Just because you are paranoid. - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 02-12-2020, 01:06 PM

Just because you are paranoid.

This does not mean that they are not out to get you.

You have to wonder what these people are going to do when something bad happens.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-...ops/ar-BBZTz30
Old 02-12-2020, 02:16 PM

It's not the child that is mentally impaired. It's the school administration that needs guidance and special needs.
Old 02-12-2020, 03:23 PM

Hang on a sec, they called the cops on a 6 year old kid? These are the people who are supposed to be teaching our kids?
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2020, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesaun View Post
Hang on a sec, they called the cops on a 6 year old kid? These are the people who are supposed to be teaching our kids?
Sadly today public schools are little more than indoctrination centers for Liberal ideology.
Old 02-12-2020, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED HORSE View Post
Sadly today public schools are little more than indoctrination centers for Liberal ideology.
That is where the war with these leftist/liberals will be lost. In the generational indoctrination of school chilren from kindergarten through college.

The country has gone topsy-turvy in many ways and its been that way for more than a generation now.

Last night I went to my parents place, they are in their mid-80's. We were watching Tucker Carlson, and they were announcing that Pete Buttigieg was winning the New Hampshire primaries. I joked with my mother that if Buttigieg gets elected President, there would be no First Lady, that there would be a First Gentleman... or whatever the title would be for the spouse of a homosexual president in the White House.

She refused to believe me. She thought I was just being nasty to the democrats. These types of societal changes are too radical for my parents to believe. So I had to google up Buttigieg and show her his wedding photos of him kissing on the mouth his spouse when he got married as mayor in South Bend. She was stunned to see two men openly kissing passionately on the mouth and that he had a chance to be elected president.

Absolutely nothing surprises me anymore.

Last edited by PolymerMan; 02-12-2020 at 06:21 PM.
Old 02-12-2020, 07:46 PM

A big part of the problem is that school districts adopt zero tolerance policies for all sorts of behavior. This lets the teachers and administrators off the hook so parents can't blame them for anything. "I'm sorry Mr. Smith, but the district has a zero tolerance policy."
Old 02-12-2020, 08:16 PM
Administrator

Unfortunately this sort of thing isn't new. When I was in grade school in the early 1980s a bunch of friends and I used our fingers to play war in the outfield during recess. We got called inside by the teachers and chewed out. Apparently we weren't even allowed to THINK about guns in school.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 02-12-2020, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaidad View Post
A big part of the problem is that school districts adopt zero tolerance policies for all sorts of behavior. This lets the teachers and administrators off the hook so parents can't blame them for anything. "I'm sorry Mr. Smith, but the district has a zero tolerance policy."
Its zero tolerance only when it is convenient for them. Take the Parkland School Shooter. There were about 3 to 4 years of complaints about that little demented twerp. He would throw desks at the teachers and tell people he would be the next school shooter. They DID NOTHING! If you know the story, I need to say no more.

But, the zero tolerance policy wasn't in the agenda with the PROMISE program whereby, every thug and miscreant in the school system would be swept under the rug. The PROMISE program was intended to reduce the pipeline of school to prison by not charging kids with crimes so it would not hurt their chances of getting into college or getting a job.

They needed to artificially inflate good statistics about graduation and reduce the statistics on petty crime and violence to make their liberal agenda look good. They lied about everything.

A Florida Grand jury came out with a report a few months ago saying that the school administrators need to be held accountable, possibly criminally for lying about school safety.

Danger Imminent If Schools Don’t Comply Now With Safety Laws, Grand Jury Report Says
Quote:
Broward County rose as an example of flawed emergency communications, under-reported student issues and last-second scrambles to comply with statewide school-safety laws in a statewide grand jury report released late Wednesday.
Yes... there is a zero tolerance, but only when it is convenient for them.
Old 02-12-2020, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post
Its zero tolerance only when it is convenient for them. Take the Parkland School Shooter. There were about 3 to 4 years of complaints about that little demented twerp. He would throw desks at the teachers and tell people he would be the next school shooter. They DID NOTHING! If you know the story, I need to say no more.

But, the zero tolerance policy wasn't in the agenda with the PROMISE program whereby, every thug and miscreant in the school system would be swept under the rug. The PROMISE program was intended to reduce the pipeline of school to prison by not charging kids with crimes so it would not hurt their chances of getting into college or getting a job.

They needed to artificially inflate good statistics about graduation and reduce the statistics on petty crime and violence to make their liberal agenda look good. They lied about everything.

A Florida Grand jury came out with a report a few months ago saying that the school administrators need to be held accountable, possibly criminally for lying about school safety.

Danger Imminent If Schools Don’t Comply Now With Safety Laws, Grand Jury Report Says

Yes... there is a zero tolerance, but only when it is convenient for them.
They were so scared of that little prick that he wasn't even allowed to have a backpack at school.

I was probably in 4th grade or so when zero tolerance was adopted. I got suspended for dropping dirt between my legs and acting like I took a dump. No joke, that was 6th grade.
Old 02-13-2020, 12:03 AM

Zero tolerance = zero thinking! Which fits with most school administrators, and teachers today!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ron "Chalky" Beason
Old 02-13-2020, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaidad View Post
It should be, “We’re sorry Mrs Smith, but we had to pound on your kid because he was being disruptive”. We didn’t want to bother your husband while he was working for such a trivial thing......
Old 02-13-2020, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesaun View Post
They were so scared of that little prick that he wasn't even allowed to have a backpack at school.

I was probably in 4th grade or so when zero tolerance was adopted. I got suspended for dropping dirt between my legs and acting like I took a dump. No joke, that was 6th grade.
Sorry.....that’s just funny.
Old 02-13-2020, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro.45 View Post
Sorry.....that’s just funny.
Yeah, I thought so to, So did my parents. My Mom reamed that principles ass. Course the principal didn't hear a word.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2020, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
Unfortunately this sort of thing isn't new. When I was in grade school in the early 1980s a bunch of friends and I used our fingers to play war in the outfield during recess. We got called inside by the teachers and chewed out. Apparently we weren't even allowed to THINK about guns in school.
What??? In the 80’s??
No offense, but where were you?
That kind of idiocy didn’t happen where I grew up until the turn of the century.
Old 02-13-2020, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronbwolf View Post
Zero tolerance = zero thinking! Which fits with most school administrators, and teachers today!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
On point. In the late 90s My son was suspended 2x in grammar school, like 3rd or 4th grade.
Once for mistakenly having a small pocket knife in his pants pocket. He just put on the same pants from the day before. When he realized his mistake, he showed his friend on the playground. He was not running around or threatening anyone. A school monitor reported him.
After a 3 day suspension, but before he could re enter, i had a school psychologist at my house and We had to have a meeting at school before they let him back. No police were called.

The second time was when he helped his friend who got jumped and was getting his ass kicked on the play ground. When they suspended him again, i called and told the principal I was rewarding my son vs punishing him. Again, no LE.

That was in the 90s, i can just imagine what they’d do today..
Old 02-13-2020, 08:31 AM

Quote:
It should be, “We’re sorry Mrs Smith, but we had to pound on your kid because he was being disruptive”. We didn’t want to bother your husband while he was working for such a trivial thing......
This is really the difference.

Today, teachers/administrators can't touch children, the protocol is to call law enforcement for disruptive children who won't respond to "Please, stop."

Another problem, as has been mentioned in this thread, is the school is always in the wrong and it's not the kid or the parent.

When I was a kid in school I got into trouble occasionally, but I was fairly well behaved. The reason, I feared the teachers if I got out of line, and if I was way out of line, I feared my parents even more.

Today, kids know the school can't do anything to them, and if the school calls the parents to tell them their child is a problem, the parents will explain to the teacher/guidance counselor/principal/superintendent that they don't know what they are talking about and perhaps you'd like to speak to my lawyer.
Old 02-13-2020, 09:03 AM

Quote:
What??? In the 80’s??
No offense, but where were you?
That kind of idiocy didn’t happen where I grew up until the turn of the century.
I was going to say the same thing. In fact, in Idaho at least, kids still aren't getting in trouble for that.
Old 02-13-2020, 02:55 PM

I wonder if she'll be tried as a 10-year old....?
Old 02-13-2020, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED HORSE View Post
There's still some right leaning education staff around , but the problem is that the leftist parents screech the loudest in the event the teacher appears to be against their cause. Unfortunately, conservative parents take the "higher ground" and remain quiet when the leftists educators start acting up.
Old 02-13-2020, 03:54 PM

"Philthadelphia"

Old 02-13-2020, 07:31 PM

It looks like this disease has even gone ivy league.

But you knew that was going to happen.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/yale-a...tity-disorder/
Old 02-13-2020, 11:02 PM
Banned

when Yale calls "being on time" and the concept of TIME itself to be racist White Privilege,,,,,,, you know its time Paul Revere grabbed the lantern and took another ride.
Old 02-14-2020, 07:00 AM

Well put.......
Old 02-14-2020, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The War Wagon View Post
"Philthadelphia"

Yeah.

No offense intended, but.................................

Twice a year we have to go to Philadelphia for a check-up with my oncologist.

The hotel and the hospital are in the mid-town area of Philly. Ugly inner city life at it's worst. No one smiles....eyes straight ahead and locked.

We can't wait to get out of town and open the windows for some fresh air.
Agent Orange---the gift that keeps on giving.

Last edited by Ranger566; 02-14-2020 at 11:26 AM.
Old 02-15-2020, 07:18 AM

Ranger, thanks for your service....
I just caught your sig line...