Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavCop View Post
This is about disasters right? I mean we are talking about Katrina and what we might have learned. I am not talking rural area's and I am not talking rainy days. I am talking major population hubs and major disasters. You seem hung up not on the situation at hand, but on my statements, taken out of context.

Just answer this for me, if you were in Katrina's zone and in N.O., with the Military and Police being shot at by armed gangs and thugs running the streets and looting, would you go outside and walk around with a long gun away from your property (like over a block away)? Why or why not? Where would you go?

Because to me its like a drunk that wants to walk home from the club, there is a high chance of trouble. You might cause it or it might find you. A drunk can feel he needs to challange others, a drunk can wander into danger he is not ready for, a drunk can be seen by others as a target and get taken for his property.

I am a very fair officer. I do my best not to take guns from people. I can retire with pay today if I wanted to, in 3 years I can retire with full perks. I stand up for self defense shootings. Truth be told if you ever had a shooting in my area, you would want me working the case. But my views also are from a safety stand point. My opinion many times is not popular, but it will save you from a bad dealing with other officers that might not be veteran officers and are quick to shoot or arrest. Unless you live in small town, many bigger city police are quick to take action.
And again, this isn't about 'your views'; it's about the law, and the limitations to authority it imposes to the government agents paid to enforce it.

And you still-STILL-haven't answered the open question about where you would derive any lawful authority to disarm anyone in this situation.

Larry

Government, Anarchy and Chaos
Old 04-04-2014, 01:32 PM

Location: West Virginia, surrounded by good folk. Still trying to figure out the rebel flag deal in a state that fought for the Union LOL.
And he won't. With that said, I believe the biggest lesson that needs to be taken away from Katrina is the misguided faith too many place in government being the first line of response to any emergency. First and foremost, it should be individual responsibility to prepare. 2nd, community (neighbors, etc). Unfortunately though our national DNA is being transformed from one of independence to dependence.
"Only two things in this world keeps a chickens ass off the ground and its not wings"
Old 04-04-2014, 01:57 PM

I learned not to live where I am in a bowl, lower than a river on one side and a lake on the other on a coast where hurricanes are common.

I also learned police and national guard may come to disarm me then leave when it gets dark.

The only real test of character is doing the right thing when all that is guaranteed in return is a risk to one's life, income, and/or property.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2014, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Just answer this for me, if you were in Katrina's zone and in N.O., with the Military and Police being shot at by armed gangs and thugs running the streets and looting, would you go outside and walk around with a long gun away from your property (like over a block away)? Why or why not? Where would you go?
Red Herring argument. Doesn't matter where one would "go" as long as they are acting lawfully. If something is legal (open carry of a firearm), then just because tensions are 'heightened' for law enforcement officers doesn't mean that Constitutionally-protected rights are waylaid.

Quote:
Because to me its like a drunk that wants to walk home from the club, there is a high chance of trouble. You might cause it or it might find you. A drunk can feel he needs to challange others, a drunk can wander into danger he is not ready for, a drunk can be seen by others as a target and get taken for his property.
You're exposing your progressive/liberal mindset. All the things you mentioned, a drunk can legally do. His only violation in your scenario is being drunk in public. YOUR argument is that an intoxicated person is more apt to eventually do something dangerous to himself and that is why you feel the right to intervene. Our laws do NOT grant you preemptive authority, even under the guise of helping someone from themselves.

Quote:
I am a very fair officer. I do my best not to take guns from people.
What do you mean by that statement? Since when is your mandate as a LE officer imbued with the authority to make a call like that? Again, it isn't up to you to decide when a law is enforced or not. It then further follows that you also are not authorized to give yourself exceptions to any law just because you feel like it is for the greater good. Tyrants have been making that argument for millenia.

Quote:
I can retire with pay today if I wanted to, in 3 years I can retire with full perks.
Means absolutely zero to this discussion. It does, however, beg the question of why you feel the need to disclose facts like that unrelated to the discussion at hand...

