1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 10-08-2019, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye fan View Post
Aaron Cowan of Sage Dynamics review of the Staccato P DOU.

https://youtu.be/bhYaybIe0Z8
Watched that too. Good neutral review, especially since he isn’t a fan of the platform. I like most of his reviews, though
Old 10-09-2019, 04:29 AM

I like watching his reviews, he mentioned the same thing I said about the DUO plate system, they're too thick.
Old 10-23-2019, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRope View Post
I like watching his reviews, he mentioned the same thing I said about the DUO plate system, they're too thick.
Didn't he say at one point that there are thinner options? Anyone know anything about that?
Old 10-23-2019, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by efpeter View Post
Didn't he say at one point that there are thinner options? Anyone know anything about that?
I called STI, they said call Dawson, Dawson LOL’D

No smaller plates.
Old 10-23-2019, 10:03 PM

I get to hold, maybe shoot a Staccato P on Friday (weather permitting)

Old 10-24-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post

Nice.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:14 PM

If I understand the video I watched about mounting red dot sights on the gun, the replacement plate for mounting the Trijicon sight has iron rear sights attached, while no replacement plate is required for the Leopold (which I am getting). This means that I need to buy Leopold's pricey rear iron sight that attaches to their red dot. Odd.

Don't trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz. He WILL rip you off.
All my 1911s are in .45acp. Why? Because no one makes one in .46cal.--Me
The 9mm is a SD cartridge fit only for women and Europeans--Me
Old 10-24-2019, 09:15 PM

Quote:

Will it be in God's Caliber?

Don't trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz. He WILL rip you off.
All my 1911s are in .45acp. Why? Because no one makes one in .46cal.--Me
The 9mm is a SD cartridge fit only for women and Europeans--Me
Old 10-24-2019, 10:07 PM

sorry to disappoint.

I already own an 11 shot in God's caliber.

I want to get an ACW in God's caliber as my 30 year gift to me.

I am intrigued with this piece (Staccato P) but I will not just buy it until I hold one, possibly shoot it and say yes to myself.

I along with another supervisor was the driving force to switch from .45 to 9mm but to avoid thread drift, I wont go into that info. I can carry what I want (within dept regs) and if I dont get a Staccato P in 9mm, it will be my MCOP or LTT in a level 3 duty rig.

these are my current "Staccato P's"

Old 10-25-2019, 12:24 PM

I like it with a few minor issues that I hope could be worked out. I wont get to shoot it for a few weeks.

the undercut of the trigger guard point is in the wrong place for my finger. I know I could easily grind that flat.

The other issue is the magwell digs into my palm heel. I wonder if they make a thinner magwell or just remove.

Other than that.... it feels good and naturally points for me.

I want to shoot before I commit.

Old 10-25-2019, 03:59 PM

Quote:

The other issue is the magwell digs into my palm heel. I wonder if they make a thinner magwell or just remove.
I think that tactical slim is the smallest mag-well. I was taking them off all my STI's and STI was nice enough to send me shorter MSH pins, but I finally started liking them because the provided some support at the heal of my hand and made for a more consistent high grip.

My only other gripes are the thumb safety is uncomfortable and starts to make my thumb web sore. That and working the thumb safety weak hand always pinches me. Last is the same with all my STI's, I wish they would make the trigger housing longer so I could get off the trigger smoother.
Old 10-25-2019, 04:20 PM

I think EVERY STI has an uncomfortable thumb safety and hurts the web of people’s hands LOL. It is experienced by just about every person I know and by web-reviewers, too.

Exception - my Combat Master. I have put hundreds of rounds down-range in a session with no pain/uncomfort. The key - a better, more rounded finish on the parts. It’s obvious upon visual inspection
Old 10-25-2019, 05:50 PM

One of the guys I follow on Instagram went this path with his Staccato P to make it more concealable for EDC use.

Old 10-25-2019, 08:34 PM

Before I held and seen the Staccato P in person.... I was not a fan of the tree bark stippling. Looks are deceiving because it feel pretty good.

Decent grip but not aggressive.

I wonder if I could order one without the pointed undercut?

and I would need a longer undercut. I could easily do it but I would rather it be done from the factory already if buying new. One size fits all....

Old 10-25-2019, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast eddie View Post
I ordered some that only fit the gen 2's. Hopefully some progress there. Thanks. In the mean time, I will keep shooting.
So I keep shooting this pistol, no joy. I buy about 600 rds of browning 9mm 124 grn 1140 fps muzzle velocity. So I am about 450 rds total or so and I think to my self "I am getting near 500 rds, I am going to have to send this thing back. Shoot 1 x 20 rd mag and low and behold at the end of the second 20 rd mag, the slide locks to the rear. Amazing, it locks now with all 4 mags. Thanks for the insight gents.
Old 10-25-2019, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ytown1911 View Post
I think EVERY STI has an uncomfortable thumb safety and hurts the web of people’s hands LOL. It is experienced by just about every person I know and by web-reviewers, too.

Exception - my Combat Master. I have put hundreds of rounds down-range in a session with no pain/uncomfort. The key - a better, more rounded finish on the parts. It’s obvious upon visual inspection
Mine pinches the base of my off hand trigger finger when I thumb the ambi safety.
Old 10-25-2019, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast eddie View Post
So I keep shooting this pistol, no joy. I buy about 600 rds of browning 9mm 124 grn 1140 fps muzzle velocity. So I am about 450 rds total or so and I think to my self "I am getting near 500 rds, I am going to have to send this thing back. Shoot 1 x 20 rd mag and low and behold at the end of the second 20 rd mag, the slide locks to the rear. Amazing, it locks now with all 4 mags. Thanks for the insight gents.
Fast Eddie,

I had the opposite problem as you. My slide Locked back consistently for the first 1000 rounds, then quit. I inspected the slide sop and noticed it developed a divot where it contacted the detent pin. I smoothed out and elongated the divot and that fixed it.
Old 10-30-2019, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye fan View Post
Aaron Cowan of Sage Dynamics review of the Staccato P DOU.

https://youtu.be/bhYaybIe0Z8

Les Bower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-2019, 01:44 PM

Here is a good review of the Staccato P DUO (he has several episodes on the non DUO Staccato P as well). It addresses the thickness of the optic plate when using the RMR. In the comments under the video he states that the thinner plate will be a rolling change and hinted at a low cost replacement program from the factory. Apparently he shoots for STI.

I don't personally have an issue with the plate thickness, it is probably an individual thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVAp5aHSPhA

You DON"T need to buy an extra rear sight if you mount a Delta Point Pro, an extra rear sight is included with the gun that attaches to the DPP.

I like RMRs and I have on on a CZ, but I use the Holosun 507C on my Staccato P DUO because I like the circle/dot reticle better (its similar to EOTech) it is easier for me to pick up. It uses the RMR footprint and the exact same RMR mounting hardware that comes with the gun.

I can't say how much I like the Staccato P DUO. I have 7 Gen 2 mags and they all work without a hitch so far.
Old 11-27-2019, 07:59 PM

Finally got to shoot the treebark grip Staccato P. While the pistol shot good.... I did run into a snag with it.

The thumb safety dug into my thumb/web area causing discomfort. I removed the lever and gripped it HARD.....no pain. Its the thumb safety and you can see the indention left on my hand.

I would need a thumb safety with smooth blending like my MCOP.

Old 11-28-2019, 05:24 AM

STI 2011 thumb safety......

Quote:
I think EVERY STI has an uncomfortable thumb safety and hurts the web of people’s hands LOL.
When a person owns any blued firearm with a blued thumb safety that hurts their hand, it is relatively simple to modify the thumb safety then use Perma Blue paste to restore the blued finish.

Since I build my STI 2011 guns, I always modify the grip frame around the lower trigger guard to conform to my grip, and always modify the thumb paddle to allow a better contour to rest my strong had thumb when shooting.....I like a slightly wider thumb safety paddle, but not too wide.....
Old 11-28-2019, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwehavinfunyet View Post
When a person owns any blued firearm with a blued thumb safety that hurts their hand, it is relatively simple to modify the thumb safety then use Perma Blue paste to restore the blued finish.

Since I build my STI 2011 guns, I always modify the grip frame around the lower trigger guard to conform to my grip, and always modify the thumb paddle to allow a better contour to rest my strong had thumb when shooting.....I like a slightly wider thumb safety paddle, but not too wide.....
Since the STI I am interested in is DLC...

can the blended part(s) be re- "DLCed"?

if so, will STI perform that service or will I need to find another source?

who provides this service for STI?

TIA
Old 11-28-2019, 12:13 PM

STI used to send off all their parts. They now do all their DLC in house.
Old 11-28-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartian View Post
STI used to send off all their parts. They now do all their DLC in house.
thanks for the info
Old 11-28-2019, 03:56 PM

As mentioned earlier the CM is more smoothed out and a little wider, wonder if you could talk STI into selling a set?
Attached Thumbnails
STIThumbsafety.jpg