Wilson Combat does Sig P320 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 02-04-2020, 06:52 PM

Wilson Combat does Sig P320

WC recently launched their MUCH TEASED foray into the Sig P320: grip modules! Currently only offered in full size and Carry models.
When I initially saw them I thought it was “just another” melted factory grip module like the Myriad of ones that litter InstaFace.
Wow! Was I wrong! This is a TOTALLY new design and you can tell, like with everything else, wilson combat does NOT [email protected]$$ projects! This module takes all of the benefits of the X Carry module and improves upon them.
The factory grip modules are basically flat sided. The WC unit has a slight palm swell as well as thumb grooves for the magazine catch.
They NAILED the ergos on this!

Now, WCR; If you are listening: PLEASE release a COMPACT version!

Also while you’re at it..... I think the P365 could deserve this treatment!

I’m already prepared to get my slide machined with XTac stuff! Oh! And how about WC Barrels!?

Old 02-04-2020, 09:38 PM

That's really nice, I may end up with a 2nd 320 if they shoot well in person
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland
Old 02-04-2020, 09:50 PM

I saw those and thought, hmm maybe I should buy a p320 so I could use one!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2020, 02:31 PM

So what you’re saying is that if I have an X-Carry (version 1) this is a good investment? =)
NRA Patriot Life Endowment - 11/21/17
Old 02-05-2020, 04:26 PM

Hmmmm...... interesting. I have a 320 that's been shot exactly once for maybe 4 or 5 mags. Totally underwhelmed with it.
Old 02-05-2020, 07:51 PM

I will be ordering one soon. Apparently (and the OP can respond) there are three slots inside for tungsten weights which WC will be releasing soon. I will just wait to order all at once. Plus, I have a new STI and re-done AR to play with anyway (and zero time to do so....). I have been waiting for WC to do this for about 8 months after first hearing of them delving into P320s. No doubt more to come!

What do you think of the magwell? I can tell you that on my several P320s with the Sig-brand funnel it is AMAZING and allows for super-fast reloads with a minimal footprint. Sig nailed it - how is Wilson’s integrated one?

Thanks!
Old 02-05-2020, 07:52 PM

The magwell is the highlight

And yes. There are channels for weights
Old 02-05-2020, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidS View Post

What makes it the “highlight”? If you can post some pics of different angles that would be appreciated!
Old 02-05-2020, 09:27 PM

Tactile Feel?

How does the Wilson grip feel in comparison to the OEM version in regards to polymer quality?
Old 02-05-2020, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ytown1911 View Post
What makes it the “highlight”? If you can post some pics of different angles that would be appreciated!

Hopefully this shows how it flares

Old 02-06-2020, 07:42 AM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSOtto View Post
Hmmmm...... interesting. I have a 320 that's been shot exactly once for maybe 4 or 5 mags. Totally underwhelmed with it.
That's too bad. It is a rocking pistol.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:42 AM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by arete View Post
How does the Wilson grip feel in comparison to the OEM version in regards to polymer quality?
It is solid.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:43 AM
Adminstrator

Quote:

But no weights....yet.....ARGH!!! Come on WC!
Old 02-06-2020, 07:45 AM
Adminstrator

Quote:
WC recently launched their MUCH TEASED foray into the Sig P320: grip modules! Currently only offered in full size and Carry models.
When I initially saw them I thought it was “just another” melted factory grip module like the Myriad of ones that litter InstaFace.
Wow! Was I wrong! This is a TOTALLY new design and you can tell, like with everything else, wilson combat does NOT [email protected]$$ projects! This module takes all of the benefits of the X Carry module and improves upon them.
The factory grip modules are basically flat sided. The WC unit has a slight palm swell as well as thumb grooves for the magazine catch.
They NAILED the ergos on this!

Now, WCR; If you are listening: PLEASE release a COMPACT version!

Also while you’re at it..... I think the P365 could deserve this treatment!

I’m already prepared to get my slide machined with XTac stuff! Oh! And how about WC Barrels!?

Totally agree (save for the bit about the barrels - SIG barrels are outstanding). I installed mine yesterday on a Carry RX, WOW. Very very nice....great job WC! Now....I know tungsten is a hard one to come by, but...please get those weights out there ASAP! Before 2021 please...

Last edited by LW McVay; 02-06-2020 at 12:11 PM.
Old 02-06-2020, 09:16 AM

My guns have to not only function 100%, they have to look nice. I don't find Sig's aethetically appealing whatsoever. Therefore I have never even considered one, despite nice reviews.

I must say these WC frames look so much better than Sig's frames. I think WC under-priced these. These shoud be priced at $99.99.
Old 02-06-2020, 09:17 AM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjpaxton View Post
My guns have to not only function 100%, they have to look nice. I don't find Sig's aethetically appealing whatsoever. Therefore I have never even considered one, despite nice reviews.

I must say these WC frames look so much better than Sig's frames. I think WC under-priced these. These shoud be priced at $99.99.
Feel free to donate some extra money to WC at any time.
Old 02-06-2020, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW McVay View Post
Over the past 4 years, I've spent over $30,000 on WC pistols, apparel, accessories etc. I've already given my fair share.

These are a no-brainer upgrade for anyone with a Sig P320. WC will sell just as many at a $99.00 price-point as they will at the current $65.00 price-point.
Old 02-06-2020, 09:33 AM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjpaxton View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LW McVay View Post
Over the past 4 years, I've spent over $30,000 on WC pistols, apparel, accessories etc. I've already given my fair share.

These are a no-brainer upgrade for anyone with a Sig P320. WC will sell just as many at a $99.00 price-point as they will at the current $65.00 price-point.
Awesome bro. Keep on donating. Donate one to me while you are at it. PM and I'll give you my wish list.
Old 02-06-2020, 10:43 AM

Per a conversation with Wilson yesterday, the weights are coming within a week or two. Which, from past experience, means about a month or two typically. Maybe we shall be surprised
Old 02-06-2020, 10:59 AM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ytown1911 View Post
Per a conversation with Wilson yesterday, the weights are coming within a week or two. Which, from past experience, means about a month or two typically. Maybe we shall be surprised [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.1911forum.com/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
That is vastly different than what they told me....but, I hope you are right!
Old 02-06-2020, 12:15 PM

That looks nice. I have to say that even though i have XL glove size hands, I don't care for the 320 grip in M in either the std or X style. I do like my X-carry Small grip though.
The Wilson seems to be smaller than the stock M so may have to invest.
Old 02-06-2020, 12:17 PM
Adminstrator

It is definitely smaller than the stock "M" size.
Old 02-06-2020, 06:07 PM

My buddy just pick one up for his sig carry and shot it today. He absolutely loves it. He said it’s not going to put rounds in the bullseye for him but it sure feels great and improves is accuracy. He also mentioned that it reminds him of how my edc x9 feels in the hands.
Old 02-06-2020, 08:05 PM

I was wondering on sizing. I recently tried out the X5 Legion and found that it's a little too large for me and the edge of the beaver tail catches my thumb in a bad spot.
Old 02-07-2020, 04:05 PM

There are supposed to be THREE channels for weights. Are they all in the rear? Or are they in other parts of the frame/spread out?