Quote:
I stand up for self defense shootings. Truth be told if you ever had a shooting in my area, you would want me working the case. But my views also are from a safety stand point. My opinion many times is not popular, but it will save you from a bad dealing with other officers that might not be veteran officers and are quick to shoot or arrest. Unless you live in small town, many bigger city police are quick to take action.
Again, more gobbledy-gook. What exactly does all this mean? As a responding LE officer, what are you providing victims who defended themselves with a firearm that the next LE officer won't? What does your "opinion" have to do with enforcing the law?

My take from this? You have a real egocentric and loosey-goosey perspective on your position as a LE officer, the authorities given you under color of law, and how you are mandated to apply those laws to the public who entrusted you to carry out those duties.

Frankly, after reading dozens of your posts, I have serious doubts that you are even what you say you are. You seem like a nice enough dude, but I, for one, certainly would not want you as a first responder in charge of any initial investigation of anything I was involved in, your assertions to a propensity to want to 'protect' my interests all in the name of "safety" notwithstanding.

Last edited by Remmy700P; 04-04-2014 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:50 PM

Well I can clearly see that Cav Cop has the situation well in hand.

In Texas. I am not so sure how far your self assumed authority would get you here in the Commonwealth.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT Guy View Post
And again, this isn't about 'your views'; it's about the law, and the limitations to authority it imposes to the government agents paid to enforce it.

And you still-STILL-haven't answered the open question about where you would derive any lawful authority to disarm anyone in this situation.

Larry
I really don't get you or Divepanama, as I stated what happened as a person their. You are not arguing about if it happened but what authority. Now I know it was legal at the time, you will never see it as legal, that is your view, courts and our laws have put out their view. Your arguing with a line worker about what the CEO puts out. This is an issue from about 10 years ago. Yet you want it to be current or something. It is he past, but it has shown to be a best practice.

I mean yes I am a police officer among other things and I know people like to use us as punching bags, but what is your argument exactly?

Besides wanting to argue.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:05 PM

Quote:
I really don't get you or Divepanama, as I stated what happened as a person their. You are not arguing about if it happened but what authority. Now I know it was legal at the time, you will never see it as legal, that is your view, courts and our laws have put out their view. Your arguing with a line worker about what the CEO puts out. This is an issue from about 10 years ago. Yet you want it to be current or something. It is he past, but it has shown to be a best practice.

I mean yes I am a police officer among other things and I know people like to use us as punching bags, but what is your argument exactly?

Besides wanting to argue.
Are you seriously that dense?

I find it even more unlikely that are employed by a law enforcement agency. You can't spell nor use proper punctuation (and therefore could never have graduated POST training as the report-writing section would have killed you...) and you can't extract and answer a simple written question.

I am more apt to believe you're in politics.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:38 PM

This sounds about right to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmy700P View Post
Are you seriously that dense?

I find it even more unlikely that are employed by a law enforcement agency. You can't spell nor use proper punctuation (and therefore could never have graduated POST training as the report-writing section would have killed you...) and you can't extract and answer a simple written question.

I am more apt to believe you're in politics.
That is one of the beautiful things about this nation. It does not cost much to buy a soap box.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:54 PM

Location: West Virginia, surrounded by good folk. Still trying to figure out the rebel flag deal in a state that fought for the Union LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
In Texas. I am not so sure how far your self assumed authority would get you here in the Commonwealth.
He wouldn't last long in West Virginia either

Seems that of late Texas, judging by the stories and videos that have come out-along with statements made by Cav, has a serious problem with LEO's who do not understand their scope of authority and limitations under the very laws they are charged to enforce. Not to mention a serious lack of understanding concerning the nature of our rights and the fact we are citizens, not their subjects.

It would seem that the abuses that the agents of government inflicted in N.O during Katrina can/will happen with some agents of the law in Texas, if Cav's posts are any indication, should a Katrina type event occur.

