1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-26-2020, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayCnty View Post
Talk about a clone! Looks like a Kimber Two Tone. Even the grips are extremely similar.

They say that to copy another's product is the greatest form of flattery. I wonder if Kimber will send a thank you note to SA?
At a shop I work at, the two tone Custom II outsells the stainless version 5:1. It's an elegant 1911, but I like the Springfield better.

Last edited by actionexpress; 01-26-2020 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-26-2020, 04:08 PM

Does anyone know when these are supposed to start showing up at the shops?
Old 01-26-2020, 10:56 PM

[QUOTE=jcc7x7;13047348]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ether View Post
Does anyone use those, much less appreciate the aesthetics?

Yep use them every day, to press check.
Use them every time at the range to manipulate the slide.
Much faster for me and more comfortable.
Also keeps my big paws out of the way of the ejection port when clearing the gun if needed.
To each his own.
I respect that, and I didn't mean to offend. Maybe there are enough proponents of the serrations to merit them. I just don't see the point, and I apologize for it.

Last edited by ether; 01-26-2020 at 10:59 PM.
Old 01-27-2020, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmgc View Post
Does anyone know when these are supposed to start showing up at the shops?

Its showing on their website . So you should be able to order them Now .

9MM - PX9119L / 45ACP PX9120L
Old 01-27-2020, 11:24 PM

I am thinking I want the 4.75 one
Old 01-30-2020, 05:56 AM

More on the Ronin

https://www.thearmorylife.com/shot-show-2020-round-up/
Old 01-30-2020, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy1911 View Post
I like the font and lettering on the slide . Its a good looking pistol .
The price point is nice at 850.00

I just wish they would start offering checkered versions of their
pistols at the 11 to 1200.00 price point
I picked up a NIB PC9CUS-3 for under 1k
Kart barrel, checkering, single sided safety, no ILS. magwell, G10 grips, fiber front. Stainless frame, chrome-moly slide.

The bad, the frontsight is 0.125 ( i prefer 0.090- .100), same MIM parts as there current line-up.
the crown was cut by an anger beaver.. Springfield sent a call-ticket & recrowned barrel (better) drilled the frame for ejector pin (per my request).
returned gun in 10 days with test target N/C.

I haven't shot it yet, I think its a lot of gun/features for the $$$

https://www.impactguns.com/semi-auto...27967-pc9cus-3
Old 01-30-2020, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy1911 View Post
At the end of the article is says Available Now. i have not seen it listed any where, all say out of stock or doesn't even list it. LGS, Buds, GunBroker, GrabAGun, etc. So i do not think it is generally available to the public yet.
Old 01-30-2020, 10:51 AM

Just looked it up on Gallery of Guns. My instant quote was $730
Old 01-30-2020, 06:58 PM

I backordered a 9mm from my LGS for $720, can't wait. I'll probably get the commander as well whenever they arrive.

There's a couple of .45s on Gunbroker...looks like it ships in a cardboard box...guess they gotta save a couple bucks somewhere.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/854955173
Old 01-31-2020, 06:14 AM

In stock, $729 for the 9mm @ GAG.
Old 02-01-2020, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootin-blanks View Post
I picked up a NIB PC9CUS-3 for under 1k
Kart barrel, checkering, single sided safety, no ILS. magwell, G10 grips, fiber front. Stainless frame, chrome-moly slide.

The bad, the frontsight is 0.125 ( i prefer 0.090- .100), same MIM parts as there current line-up.
the crown was cut by an anger beaver.. Springfield sent a call-ticket & recrowned barrel (better) drilled the frame for ejector pin (per my request).
returned gun in 10 days with test target N/C.

I haven't shot it yet, I think its a lot of gun/features for the $$$

https://www.impactguns.com/semi-auto...27967-pc9cus-3
I like that one, what's the story behind it? Is it a distributor exclusive of some sort, I don't even see the TM's on the SPFD website anymore. They were listed at other sites for about 200.00 less but all those places were out so I guess if you want one you pay the 999.00!
Old 02-01-2020, 05:14 PM

^^^^- the PC9CUS-3 listed on impact website has me confused( not hard to do ) They list it as a factory custom, but the slide is not roll marked as such. TM's haven't been produced for a few years now but where nice pistols. The one pictured on impactguns is something I would buy, $999 for a custom shop gun? I don't think so. Maybe Billy1911 can chime in on this he's good with SA history. I should add the Ronin Operator 9mm compact is the running for my next SA Buy but the FCS might be the deal breaker.

Last edited by 2toes22; 02-01-2020 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-01-2020, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2toes22 View Post
^^^^- the PC9CUS-3 listed on impact website has me confused( not hard to do ) They list it as a factory custom, but the slide is not roll marked as such. TM's haven't been produced for a few years now but where nice pistols. The one pictured on impactguns is something I would buy, $999 for a custom shop gun? I don't think so. Maybe Billy1911 can chime in on this he's good with SA history. I should add the Ronin Operator 9mm compact is the running for my next SA Buy but the FCS might be the deal breaker.

I think that pistol is parts left over from the TGO 2 and 3 project that they are now
calling the Trophy match custom . Its got nice options .

Last edited by Billy1911; 02-01-2020 at 05:51 PM.
Old 02-03-2020, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock20man View Post
I'm thinking that adding a set of Pachmayr signature grips would make a nice retro.
That's exactly what I thought too.

How I lusted after a two-tone ss or hard-chrome back in the 70s and 80s (since I have pretty acidic sweat - or used to). So this is very retro appealing - except a) Yes, that again, and b) Yes, that too.
Old 02-05-2020, 07:19 AM

Glued ejector ??

There's not enough ammo in the world ....
Old 02-05-2020, 10:30 PM

I just bought mine 5 days ago from my LGS for $699 OTD. It's impeccable. Every bit as well constructed as my RO Elite Operator 9mm. The Ronin's appearance is striking. The slide and frame flats are polished, while the rounded portions are matte. Nice touch. No slop. Tight as a bank vault. Safety snicks on and off with perfect pressure. Fiber optic front on the Ronin is brighter than my RO Elite Operator; not sure why. I haven't gotten to shoot it yet, but I'm confident its range performance will match its looks. The Ronin ships in a cardboard box, but there is a padded SA zippered case on the inside of the box.

The only negatives are one magazine and smooth front strap.
Old 02-06-2020, 12:50 AM

I like mine better, and it’s not finished yet.
Attached Thumbnails
1FAE2F61-03D1-4A44-9815-FF796C6C63CA.jpeg  
Old 03-10-2020, 02:35 PM

Just spoke with Springfield and they are going to start offering front strap checkering as a SACS service, again.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndfrc View Post
Just spoke with Springfield and they are going to start offering front strap checkering as a SACS service, again.

That would be one of the best things they could do !!!!

I'll believe it when I see it . Maybe other packages will be coming
Old 03-26-2020, 07:26 PM

The answer the million dollar question in this tread I just received my ronin operator today as a replacement of an emp just just would not work after 3 trips back to SACS it still wouldn’t run so they offered to replace with different model and I jumped in and said the ronin the fit on this weapon is fantastic action and trigger are as smooth as glass but I will say I will be trying Wilson combat recoil spring 15lb because the stock spring is very sluggish after about 5 failures to return to battery in first ten rounds is functioned flawless and groups amazing at 10 yds but now to answer everyone’s question yes they pinned the ejector will post pics to prove so I would absolutely recommend the ronin operator in 9 mm to anyone and the help I received from SACS during this has been outstanding
Attached Thumbnails
978FFE65-A091-4FD2-A394-09D23474A6EE_1585267955432.jpeg   image_1585268086528.jpg   7A74677D-DD2A-47B7-9EF6-BF28FD0AEAC8_1585268661280.jpeg  
Old 03-27-2020, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmcleatherworks View Post
The answer the million dollar question in this tread I just received my ronin operator today as a replacement of an emp just just would not work after 3 trips back to SACS it still wouldn’t run so they offered to replace with different model and I jumped in and said the ronin the fit on this weapon is fantastic action and trigger are as smooth as glass but I will say I will be trying Wilson combat recoil spring 15lb because the stock spring is very sluggish after about 5 failures to return to battery in first ten rounds is functioned flawless and groups amazing at 10 yds but now to answer everyone’s question yes they pinned the ejector will post pics to prove so I would absolutely recommend the ronin operator in 9 mm to anyone and the help I received from SACS during this has been outstanding

Great to hear they replaced the pistol that was not working . But I think
it was Springfield Customer service and warranty repair on a stock pistol
that took care of you . They deserve the praise . SACS only deals with
custom pistols not warranty work or repairs . Glad to hear it worked out
in the end .
Old 03-27-2020, 10:28 PM

Yes I did get it back from Springfield Armory Customer Service and warranty repair but the replacement was verified by warranty repair and the custom shop for verification of function and fitment but that’s a technicality but does anyone suggest a good pound recoil spring for full size 1911 because the action is very slow to my two commanders I have in 45 and 9mm I am thinking 15lb Wilson combat chrome sil spring but would love to hear anyone’s suggestions
Old 03-28-2020, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Yes I did get it back from Springfield Armory Customer Service and warranty repair but the replacement was verified by warranty repair and the custom shop for verification of function and fitment but that’s a technicality but does anyone suggest a good pound recoil spring for full size 1911 because the action is very slow to my two commanders I have in 45 and 9mm I am thinking 15lb Wilson combat chrome sil spring but would love to hear anyone’s suggestions
Wow. All that in one sentence. Amazing.
Old 03-28-2020, 01:12 PM

Quote:
You, sir, are THE run-on sentence king.