Ordered my AR9X pistol - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-02-2020, 09:40 PM

Ordered my AR9X pistol

After bugging WC about this for awhile (along with a lot of other people, to be certain) Wilson finally came out with their AR9 with X9 magazine compatibility.

I ordered my 8” pistol today, without many changes (it comes pretty well equipped):

- All black A/T
- 7.3” MLOK rail
- substitute Hogue rubber finger groove grip instead of the included WC grip (I have the Hogue version on all my rifles...love them!)

My only real disappointments are:

- The use of of a 5/8 x 24 thread pitch for the muzzle. This substantially limits, if not eliminates, all other 9mm comps except for Wilson’s own (which is decent at best). This was a personal decision by Bill himself I was told;
- Installation of a two-stage trigger. This is the only kind Wilson has for this pistol. I prefer a single stage..I am jumping the “gun” (haha) and this one MAY be ok

Upon receipt I will be taking off that horrible blade and substituting a SBA4 pistol brace (far superior). I am still figuring out which red dot I want but my choices are narrowed down to a few. A few other small parts may make their way into the gun, too.

I threw in a few accessories while I was ordering. I will now have a great AR9 to compliment my X9L (and maybe X9S...). Best part: finished and shipped in 2-6 weeks. Yup - much better than most pistols hahaha

She will be available at the Bash for everyone to enjoy!
Old 03-03-2020, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ytown1911 View Post
My only real disappointments are:
- The use of of a 5/8 x 24 thread pitch for the muzzle. This substantially limits, if not eliminates, all other 9mm comps except for Wilson’s own (which is decent at best).
You can run any caliber matched suppressor you want, just by using a thread pitch adaptor.

Do a search for 1/2-28 to 5/8-24 Adapter. I had to go in the reverse direction in order to run a 5/8-24 to a 1/2-28 threaded barrel for my 30-30 lever gun. They work to perfection.

You can see my adaptor in this pic, it’s sandwiched between two stainless washers.
Attached Thumbnails
D845EEA1-6541-442E-88AA-0494B9AE54B5.jpeg  
Old 03-03-2020, 07:01 AM

Good info! I figured there is probably an adapter somewhere but I hate to add more points for failure. But it was something that was on my “to do list“ to look up. Thanks again!

My suppressor has the pitch for direct thread, so that’s not an issue. But an adapter may help for regular compensators if I decide to go that route.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2020, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ytown1911 View Post
Good info! I figured there is probably an adapter somewhere but I hate to add more points for failure. But it was something that was on my “to do list“ to look up. Thanks again!

My suppressor has the pitch for direct thread, so that’s not an issue. But an adapter may help for regular compensators if I decide to go that route.
The thicker threads maintain accuracy. the AR9's are superbly accurate but on thin 1/2-28" TPI threads it is super easy to overtighten a muzzle device or a can and crimp the muzzle, creating an accuracy problem, so we went with thicker threads on these (and some other caliber guns as well).

There are about 20 suppressors on the market (or more) with 5/8"-24 TPI threads that are bored for 9mm but as you have learned, not nearly as many. as in 1/2"-28 tpi.

Easy solution is to find a comp you like with 5/8"-24 tpi threads and have it reamed for your bore diameter.
[email protected]
Sure! I would be happy to Google that for you!
Old 03-03-2020, 09:04 AM

That's a very good reason, as usual not surprising from Wilson since they are one of the few companies that make stuff that actually works and holds up.....and if there is an issue it's simply not allowed to exist more than one trip back.

Also kinda ruins what one expects from other companies if I'm honest.
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland
Old 03-03-2020, 09:21 AM

Nice choice will like to see you post the range results when ready. I ordered a 16" carbine AR9X through George on 02/11/20, I was advised it would be shipped this week. Gray Upper/Lower & Rail, Black barrel, controls & furniture; this will match the EDC X9 I have on order since 1/14/20.
Old 03-03-2020, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by US1911 View Post
You can run any caliber matched suppressor you want, just by using a thread pitch adaptor.

Do a search for 1/2-28 to 5/8-24 Adapter. I had to go in the reverse direction in order to run a 5/8-24 to a 1/2-28 threaded barrel for my 30-30 lever gun. They work to perfection.

You can see my adaptor in this pic, it’s sandwiched between two stainless washers.
Um what type of muzzle device is that?
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland
Old 03-03-2020, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker2237 View Post
Um what type of muzzle device is that?
That’s a Wilson Blast Diverter for direct thread onto their Rapid Thread Muzzle Brake for rockin a Whisper suppressor.

Shooting 7.62 without a suppressor or blast diverter attached with that particular muzzle brake, will having you reaching for MOPP gear.
Attached Thumbnails
826CD7C5-32EF-4A2A-9919-ECE3041F67DD.jpeg