Of course, every profession has it bad apples. I saw it in the military, saw it in the fire service when I was a FF, so this really isn't all that shocking.

The good news is that subpar officers like Cav, and yes I am making that statement based on Cav's postings here and elsewhere, are a minority compared to the outstanding officers out there. It's been my privilege to know some of these guys and gals firsthand and be able to call them my friend.

Respect.
"Only two things in this world keeps a chickens ass off the ground and its not wings"
Old 04-04-2014, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKIandSKY View Post
I learned not to live where I am in a bowl, lower than a river on one side and a lake on the other on a coast where hurricanes are common.

I also learned police and national guard may come to disarm me then leave when it gets dark.
Like you can't be hit by a tornado away from the coast---or an ice storm. We got hit head on by Rita, the forgotten hurricane. No words can express how bad it is after something like that hits your community. We in southwest La did not have to put up with what happened in N.O. This is a much more law abiding area.

You guys ripping the cops have no sense of reality. I'm not a cop--I'm a lawyer who is a strong LE supporter. You make it sound like cops have no discretion in how they handle things. And to doubt a guy is an officer because of the way he types in a dang forum is asinine. Let's see you stick your neck out on the streets.
Colt 1911A1 (US Army '41) Wilson Combat: Tactical Supergrade .45, Turnbull CQB .45, Paul Howe .223, Recon Tactical .308; Beretta BrigTac 9mm; PX4 Storm 9mm; CX4 Storm Carbine; Kimber Super Carry Ultra Plus .45, Custom TL II 10mm; Sig P938 9mm; Springfield Armory Range Officer 9mm; Dan Wesson PM-C .38 Super; Harley Street Glide.
"If something is worth doing it's worth doing right." Dad
Old 04-04-2014, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanged Barrel Fanatic View Post
Like you can't be hit by a tornado away from the coast---or an ice storm. We got hit head on by Rita, the forgotten hurricane. No words can express how bad it is after something like that hits your community. We in southwest La did not have to put up with what happened in N.O. This is a much more law abiding area.

You guys ripping the cops have no sense of reality. I'm not a cop--I'm a lawyer who is a strong LE supporter. You make it sound like cops have no discretion in how they handle things. And to doubt a guy is an officer because of the way he types in a dang forum is asinine. Let's see you stick your neck out on the streets.
You need to re-read this thread. No one is "ripping cops."

You will also find that those of us who have questioned a certain LEO's statements have done so because it is clear he has no justification under Texas state law to take the actions he has proposed he would.

As far as folks questioning whether he is actually a LEO, that individual has no problem calling his fellow vets liars about their service when they don't agree with him. Like the old saying goes, those who live in glass house may not want to throw stones

Nothing posted here has been "ripping" on cops or anti-LEO in anyway.

As a lawyer, I am surprised you are so quick to make such unsupported an inaccurate statements about members of this forum you have do not personally know. Especially since the comments here do not support your assertions.

Have a nice evening
Old 04-04-2014, 09:27 PM

"Sticking your neck out in the streets".

Quote:

Well I do not know much about that. But having sailed night convoys up through the Persian gulf when the shot was flying carrying up to 28,000 mt of ordnance for MSC. Or 800,000 bbl of JP5 on a direct Navy contract. I know a thing or two about being in harms way. Despite all of this we all were very much able to keep in mind that being from the home of the free and the land of the brave. That we were very much required to adhere to a pretty high standard of behavior. We had very few problems in this regard.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:32 PM

Quote:
...And to doubt a guy is an officer because of the way he types in a dang forum is asinine.
Has nothing to do with "the way he types". It has everything to do with what he types. A forum is a textual medium after all.

Let me put it this way: if you saw a guy trying to sign his name and he could barely do it because his hands were shaking so bad, would you believe him if he turned around and told you that he's an active, practicing neurosurgeon?
Old 04-04-2014, 11:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivePanama View Post
You need to re-read this thread. No one is "ripping cops."

