasn't been above ten F here for the last two weeks. As for the weapon it's not in the bug out bag, it's already on me.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 12-13-2013, 08:51 PM
1Blue 1Blue is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 923
Here in Colorado, we would have to add to the SHTF list, A bong, some excellent bud, a copy of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon, lots of pizza. Pizza is good cold. So you are set the next day for breakfast. Maybe a good Merlot or a craft beer...
__________________
"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't." -- Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40 PM.


NOTICE TO USERS OF THIS SITE: By continuing to use this site, you certify that you have read and agree to abide by the Legal Terms of Use. All information, data, text or other materials ("Content") posted to this site by any users are the sole responsibility of those users. 1911Forum does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such Content.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2015 1911Forum.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved