1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-06-2020, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSOtto View Post
Not even close. My property taxes are $13k per year. That doesn't even pay for 1 year of only one of my kids private school.

How does diverting property tax receipts from one school to another "solve the problem"???

All you did was move dollars. You didn't solve anything.
Put the total edu tax dollars into pvt education system and it will be enough. The gov't isn't efficient with money.

Your using the $ figures for your current situation only... Your school is also more expensive than many... your taxes would cover my son's pvt school.

What I do know for fact is that everyone's taxes are not enough for the gov't run edu system... I firmly believe that the private sector could make it work much more efficiently and within the tax base.
Old 01-06-2020, 10:38 AM
Banned

If you want to reduce the school of public education you got to do things.

1. eliminate the teacher unions. They add so much pork to the cost its not funny.
2. eliminate teacher contracts, make it an actual job again based on results.
-no more schools built simply to build them. -no more tenure, too many teachers have taught in school systems like Chicago for 30 years without ever actually stepping into a class room.

3. Go back to parochial
Old 01-06-2020, 11:35 AM

Judge Judy announced her support for Bloomberg this morning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketshaver View Post
If you want to reduce the school of public education you got to do things.

1. eliminate the teacher unions. They add so much pork to the cost its not funny.
2. eliminate teacher contracts, make it an actual job again based on results.
-no more schools built simply to build them. -no more tenure, too many teachers have taught in school systems like Chicago for 30 years without ever actually stepping into a class room.

3. Go back to parochial
Item1 is incorrect. The union dues paid come out of the teachers paycheck.
Item2 is necessary as the teachers have no power to insure the students have to perform in an academic fashion let alone in a polite civil manner.
Item3 when parents pay for the education they make sure to get the benefit of the investment.
Joe
Old 01-06-2020, 01:25 PM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavelamb View Post
Judge Judy announced her support for Bloomberg this morning.
Oh wow...how lucky he is to have her magnanimous support.
Old 01-06-2020, 01:26 PM
Adminstrator

Fellas, keep it gun related or it will be closed due to thread drift.
Old 01-06-2020, 01:57 PM

Boogerberg speaks out on the Texas West Freeway Church of Christ shooting...

Amazing lack of humanity...

When asked about the self-defense by a member of the congregation who was carrying a gun, this New York slimeball said it wasn't the duty of any member of the congregation to decide to shoot... it's the duty of cops to carry guns and decide when to shoot. He dismissed that average citizens should have guns.

See folks... this is the mindset of those that believe in a police state where only police are permitted to be armed.

I supposed that this Billionaire slimeball would have preferred that 20 or 30 members of the congregation be killed in the few minutes it would take for cops to arrive.

Of course... it's preferable for these elitist slimeballs, for our nation to suffer huge massacres, one after another, so they can repeal the 2nd amendment, and confiscate every firearm in the nation.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2020...aign=ila_alert
Quote:
“It may true, I wasn’t there, I don’t know the facts, that somebody in the congregation had their own gun and killed the person who murdered two other people,” he said. “But it’s the job of law enforcement to, uh, have guns and to decide when to shoot.” He continued, “You just do not want the average citizen carrying a gun in a crowded place.”
Old 01-06-2020, 08:05 PM

I'm sorry but I have to say it, what an *** ol' Bloomberg is. Ban me delete this but it wont change the fact that Bloomberg is ...
Old 01-07-2020, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post
Amazing lack of humanity...

When asked about the self-defense by a member of the congregation who was carrying a gun, this New York slimeball said it wasn't the duty of any member of the congregation to decide to shoot... it's the duty of cops to carry guns and decide when to shoot. He dismissed that average citizens should have guns.

See folks... this is the mindset of those that believe in a police state where only police are permitted to be armed.

I supposed that this Billionaire slimeball would have preferred that 20 or 30 members of the congregation be killed in the few minutes it would take for cops to arrive.

Of course... it's preferable for these elitist slimeballs, for our nation to suffer huge massacres, one after another, so they can repeal the 2nd amendment, and confiscate every firearm in the nation.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2020...aign=ila_alert
I'd love to see a news story interviewing the congregants that were saved and asking them to react to bloomberg's comments! Put regular people's faces to his hatred
Old 01-07-2020, 01:16 PM

Security is EVERYONE's business.

Churches are frequently places of violence. Any idea how many sex offenders prefer to do their stalking at churches?
Old 01-08-2020, 05:40 AM

I was asked to and expected to provide security or the small church I attended. It really was not a change as I carried anyway. For any house of worship to ignore the fact that they might be targeted is just plain ridiculousness. As always, better safe than sorry.
Old 01-08-2020, 06:24 AM

Don't you just love it when Billionaires, with an Army of Armed Guards tell other folks how they are going to spend other people's money, how to live, etc.?
Old 01-08-2020, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Grey Hare View Post
No, his malarkey after the Texas church head-shot is that only police should be armed.