You will also find that those of us who have questioned a certain LEO's statements have done so because it is clear he has no justification under Texas state law to take the actions he has proposed he would.

As far as folks questioning whether he is actually a LEO, that individual has no problem calling his fellow vets liars about their service when they don't agree with him. Like the old saying goes, those who live in glass house may not want to throw stones

Nothing posted here has been "ripping" on cops or anti-LEO in anyway.

As a lawyer, I am surprised you are so quick to make such unsupported an inaccurate statements about members of this forum you have do not personally know. Especially since the comments here do not support your assertions.

Have a nice evening
I called no one a lire, I just read
Quote:
Well, I was an Army instructor and firearms instructor, although that was long ago.
And all I asked "What was your MOS".

I got a whole bunch of blah blah and this
Quote:
You consistently argue from a position of ignorance, while maintaining a dismissive and condescending attitude towards those better informed than yourself. I don't mind trying to discuss things with reasonable people, but you're like arguing with a child; proven wrong again and again, you continue to attack.

So go ahead, ask what my MOS was, because OBVIOUSLY, that's the most important part of my opinion. I can tell you this; we used to call 11-bang-bangs 'legs', if that's a hint. And my youngest was an 11B briefly, before the Rangers grabbed him up. So explain to me why YOUR experience is far, far superior to anything I might have had, and YOU know better than anyone who disagrees with you.
That's a dodge IMHO vs just saying what MOS he was. Then later I get a story and
Quote:
19E20H
19E would have worked for an MOS, as 11B worked for him.

As a member of the Military when a person claims Army instructor and firearms instructor, I know that was not a MOS or job, but a tasking that any MOS can claim or do. Most Firearm instructors are Infantry or on shooting teams. I was an instructor as well and lead weapon instructor for Infantry and Scout units.

Now lire was not used by me, but clarification was needed. Same for 11B being called legs, or going from an 11B to Ranger. Little flags go up.

And the sad/funny thing is you and the guy seem to stalk me and argue semantics on opinions in many posts.

You still have not made clear to me in this post what you issue was about taking firearms from people on the streets in a disaster other than you want a statute. I gave leads to follow up on. I explained the dates. So what is your real question besides not agreeing? What do feel I lied about? What do you want to call me out about? Can we end this child like stalking you have? Do you want me to post some Creds for you? We wont agree, you wont change my views, what is your end goal as I am thicker skinned than you. As I have said before, feel free to PM me with any personal issues I might clear up for you.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:11 PM
Banned

Quote:

They want a lawyer to explain the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act pre 2006 and how Law Enforcement and Military could take weapons from people. They want a statute that is clear. They don't care what the courts have upheld.

At least that my take? Am I off?
Old 04-04-2014, 11:56 PM

Lire?? Are we in France?
Old 04-05-2014, 02:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmy700P View Post
Red Herring argument. Doesn't matter where one would "go" as long as they are acting lawfully. If something is legal (open carry of a firearm), then just because tensions are 'heightened' for law enforcement officers doesn't mean that Constitutionally-protected rights are waylaid.
Show me where Constiutional rights were violated by the taking of weapons and punishment given out. If all you have is a law change, well we get new laws all the time and that has little to do with past actions prior to law change. How is it said? Oh, show me the statute.

Quote:
You're exposing your progressive/liberal mindset. All the things you mentioned, a drunk can legally do. His only violation in your scenario is being drunk in public. YOUR argument is that an intoxicated person is more apt to eventually do something dangerous to himself and that is why you feel the right to intervene. Our laws do NOT grant you preemptive authority, even under the guise of helping someone from themselves.
You do know the drunkeness laws and public carry laws are some of the oldest laws in our land. Preemptive authority, like why arrest a drunk driver if they did not crash into something? Like letting a white guy walk into a black area in clan costume and not trying to o anything till to late? Our laws are made to protect idiots from themself and others. FWIW I would say I am conservitve, as liberals support freedoms without restrictions, drug use, and doing anything you want without care or regards for others, where as conservitives like structure and set know ways. I am conservitive in my ways and dealings. You seem liberal though. And liberal is not a bad word, its just how you seem to be as we now judge each other or should I say I judge you back..

