Just wondering....JimF4M1s passing - Page 2 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-03-2020, 07:41 PM

Jim was a very helpful person on this forum. He will be dearly missed.

RIP Mr. Jim, you are a Patriot. God Bless you and your family.
Old 01-03-2020, 07:59 PM

Just now seeing this thread, and even though it comes as no surprise, it still hits really hard with much sadness.

My PM box is perpetually overflowing, but I refuse to delete any of the PMs Jim shared with me. From the last one, his passing comes as no surprise; but I had nonetheless been hoping and praying for a health/medical miracle to visit Jim.

Jim was special, really special. Incredible class, obvious from every shared communication. I only wish I could have met him in person, but am honored by the good fortune to have met him via our Forum.

"Freedom is only a temporary thing unless it is backed by the blunt capability and willingness to fight back against evil with sufficient arms." -- Myself
Old 01-03-2020, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

As promised ealier

I will share a story with all of you, although not Ed Brown related, I think Ed Brown rep would approve and understand it is about our friend Jim and not about maker.

Several years ago, a fellow forum member suffered a family traumatic event, and had to cancel a "dream gun" order from one of the other semi-custom makers. I organized a special charitable project, as that member was a well regarded and well liked member of our community here, and Jim was the largest contributor other than myself to fund that build of the "dream gun" for that special member. That member still carries and cherishes that gun today as a "Heaven sent" blessing of friendship and brotherhood to this day - this was not an abnormal sign of respect and generosity from Jim at all. I am humbled by the friendship and brotherhood that both of them shared with me. You could not meet and be friends with nicer folks.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 01-03-2020, 08:58 PM

Oh wow. What a bummer.
He was a nice man. I like many here sent him PMs asking and talking and he always obliged.
Bought some mammoth grips from him a few years ago. Wish I still had them now.

In addition to naming the EB forum in his memory I think some of his grip and pic threads should be made stickies.
Don’t let them like him be forgotten. Move them to the top and ‘never forget’.

RIP warrior...
COTEP#782

Last edited by 7.62Kolectr; 01-03-2020 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-03-2020, 09:08 PM

Jim was one of the members here that I always made sure to read their posts no matter the subject. His knowledge will certainly be missed and remembered.

NRA Patron Life Member
Old 01-04-2020, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nod View Post
I am posting these pictures in Jim's memory. His 1911 / grip combination are the finest I have ever seen. Rest in peace Jim.
I agree nod, Jim put together some pretty fine pistols - the one you posted is a prime example.

As a retired career USN Sailor, I was bias toward Jimís ACU-1 pistol, it was indeed my favorite. I donít know for certain if that was Jimís favorite, but I know it meant allot to him from a sentimental perspective. Jim was very proud of his USN service, especially the Brown Water Navy and his shipmates during his tours in Vietnam.

I recall from one of our previous exchanges a couple years ago, that Jim was going to gift his ACU-1 pistol to Steve, one of his Brothers-In-Arms, with whom he remained in contact with since their first patrol together. They would visit one another on occasion and would vacation together with their families every couple of years. I donít know for certain if Jim was able to follow through with gifting his pistol to Steve, but I hope he did, because it wouldíve been befitting for his fellow Warrior to enjoy such a fine tribute to their service.
Attached Thumbnails
C5B5A7D6-CCFA-4A51-BB3E-518D4ED714FA.jpeg   1CB2812E-FC5C-4EDF-A604-EB999A7E9E91.jpeg   8B8002C6-4D5F-42C0-9481-B08A12C27484.jpeg  
Old 01-05-2020, 08:20 PM

Blessings upon him.
Old 01-05-2020, 09:03 PM

Just saw this, Jim did indeed pass away, on November 16, 2019, with his wife and adopted son at his side. Jim and I honed a pretty keen friendship over the last few years communicating through email and phone calls occasionally. I last spoke with him in September and we were pretty sure it'd be the last time we talk. he was a special guy to anyone who encountered him. RIP, Jim, until we meet again....
Old 01-06-2020, 07:59 AM

I always respected Jim. At first I thought he'd been a fighter pilot because the F4, in his username, was an Air Force and Navy fighter serving during and a bit after Vietnam. But then I found out he was a combat river boat skipper and I thought that was pretty cool too. You could get a sense of Jim's personality through his posts. He was a force to be reckoned with, but had a big heart.

IMHO, Jim had the nicest 1911s on the Forum. I never tired of the photos he posted of his guns and in fact I would search through them when wanting to see how to do something esthetically perfect on a 1911. He loved it when one time I described his Colt 10mm Delta Elite as Richard Heinie's submission for Pistolsmith of the Century. He PMed me a few times concerning various issues, and like a couple others, I won't ever delete them. Rest in peace Jim...
Old 01-06-2020, 09:38 PM

Jim was the reason I purchased 2 Ed Brown's, his pictures is what got me interested in them. I also was able to ask him questions about Wilson, EB's, grips and reloading through the private message. He was very helpful to a newbie like myself at the time.
Old 01-08-2020, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
Before I bought my Ed Brown pistols I read a whole lot of posts that Jim had on the forum. He was a great influence to me with the details he brought to the forum about Ed Brown Products.

This forum is filled with great people. Although I don't know everyone here, I have been on here long enough that it seems like I know a bunch of you. Kind of like a second family.

Jim will be missed, but I am thankful that his posts filled with great information will live on.
Same for me, Jimís guidance was extremely helpful in purchasing my 1st EB. Rest In Peace Jim. Thank you for your Service.
Old 01-25-2020, 08:02 PM

Shocked and saddened

I haven't been on the forum in a while and wow, I was so saddened to learn of Jim's passing. We have surely lost a great man. My prayers go out to his family.

PastorDW,
Old 04-21-2020, 12:19 PM

I also have not been around of late. Jim was indeed a fine gentleman and a fountain of knowledge. He was an incredible "value add" contributor to many threads. As a fellow Shipmate he will be missed but not forgotten. A true Patriot to the end.

"Take the wheel Lord
and sail us into
Tomorrow,

for wherever a Captain goes,
his crew must follow,
after all is said and done,

the true Treasure is those who
wait at Home"

The pain and fight is over Jim. Rest in peace brother.

Adamg247
US Navy (Ret), Oath Keeper.
"United States Navy - "The Sea is Ours"