And his own security team, of course.
Bloomberg replied after the Texas church shooting:
“It may true, I wasn’t there, I don’t know the facts, that somebody in the congregation had their own gun and killed the person who murdered two other people,” he said. “But it’s the job of law enforcement to, uh, have guns and to decide when to shoot.” He continued, “You just do not want the average citizen carrying a gun in a crowded place.”
Old 01-08-2020, 02:33 PM

What Bloomberg doesn't understand is that while law enforcement tries very hard to be proactive, one can't be everywhere at once. This means in a lot of cases law enforcement is reactive. That adds up to more dead and injured in an active shooter situation.
Old 01-08-2020, 02:47 PM
Adminstrator

Bloomturd completely understands that. He just does not care because it doesn't fit his narrative.
Old 01-08-2020, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny handgun View Post
Facts mean nothing to these lying pigs, unfortunately uninformed voters will fall for crap like this.

https://www.infowars.com/michael-blo...y-under-trump/

Quote:
Michael Bloomberg Claims ‘21 Students Are Shot Every Day’ Under Trump

It's probably technically true - if you include Venezuela and the like.
The "under Trump" part means Mr. Trump was president at the time -
in the USA.
Old 01-09-2020, 10:23 AM

The fool has no understanding of the Constitution, particularly the Second Amendment. I had not seen his comments in Alabama, but it demonstrates his arrogance and idiocy when it comes to the safety of ordinary citizens. I do love watching him piss away hundreds of millions on his joke of a campaign while political consultants he has hired rub their hand in glee after telling him he has a great chance at the nomination.
Old 01-11-2020, 03:24 PM

I read this piece of good news:

Quote:
The Democratic National Committee’s primary rules stipulate that a candidate must win 15 percent of the vote statewide or 15 percent by any congressional district in order to collect any delegates. Internal models do not show Bloomberg above 10 percent in any of the first four early voting states—Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, and South Carolina, where he is intentionally ceding by bypassing campaigning there–or any district in the 15 delegate-rich states set to vote on March 3.
The bad news is this slimeball has so much money, he'll never miss it. If anything it may discourage him from continuing to try to buy the American electorate in the future... hopefully.
Old 01-11-2020, 09:50 PM

Not only do we have to keep a Republican in the oval office, we need to take bake the house and keep the senate.
Old 01-11-2020, 10:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I read this piece of good news:

The bad news is this slimeball has so much money, he'll never miss it. If anything it may discourage him from continuing to try to buy the American electorate in the future... hopefully.
Today he announced that he's willing to spend as much as a billion dollars if necessary to buy... ummm, "win" the presidency.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 01-11-2020, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
Today he announced that he's willing to spend as much as a billion dollars if necessary to buy... ummm, "win" the presidency.
I think right there, that will be a big turn off to the average American if he is willing to spend that kind of money out of pocket; I can't imagine anyone donating to the Bloomberg campaign... average Joe Blow making $48,000 a year isn't giving that slimeball $100, $10 or a shiny nickel. It is not going to happen, and people who want to vote for a candidate generally give to the campaign, no matter how small the contribution.
Old 01-11-2020, 11:39 PM
Adminstrator

Quote:
I think right there, that will be a big turn off to the average American if he is willing to spend that kind of money out of pocket; I can't imagine anyone donating to the Bloomberg campaign... average Joe Blow making $48,000 a year isn't giving that slimeball $100, $10 or a shiny nickel. It is not going to happen, and people who want to vote for a candidate generally give to the campaign, no matter how small the contribution.
100%.
Let that assbag spend as much as he can. The more the better. Just a sign of how desperate he is to remain relevant. Just a d-bag of a man.
Old 01-12-2020, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW McVay View Post
Let that assbag spend as much as he can. The more the better. Just a sign of how desperate he is to remain relevant. Just a d-bag of a man.
It’s amazing that the 160 million he’ll likely spend only represents or correlates to you or me spending something like .03%....but an assbag nonetheless.
I’d like to see him go on record with a real interviewer regarding 2A so his elitist attitude would come out more (if that’s possible).

Him and judge Judy were in San Antonio, Texas yesterday ‘campaigning’,,,,he’s definitely swinging for the fences.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:14 PM

I don't know why he is buying so much tv time in Alabama. He sure isn't getting many votes here.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:43 PM

Has this article been posted yet?

Quote:
This is the elitist, aristocratic, oligarchy our Founders warned us about, manifested
before our very eyes. To arrogant elitists like Bloomberg, the average American is expendable,
and most definitely deplorable. To the gun control elitist, the average American is a peasant
who cannot be trusted to decide what he or she eats, let alone to own firearms.

The truth is, Bloomberg-type gun control fanatics actually fear the average American.

Often times, pompous plutocrats like Bloomberg shout the loudest for more and more gun control,
all while surrounded by a traveling security net of armed guards. After all, they’re not lowly peasants
so they’re much more deserving of protection and security than you are.

The inconvenient truth is that the purpose of the Second Amendment is to safeguard against precisely
Bloomberg’s way of thinking. The purpose of the Second Amendment is to keep power in the hands of
the people. To ensure that government operates at the consent of the governed. This is why we must
never compromise, relinquish or forego exercising this right.

The battle over Second Amendment rights is a symptom of a larger problem in America. Many politicians
fear the fact that ‘We The People’ are the boss. But in their view, ‘We The People’ are ignorant and the
Bloomberg types think they are superior. In overbearing, nanny-state fashion, they clearly know better
than we do, as they have made clear for all who care to listen.

The last thing elitist civilian disarmament fanatics — Moms Who Demand and Everytown shills — want is
for the average American to be “woke” and remind them who is in charge. They hope you are oblivious
and stay that way.
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/gu...rage-american/

Last edited by cavelamb; 01-12-2020 at 12:45 PM.