Quote:
What do you mean by that statement? Since when is your mandate as a LE officer imbued with the authority to make a call like that? Again, it isn't up to you to decide when a law is enforced or not. It then further follows that you also are not authorized to give yourself exceptions to any law just because you feel like it is for the greater good. Tyrants have been making that argument for millenia.
Any idea about police work and what is done daily? Ever hear of Officer Discrestion? What gets done with a gun a person tries to kill themself with the gun? Do you think ever person with a silencer or short barrel gun gets arrested? Every thief gets arrested? What world do you live in, or are you man enough to say "I am not aware how things work, how is it done and how do you do it"?

Quote:
Means absolutely zero to this discussion. It does, however, beg the question of why you feel the need to disclose facts like that unrelated to the discussion at hand...
It had to do with the response it went with. I will give you a do over to reread it. If you dont get it, then I am sorry your reading skills suck more than my spelling. At least my bad spelling is understood.

Quote:
Again, more gobbledy-gook. What exactly does all this mean? As a responding LE officer, what are you providing victims who defended themselves with a firearm that the next LE officer won't? What does your "opinion" have to do with enforcing the law?
Most officers will just arrest a shooter, as its easy to do that. Some think I only support officers shootings, yet I have posted support in many shootings without officers. Granted two people seem to get threads locked or deleted, but you can see where I stand on shootings and what the final out come is from the Zimmerman shooting to the 64 year old lady shooting. You can also see where others have flip flopped and how much or little they know. I have training and dealings with a lot of shootings.

Quote:
My take from this? You have a real egocentric and loosey-goosey perspective on your position as a LE officer, the authorities given you under color of law, and how you are mandated to apply those laws to the public who entrusted you to carry out those duties.

Frankly, after reading dozens of your posts, I have serious doubts that you are even what you say you are. You seem like a nice enough dude, but I, for one, certainly would not want you as a first responder in charge of any initial investigation of anything I was involved in, your assertions to a propensity to want to 'protect' my interests all in the name of "safety" notwithstanding.

If you met me, you would not even know it I bet. Me, I hope you get the other guy to deal with you, so you can see and open you eyes more.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:15 AM

Quote:

I have plenty of "sense of reality". I deal with felons everyday. To the contrary, we have some people here who claim to be Police Officers who think citizens are felons prior to a trial. Being pro-LEO doesn't mean you have to be blind, deaf and dumb.

Stick around for awhile and read the entire thread. No one here is "ripping cops". We have one person who claims to be a police officer (like you claim to be an attorney/lawyer) who has taken a position that the majority here take issue with. And even though I don't measure up with CavCop's definition of an LEO (former Deputy Sheriff, currently in Corrections), I take issue with his position too.

This is not a blanket party on all LEO's, let's get that straight out of the gate counselor. I for one, have no idea where CavCop works, who he is or where he gets his ideas from. He's entitled to his opinion as we all are and those who come here can differ with LEO's opinions as long as it is done respectfully.

Those that do are not "ripping on cops" as a whole. To the contrary, it's very patriotic to differ with authority or in this case "presumed authority". For all I know, he's a Baker, you're a Butcher and I may be a candlestick maker.

Throwing titles around gets you nowhere, I don't care what you do for a living and using the term "cop bash" around here is getting as old as crying "racism" all the time. Police Officer are held to a higher standard for good reason, they hold quite a bit of authority and many of them forget that they are "public servants".

Carry on.

Fin
Old 04-05-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
I called no one a lire, I just read
No one accused you of calling anyone an ancient musical instrument

Quote:
And all I asked "What was your MOS".
Actually you did. Here are your words from that thread.
Quote:
Based on the way you mentioned your Trainer status/Military service, I think you are claiming to be what you are not.
At this point Cav you are being less than truthful, disingenuous, and misleading.

