good article , excellent video!!!
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/am...e-sales-floor/
Old 03-23-2020, 04:52 PM

Good stuff there, thanks.
Old 03-23-2020, 07:04 PM

Bahahahah....can I pay more money and take my gun
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2020, 07:12 PM

As true and aggravating as it may be.....that's the EXACT kind of idiot who does NOT need to be speaking to the public WRT guns. People like that guy do us exactly ZERO good.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:24 PM

That lady in the story also when she buys her 9mm handgun, will discover the 10 day waiting period in CA too. Won't she be surprised that she can't take the gun with her. Plus no ammo for it.

That does remind me of a science channel TV story about a pandemic a few years ago. The government told them to shelter in place and it would be all over soon. Then the electricity stops, then the water stops. Then the looter gangs arrive to pillage what they can. The unarmed family depicted in the show was forced to flee on foot and they had to avoid the gangs who would have killed them for whatever they had on them. They eventually got out of the city and found a car that worked. Then they ran into the road blocks put up by other small towns. The people guarding the road blocks forced them to turn around. Anyway what is currently going on sort of reminded me of that show.

Last edited by earlwb; 03-24-2020 at 10:50 PM. Reason: add more info
Old 03-25-2020, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSOtto View Post
As true and aggravating as it may be.....that's the EXACT kind of idiot who does NOT need to be speaking to the public WRT guns. People like that guy do us exactly ZERO good.
"ZERO good"...really? Why so?
Old 03-25-2020, 05:18 AM

All of these Bernie loving liberals suddenly need guns? I guess they secretly believe their vision of democratic utopia doesn't work. Sadly when this is over they will still vote D

However I still hope and pray that we can convert some to be pro 2a.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight Medic View Post
"ZERO good"...really? Why so?
That guy typifies every unappealing stereotype about gun owners. Loud, obnoxious, in your face, rude, insulting. All the social skills of of someone who must not have had any raising at all. .....A real arsehole if you ask me.

EDIT:. And at the end of his unintelligent diatribe.....he tells folks to be patient. Gee....I wonder how many of his "first time gun buyers" will come back to his shop to buy gun number 2??? I'd venture to say not many, if any.

Last edited by TRSOtto; 03-25-2020 at 10:14 AM.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:02 AM

I agree. There is way too much bad optics in support of our rights out there. I have bitten my tongue on previous posts regarding this because I am not here to argue with my brethren.

Why are people against the second amendment? They cite gun violence, but that is little more than an illogical excuse. In reality they feel that gun owners are of a certain type of person, which this asshat confirms for them. Would any democrat think they had any common ground with this guy? You may say you don't care, but with that there can be no greater support for our rights.

Optics are everything these days because everyone carries around a video camera on their phones and are able to broadcast to the entire world.

I am conflicted when I see the march in Virginia with people in full combat gear with AR's strapped to their chest. Or 9 year old girls carrying a rifle in the state house. I understand the point, but half the country never will. If we want more support we must show the antis who we really are - regular people just like them who happen to believe in our constitutional rights.
Old 03-25-2020, 10:15 AM

Have any folks here been asked yet whether they can “loan” a friend for the duration of this crisis?

That is always a fun conversation
Old 03-25-2020, 11:20 AM

Yup. I've been asked to provide a loaner.
The last conversation was like this:
Do you have an extra gun?
I've got a couple for sale.
I dont want to buy one, just borrow it for a while.
Oh. Sorry.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:57 PM

Yeah, the guy in the video should not have taped it using the vulgar language and rotten attitude. But, on the flip side, a friend of mine who fled California a few years ago sure gets this guys frustration. My friend worked part time at a gun store and has many times related how they have been treated by demanding customers who want what they want when the want it. The snowflake crowd can be complete jackasses, and firmly believe that store employees are supposed to bend down and kiss their butts. Again, I donít condone the video guys behavior, but I can certainly give him some slack for what they have contended with from customers during this panic run.

NRA Life Member, Patron Level
Old 03-25-2020, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodeepsam View Post
Yup. I've been asked to provide a loaner.
The last conversation was like this:
Do you have an extra gun?
I've got a couple for sale.
I dont want to buy one, just borrow it for a while.
Oh. Sorry.
I had a recent conversation like this with an ex-girlfriend who I still care about. As far as I know, she and her mom and sister have no gun. I have a couple of Ruger GP-100's that I don't carry. I told her that if push comes to shove and she feels that she needs a gun (assuming that she doesn't have one), I would sell her one for $1.00, on the condition that she sell it back to me for $1.00 when the panic is over.

There aren't many people I would do that for.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:02 AM

IMOA, take the time to help these panicky gun and ammo buyers. If you happen to come across them try and help them to handle their new firearms properly. We might have a few converts on our side in the future.