1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-16-2020, 11:45 PM

Wright leather makes beautiful holsters
Old 03-28-2020, 07:29 PM

Milt Sparks is hard to beat. I have VM2, 55BN, and Summer Special 2's for multiple pistols and have never been disappointed.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:15 AM

"Mickeyd" showed a photo of the Tucker HF-1. His is a fancy version. I have a fancy one too. They also make less fancy versions. The Tucker HF-1 holster looks a bit odd with that front tab, but nothing supports the weight of an all steel 1911 like that holster does. I have most of the holsters mentioned so far and none of them work for me with an all steel, full-sized 1911 like the HF-1.

IWB holsters are great if all of your pants are loose around the waist. Despite my best efforts, my waist is growing, not shrinking, and I don't have any additional room in my pants for an IWB rig. They're just not comfortable for me.

IWB or OWB, equally as important as the holster is the belt. It must be a stiff, wide (1 1/2"), and thick, purpose built gun-belt. No holster will really work without a purpose built gun-belt.

Last edited by bradsvette; 03-29-2020 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:13 AM

Another vote for Milt Sparks.. i have a couple [IWB] Versa max 2's.. One for my 1911 and 1 for my glock.. Also have the Axiom [OWB] for the 1911
Old 03-29-2020, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyd View Post
Check out Tucker Gunleather for OWB holster.
Beautiful craftsmanship and stays close to body.

Agreed.

Waiting on one now for a WC that was ordered a couple weeks back.

Hard to beat OWB comfort and they conceal well pulled high & tight against body like these Tucker HF-1 models seem to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starship Enterpris View Post
Save yourself the "box of holsters" syndrome.

Pick up a Milt Sparks Criterion and call it a day.
For IWB is't hard to argue against that. I've been using 3 of them fo different guns and have to say they are extremely comfortable.

Zero complaints.
Old 03-29-2020, 11:24 AM

Anyone have experience with J.N. Ingle Leather?
https://jningleleather.com/
Old 03-29-2020, 05:48 PM

I guess I'm going to have to make up my mind soon. I didn't know there were so many good looking holsters. The Tucker HF holsters look lick they would really support a 1911, especially, a lighter one. I might have to try it for the Para P12. I haven't carried it because it is all steel and heavy. The Para is not on his list but any 1911 holster for a 3" bbl should work.

Last edited by alamogunr; 03-29-2020 at 05:53 PM.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamogunr View Post
I guess I'm going to have to make up my mind soon. I didn't know there were so many good looking holsters. The Tucker HF holsters look lick they would really support a 1911, especially, a lighter one. I might have to try it for the Para P12. I haven't carried it because it is all steel and heavy. The Para is not on his list but any 1911 holster for a 3" bbl should work.
Dude, just like 1911s, holsters are all different and the best ones typically cost more money. If weight isn't a problem, then there are a bunch of great holsters out there for the taking. But, if weight support of/on the holster is a consideration, the Tucker HF-1 is the choice. It looks a little big when you first get it, and you may wonder if it will easily conceal. It will easily conceal, and it will support and distribute the weight of a full sized, all steel 1911. If weight support isn't a big thing for you, then the Tucker is just like any other nice holster, but if you're going to carry a heavy gun, the Tucker is the best, IMHO. P.S. Their belts are the best in the business too.
Old 04-12-2020, 04:04 AM

https://www.amazon.com/Bianchi-Holst...45&sr=8-1&th=1

I ran across this by accident acouple of years ago.
It's moulded for a Commander. If fit's all sizes off 1911's, But it's commander length. Don't go by the pictures.

It has more than a FBI rake.
This actually does two things.
One it makes the grip easy to draw because it's right were your hand will go.
Instead of pulling the gun into your armpit.
Second it makes the gun and holster feel smaller, because of the rake.
The vertical measurement gets shorter if we turn the gun on a angle.
The leather is good thickness, but not overly thick, which I have found with some of the big name companies.
I wear this right behind my hip and forget it's there.
It's pulled close to my body and because of the tilt , doesn't dig into my car seat.
Possibly the best holster I have owned in my 30 years of carrying.
Order from Amazon, if you don't like it send it back.
Don't forget a good gun belt and a mag pouch of the other side spreads the load for more comfort.
Old 04-12-2020, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autonomous View Post
Anyone have experience with J.N. Ingle Leather?
https://jningleleather.com/
When one goes to the website, there are dozen of pictures with "base" price, they are not taking new orders. Very impressive.
Old 04-12-2020, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky T View Post
When one goes to the website, there are dozen of pictures with "base" price, they are not taking new orders. Very impressive.
All I get is a blank screen. No matter. I've got more choices than I can process now.
Old 04-12-2020, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Tactical View Post
https://www.amazon.com/Bianchi-Holst...45&sr=8-1&th=1

I ran across this by accident acouple of years ago.
It's moulded for a Commander. If fit's all sizes off 1911's, But it's commander length. Don't go by the pictures.

It has more than a FBI rake.
This actually does two things.
One it makes the grip easy to draw because it's right were your hand will go.
Instead of pulling the gun into your armpit.
Second it makes the gun and holster feel smaller, because of the rake.
The vertical measurement gets shorter if we turn the gun on a angle.
The leather is good thickness, but not overly thick, which I have found with some of the big name companies.
I wear this right behind my hip and forget it's there.
It's pulled close to my body and because of the tilt , doesn't dig into my car seat.
Possibly the best holster I have owned in my 30 years of carrying.
Order from Amazon, if you don't like it send it back.
Don't forget a good gun belt and a mag pouch of the other side spreads the load for more comfort.
Thanks for that link. I'm going to try one. Even if it isn't exactly what I need, the price is hard to pass up.
Old 04-12-2020, 11:27 PM

For a heavy gun Tucker's HF-1 can't be beat. It's unique front flap really sucks the gun in tight and supports very well. Personally, I wouldn't recommend their HF-2 because of the exposed muzzle. I know you can use it with different length slides, but in my opinion I prefer a gun-specific holster.
Old 04-13-2020, 04:46 PM

Ordered a Mag carrier from Wright Leather real easy process. Went back and ordered a Holster also. LOL this site getting expensive

Last edited by Miles42; 04-13-2020 at 04:55 PM.