Quote:
I got a whole bunch of blah blah and this

Quote:
That's a dodge IMHO vs just saying what MOS he was. Then later I get a story and 19E would have worked for an MOS, as 11B worked for him.
He never dodged, you just didn't like his answer and went on a personal attack that ended up forcing a mod to shut that thread down. ***for those wondering, go to the Fort Hood II thread that was recently locked out to see the "conversation between Cav and another poster.

Quote:
As a member of the Military when a person claims Army instructor and firearms instructor, I know that was not a MOS or job, but a tasking that any MOS can claim or do. Most Firearm instructors are Infantry or on shooting teams. I was an instructor as well and lead weapon instructor for Infantry and Scout units.
Actually Cav, since you enjoy throwing out your self proclaimed status as a member of the military, you know full well that being a weapons instructor is more than a "tasking" and does not require being on a shooting team. That is also why there are ASI's and instructor positions specifically for this. Ask any tanker, Bradley gunner, etc... For someone who likes to talk up their experience, you sound somewhat ignorant on this subject.

Quote:
Now lire was not used by me, but clarification was needed. Same for 11B being called legs, or going from an 11B to Ranger. Little flags go up.
Seriously, will you please learn to spell. This conversation has nothing to do with musical instruments.
As far as that poster's comment about legs, whats your heartburn? A 11B without the P identifier is a leg. Being a 11B without any identifier mean "straight leg infantry," a term going back to WWII. That is historically accurate. V mean airborne qualified Ranger, G is a "leg" ranger, etc.... Nothing he said MOS wise was inaccurate, you just decided to make it personal.

Quote:
And the sad/funny thing is you and the guy seem to stalk me and argue semantics on opinions in many posts.
There is nothing "semantic" nor "stalking" about asking you for the statute that authorizes you, as a LEO in Texas, to shoot or disarm someone who is legally carrying off their property during times of emergency. Which you still HAVE NOT YET answered. This is an open thread and any poster has the right to ask questions, agree, disagree, or challenged others, as long as it is done with decorum, a degree of civility, and without making it personal. Something all of us have strove to undertake with you, as trying as it has been.

Quote:
You still have not made clear to me in this post what you issue was about taking firearms from people on the streets in a disaster other than you want a statute. I gave leads to follow up on. I explained the dates. So what is your real question besides not agreeing? What do feel I lied about? What do you want to call me out about? Can we end this child like stalking you have? Do you want me to post some Creds for you? We wont agree, you wont change my views, what is your end goal as I am thicker skinned than you. As I have said before, feel free to PM me with any personal issues I might clear up for you.
Again Cav, you are attempting to mislead and misdirect this topic. You were challenged on your post's, which anyone can reference and see, where you said you would disarm folks during times of emergency for simply carrying lawfully IAW Texas laws.

Your answers involved a series of convoluted posting that included statutes that DID NOT support your assertion and actually contradicted your self presumed authority. When challenged, you immediately attempted to deflect, misdirect, and engage those who disagreed with you at a personal level.

You now are attempting to do the same thing once again.

What is interesting Cav is that not one fellow LEO has supported you in this thread. Rather, we have seen one (who is also a mod) step in who disagreed professionally with you and you played passive aggressive word games attempting to diminish his current position as a officer of the law.

So the question remains unanswered Cav, by what Texas statute do YOU derive the authority to disarm, arrest, or engage with deadly force those who are, by your state's current laws, for simply openly carrying a long arm during times of "emergency"?

It's a simple question based on YOUR posts in this thread Cav. As far as "PMing" you, why? You made public postings, have been asked challenging questions publicly, and now there are those of us waiting for a public answer. This never was "personal," no matter how hard you attempt to steer this in that direction.

So while I go about my business and let you research and find that statute that authorizes you to arbitrarily suspend your fellow citizens civil liberties, you have a nice day

Last edited by DivePanama; 04-05-2014 at 10:05 AM.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler1537 View Post
Lire?? Are we in France?
Or ...... perhaps Italy. hmmmm maybe it was just a late night and countries got turned around
Old 04-05-2014, 11:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivePanama View Post
No one accused you of calling anyone an ancient musical instrument

Actually you did. Here are your words from that thread.
At this point Cav you are being less than truthful, disingenuous, and misleading.

He never dodged, you just didn't like his answer and went on a personal attack that ended up forcing a mod to shut that thread down. ***for those wondering, go to the Fort Hood II thread that was recently locked out to see the "conversation between Cav and another poster.

Actually Cav, since you enjoy throwing out your self proclaimed status as a member of the military, you know full well that being a weapons instructor is more than a "tasking" and does not require being on a shooting team. That is also why there are ASI's and instructor positions specifically for this. Ask any tanker, Bradley gunner, etc... For someone who likes to talk up their experience, you sound somewhat ignorant on this subject.

Seriously, will you please learn to spell. This conversation has nothing to do with musical instruments.
As far as that poster's comment about legs, whats your heartburn? A 11B without the P identifier is a leg. Being a 11B without any identifier mean "straight leg infantry," a term going back to WWII. That is historically accurate. V mean airborne qualified Ranger, G is a "leg" ranger, etc.... Nothing he said MOS wise was inaccurate, you just decided to make it personal.

There is nothing "semantic" nor "stalking" about asking you for the statute that authorizes you, as a LEO in Texas, to shoot or disarm someone who is legally carrying off their property during times of emergency. Which you still HAVE NOT YET answered. This is an open thread and any poster has the right to ask questions, agree, disagree, or challenged others, as long as it is done with decorum, a degree of civility, and without making it personal. Something all of us have strove to undertake with you, as trying as it has been.

Again Cav, you are attempting to mislead and misdirect this topic. You were challenged on your post's, which anyone can reference and see, where you said you would disarm folks during times of emergency for simply carrying lawfully IAW Texas laws.

Your answers involved a series of convoluted posting that included statutes that DID NOT support your assertion and actually contradicted your self presumed authority. When challenged, you immediately attempted to deflect, misdirect, and engage those who disagreed with you at a personal level.

You now are attempting to do the same thing once again.

What is interesting Cav is that not one fellow LEO has supported you in this thread. Rather, we have seen one (who is also a mod) step in who disagreed professionally with you and you played passive aggressive word games attempting to diminish his current position as a officer of the law.

So the question remains unanswered Cav, by what Texas statute do YOU derive the authority to disarm, arrest, or engage with deadly force those who are, by your state's current laws, for simply openly carrying a long arm during times of "emergency"?

It's a simple question based on YOUR posts in this thread Cav. As far as "PMing" you, why? You made public postings, have been asked challenging questions publicly, and now there are those of us waiting for a public answer. This never was "personal," no matter how hard you attempt to steer this in that direction.

So while I go about my business and let you research and find that statute that authorizes you to arbitrarily suspend your fellow citizens civil liberties, you have a nice day
One last time, show me where it must be a statute. Show me that all actions must be based on statute. Show me.

Now I am telling you that the Governer, Mayor, Local Judges had the autority to give orders to do so... Did you not read a single link I gave you at the start? Are you really that dense? I gave you the info.

Show me where it was illegal to take weapons in Katrina and Rita, show me? You cant, because it was legal at the time.

I will play your silly games. Show me, as I showed you and you have showed zero, nothing, nada, to counter what I posted, other than out dated updates.

So what is it, can you prove up your side, or just sound like a broken record. I will be waiting.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:04 PM
Retired Administrator

CavCop:
Knockoff the arguments. You will not receive another warning.

And the same to all the rest of you. Some of you are acting like a bunch of kids.

Closed.