22 TCM.....hot dam - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise


Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-17-2020, 07:09 AM
WaterDR WaterDR is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,490
22 TCM.....hot dam

If ya haven’t fired this round ...do it! Wow. So much fun.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-17-2020, 07:20 AM
rjinaz85308 rjinaz85308 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chino Valley,AZ
Posts: 2,894
just traded into one, but haven't had a chance to get out and shoot it yet. Looking forward to it.
__________________
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American GI.
One died for your soul; the other for your freedom..

We should be thankful to both
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-17-2020, 08:17 AM
markwell markwell is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the Alleghenies, wv
Age: 73
Posts: 739
Can you say fire breathing dragon? And loud also!!! How would you like to shoot the 22TCM in your car?
__________________
NRA Life
USPSA CL58
IDPA A00556
People need to be periodically reminded that guns are just tools and that their resale value is your children's problem.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 01-17-2020, 02:12 PM
WaterDR WaterDR is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,490
There is really no logical reason for this round. Wouldn’t use it for SD. Maybe shooting rodents.

But it’s fun as hell!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-18-2020, 05:43 AM
scubadad scubadad is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterDR View Post
There is really no logical reason for this round. Wouldnít use it for SD. Maybe shooting rodents.

But itís fun as hell!
Fun as hell sounds like a logical reason to me
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-18-2020, 03:49 PM
Johnny handgun's Avatar
Johnny handgun Johnny handgun is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: D.M. IA
Age: 61
Posts: 7,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadad View Post
Fun as hell sounds like a logical reason to me
Exactly! Isnít that what itís all about?
__________________
Meet me, Jesus, meet me in the middle of the air, if my wings should fail me, Lord, please meet me with another pair, so I can die easy. *WWG1WGA*
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-19-2020, 10:14 AM
oO_Rogue_Oo oO_Rogue_Oo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterDR View Post
There is really no logical reason for this round. Wouldnít use it for SD. Maybe shooting rodents.

But itís fun as hell!
While I agree I wouldn't use it for SD the major reason for that is how loud it is. Shooting it without hearing protection will almost certainly cause hearing loss. On the other hand with the right loads it does a great job of defeating most soft body armor.
__________________
"The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."
Thucydides circa 460 bc - c. 400 bc
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-26-2020, 07:42 PM
BillGannon BillGannon is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: MN
Posts: 5
Are you running the nickel plated cartridges through it?Any ejection issues?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-04-2020, 04:19 PM
Dr.Lou Dr.Lou is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: USA/Philippines
Posts: 1,061
The TCM is definitely a BLAST! Guaranteed not too make many friends at indoor ranges. Although not originally intended as a SD defense round, many use it for such and many ballistics test show respectable penetration using the factory 40 grain bullets. Moreover, 99% of all shooting consists of range/target and small critter shooting, which is where the TCM excels.
__________________
Armscor Global Defense, Inc
Vice President
NRA Benefactor-Life Member
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-06-2020, 07:38 PM
DubfromGa DubfromGa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Georgia
Age: 51
Posts: 3,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterDR View Post
There is really no logical reason for this round. Wouldnít use it for SD. Maybe shooting rodents.

But itís fun as hell!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadad View Post
Fun as hell sounds like a logical reason to me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny handgun View Post
Exactly! Isnít that what itís all about?








Each are very valid points and pretty much were my thought process at 19 years old.....and still are to this day.


Lord willing, I'm hoping it stays that way !!
__________________
Proud to be a Deplorable.....
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-09-2020, 10:17 AM
WaterDR WaterDR is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillGannon View Post
Are you running the nickel plated cartridges through it?Any ejection issues?
No issues at all so far.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-08-2020, 10:50 AM
AZ Gunrunner AZ Gunrunner is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Between Boulder and Denver
Posts: 84
BOOM Baby
Attached Thumbnails
20170507_111718_1583682380212.jpg   20170507_111741_1583682597556.jpg  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 PM.


NOTICE TO USERS OF THIS SITE: By continuing to use this site, you certify that you have read and agree to abide by the Legal Terms of Use. All information, data, text or other materials ("Content") posted to this site by any users are the sole responsibility of those users. 1911Forum does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such Content.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2015 1911Forum.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved