Protector with RMR discussion - Page 2 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 11-12-2019, 03:08 PM

WC just called me today to tell me they had finished my X9 and I should be receiving it this Friday.

He took a photo of it for me, they had the RSO red dot instead of the RMR but he said that would not take but a minute to fix and it would still go out on time.

He also said no one should have one like it for the way we did the bottom section finish was a first, kept it looking aluminum in color. He helped me with that part for it wasn't a color choice but he figure it out.

My early Christmas present to myself, ha.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1340.jpg  
Bob Curry-- Roll Tide-WC Stainless Protector with Trijicon RMR type2; WC Stainless Sentinel 9mm; WC Stainless EDC X9 with Trijicon RMR type2; WC EDC X9S with RMR. Ruger Mark IV 22 cal Hunter; Bond Arms Derringer 45 cal; Berretta P4 Storm 40 cal. A couple others.
Old 11-15-2019, 11:42 PM

Here is mine
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0638.JPG  
Old 11-16-2019, 05:34 AM

Bob.....did you receive it yet? Range report?.....Jerry
Old 11-16-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry1834 View Post
Thought it would arrive today but haven't heard from my gun shop yet. Going next week to zero the site and start breaking her in, can't wait!

ozz007
That is sharp!
Bob Curry-- Roll Tide-WC Stainless Protector with Trijicon RMR type2; WC Stainless Sentinel 9mm; WC Stainless EDC X9 with Trijicon RMR type2; WC EDC X9S with RMR. Ruger Mark IV 22 cal Hunter; Bond Arms Derringer 45 cal; Berretta P4 Storm 40 cal. A couple others.
Old 11-16-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currybob View Post
WC just called me today to tell me they had finished my X9 and I should be receiving it this Friday.

He took a photo of it for me, they had the RSO red dot instead of the RMR but he said that would not take but a minute to fix and it would still go out on time.

He also said no one should have one like it for the way we did the bottom section finish was a first, kept it looking aluminum in color. He helped me with that part for it wasn't a color choice but he figure it out.

My early Christmas present to myself, ha.
Super cool! That will be great with an RMR on top
Old 11-16-2019, 10:21 PM

Bob, just recheck the zero, they will zero the RMR and iron sights for you.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:22 PM

Mine came with 2 targets, one for RMR and one for Irons, sighted in at 15 yards.
Old 11-18-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry1834 View Post
Well, she arrived today and am I a happy fellow!

I cannot get over this grip for a double stack. Feels the best in my hands of any of my other hand guns and 2 of them are WCs. I can tell this will now be my favorite of all of them and has 18 round mags, life is good.

Headed to the range in a few days to start the break in process.

ozz007
Ok, I had plan to do that for sure. I ordered mine with the tall tritium sight but have already removed that, didn't like it, was too much in my line of site of the red dot. Ordered the short stubby cover sight so it will be out of my line of sight.

This thing sure is beautiful to me!
Attached Thumbnails
20191118_163035.jpg   20191118_163100.jpg   20191118_163137.jpg  
Old 11-18-2019, 08:01 PM

That looks nice, If they ever offer NP3+ i will get mine done on that finish in a hearth beat.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozz007 View Post
That looks nice, If they ever offer NP3+ i will get mine done on that finish in a hearth beat.
What is an NP3+?

This is a photo of the 40th anniversary model EDC X9 that they had in the set and why I could not originally order it with the silver bottom (guess they don't want it copied). I was however able to order it with an AR color of silver with a little black rubbed in. The guy I was dealing with from WC said he would tell them not to add the black accents to the silver and just leave it all silver. Made me a happy camper for I didn't want gray or any of the other color choices listed under the X9 options. It's not like I was trying to copy it and mine does look different because of the grips and gold lettering.

I played more with the X9 last night and I am still really taken by how good this feels in my hands.

The grips and the checkering really stick to you hands and yet are super comfortable. It feels more secure and tight while aiming. My Red Dot is not moving much at all while aiming.

The shape of the grip, while slightly thicker is not as deep so it feels like it actually takes up the same volume as my 9mm Sentinel but feels way better.

I just cannot say enough how great it feels.
Attached Thumbnails
Wilson-Combat-EDC-X-600x513.png  

Last edited by Currybob; 11-19-2019 at 09:45 AM.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currybob View Post
What is an NP3+?

This is a photo of the 40th anniversary model EDC X9 that they had in the set and why I could not originally order it with the silver bottom (guess they don't want it copied). I was however able to order it with an AR color of silver with a little black rubbed in. The guy I was dealing with from WC said he would tell them not to add the black accents to the silver and just leave it all silver. Made me a happy camper for I didn't want gray or any of the other color choices listed under the X9 options. It's not like I was trying to copy it and mine does look different because of the grips and gold lettering.

I played more with the X9 last night and I am still really taken by how good this feels in my hands.

The grips and the checkering really stick to you hands and yet are super comfortable. It feels more secure and tight while aiming. My Red Dot is not moving much at all while aiming.

The shape of the grip, while slightly thicker is not as deep so it feels like it actually takes up the same volume as my 9mm Sentinel but feels way better.

I just cannot say enough how great it feels.

I wish they would offer something along the lines of the anniversary model minus the gold lettering and grips. I like how yours turned out and might call and talk with them about something along those lines after the holidays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pray for our Soldiers as you pass that Church...
Proud Father of a medically retired Cav Trooper...
Old 11-19-2019, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I wish they would offer something along the lines of the anniversary model minus the gold lettering and grips. I like how yours turned out and might call and talk with them about something along those lines after the holidays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I agree and why I was so happy Jason Townsend worked it out for me. He said he has not seen one like mine go out and he has seen most of them. I imagine you will need to talk to him to achieve what you want. The first guy I dealt with was no help. I was glad I called back and got Jason the next time.

Good luck!

Last edited by Currybob; 11-20-2019 at 05:43 AM.
Old 11-19-2019, 12:49 PM

20% off for vets? Really? Didn't know that. Do you get that even if you order through a dealer? Unfortunately, I already have 3 Wilson handguns and an AR and that is probably it for me. All ordered without the discount, not knowing about
Old 11-19-2019, 02:59 PM

From Wilson site (as of 19 Nov 19):

To honor the sacrifices of our Military and Law Enforcement Wilson Combat offers the following

Up to 20% off retail price to all active and fully retired US Military and Law Enforcement on Wilson Combat products except: Custom work, labor, shipping, non-Wilson items (NW part #’s), sale items, or ammunition. Other exclusions apply, please contact Customer Service for all eligible items

Retired is defined as someone with “retired” identification or is fully medical retired due to a service-related disability.

Contact us to verify your eligibility.

Please keep in mind, it can take 24 – 48 hours for your online account to show the MIL/LEO pricing structure.

It is the responsibility of the consumer to make us aware of your service for discounts to apply. Discounts will begin after your account is set up with LE/MIL pricing structure. We can not offer price protection, retroactive pricing or refunds on previous purchases.
NRA Patriot Life Endowment - 11/21/17
Old 11-19-2019, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko View Post
20% off for vets? Really? Didn't know that. Do you get that even if you order through a dealer? Unfortunately, I already have 3 Wilson handguns and an AR and that is probably it for me. All ordered without the discount, not knowing about
As you can see above but only good if ordering from Wilson Combat not from your gun shop.

Last edited by Currybob; 11-20-2019 at 05:44 AM.
Old 11-19-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab4Us View Post
From Wilson site (as of 19 Nov 19):

To honor the sacrifices of our Military and Law Enforcement Wilson Combat offers the following

Up to 20% off retail price to all active and fully retired US Military and Law Enforcement on Wilson Combat products except: Custom work, labor, shipping, non-Wilson items (NW part #’s), sale items, or ammunition. Other exclusions apply, please contact Customer Service for all eligible items

Retired is defined as someone with “retired” identification or is fully medical retired due to a service-related disability.

Contact us to verify your eligibility.

Please keep in mind, it can take 24 – 48 hours for your online account to show the MIL/LEO pricing structure.

It is the responsibility of the consumer to make us aware of your service for discounts to apply. Discounts will begin after your account is set up with LE/MIL pricing structure. We can not offer price protection, retroactive pricing or refunds on previous purchases.
They must have stepped it up. In 2016 WC offered 10% off the based pistol and all additional work was full price.
Old 11-21-2019, 06:13 PM

Range report!

Took my new baby out today and put around 500 rds through her to get the break-in all done and did a deep cleaning.

All I can say is OMG!! This weapon with a RMR site is a dream and I am very very happy with it!

RMR was dead on, no adjustment needed. Was also very nice not having to change the mags every 7 or 8 rounds, 17 rounds per mag.

First one is 10 or 12 yards at an indoor range. Second was just over 15 yards with some faster rounds and playing a little bit with the grip.
Attached Thumbnails
20191121_131019.jpg   20191121_132807.jpg  
Old 11-21-2019, 07:03 PM

Here is the link below that explains the NP3+ finish

https://robarcompanies.com/custom-firearm-finishes/np3/

and the NP3+

https://robarcompanies.com/custom-fi...shes/np3-plus/

Last edited by ozz007; 11-21-2019 at 07:06 PM.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:15 PM

I just found out WC is a distributor for coating technologies, which they offer NP3+
But when I asked WC, CS they told me they don't offer it.

http://coatingtechnologiesllc.com/approved-vendor-list/
Old 11-21-2019, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozz007 View Post
Wow, that is pretty impressive! Can you not just order a WC and send it to be coated?