Where do you guys find these? Or are you jumping in blindly ordering them? - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 09-30-2019, 11:34 PM

Where do you guys find these? Or are you jumping in blindly ordering them?

I've tried every local place, nobody has or apparently has ever had one of the 2011 guns. So are you guys just jumping head first into these things and ordering one sight unseen or are you finding them someplace and at least handling them if you can't shoot one?
Old 10-01-2019, 04:57 AM

Iíve never seen one at a gun store. But this weekend Iím going to attend an STI Range Day and see and shoot them before ordering.

Iím sure you could look on the website and find dealers in your area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2019, 05:27 AM

You need to find one of their dealers. I don't know where the OP is in Pa, but Pro-Ordnance in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio is a dealer and has some.

Don't trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz. He WILL rip you off.
All my 1911s are in .45acp. Why? Because no one makes one in .46cal.--Me
The 9mm is a SD cartridge fit only for women and Europeans--Me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2019, 05:32 AM

baltimores best pawn shop has them and Dan is a Great Guy goes by BBP1 here.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:10 AM
More Cowbell...

You might find an occasional STI at a shop, but not often.

Most of the time people exactly what they want and just order them.

Or, have them built up.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:50 AM

I bought mine from Richard Heinie (custom built and someone backed out of the deal) and trusted his word that they were a quality product. This was back in 95-96. Proved to be sage advice.
Old 10-01-2019, 10:40 AM

My local dealer usually has a dozen or so when I stop by. I'm not a fan of ordering something I haven't seen.
I've found that you have to go look because STI turns out a lot of guns they don't advertise, seems every time I go I see something different that's not it their catalog.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:06 AM

From what I gather, a lot of 2011s are ordered from companies that have good reputations for their build quality, like Infinity, Atlas Gunworks and a bunch of others. When you get your gun from them, if anything isn't right, they'll make it right.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:31 AM

From my perspective, the STI/SVI product got its foothold in competition shooting and demonstrated its usefulness in that arena. It was much later that they ventured out into more of a standard production product and if I remember correctly the ownership has change twice since then. They are not a large gun company.
Old 10-01-2019, 01:54 PM

Iím a STI collector and believe me I have a few.

There are dealers near me that carry STIís but I rarely buy local as itís just not economically feasible. I also often buy used guns. STI has an outstanding lifetime warranty wether youíre the 1st or 10th owner. They also cover shipping both ways.

Now Iím intimately familiar with the 2011 platform and STI as a company do Iím quite comfortable ordering sight unseen.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:48 PM

I would like to try one, I've never been comfortable just ordering something before though. We finally got one of those ranges y'all always talk about last year where you can shoot guns before you buy them. Now the first thing I want to try shooting isn't available. I've been getting back into the shooting for fun thing lately the last few years since i've started feeling better and I've ended up shooting mostly glocks on the 2 gun type thing. These things seem very interesting but it's a lot of money to throw on just a thought.

Last edited by B-Rad; 10-01-2019 at 02:53 PM.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Rohrer View Post
You need to find one of their dealers. I don't know where the OP is in Pa, but Pro-Ordnance in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio is a dealer and has some.
SW corner, about 10 mins North of WV. On another note the town you've got listed as location is where we drove out to get my one dog.
Old 10-01-2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Rohrer View Post
Kevin, Went to the STI Event (9/21) at Pro Armament in Cuyahoga Falls. I know they didn’t have any Staccato Ps in stock, because I had to order one. They do get them quickly though, I don’t know what they have in inventory. Buy people have had success dealing with them. I think they are a preferred dealer. They have a great selection of guns if you in the area.

This is the first gun I’ve had the opportunity to shoot first. Seems like every gun I buy is not in inventory, so I buy blind. So I do a boat load of research and compare a potential purchase to what I own now. So far so good.

Last edited by jmr986; 10-01-2019 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10-01-2019, 05:17 PM

JMR;

I stopped in Sunday. They were not much help, so I am going thru STI's LE rep. Will be ordering a P Duo in God's Caliber tonight for duty use.

Don't trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz. He WILL rip you off.
All my 1911s are in .45acp. Why? Because no one makes one in .46cal.--Me
The 9mm is a SD cartridge fit only for women and Europeans--Me
Old 10-01-2019, 05:54 PM

Para ord P14 stainless limited bought in 1998 for competition . Great gun .
Old 10-01-2019, 07:17 PM

Kevin, do they have a good LE plan? I love the look of the taran gun but I think id like to try one with the optic cut if I do it
Old 10-01-2019, 07:38 PM

I got it through the LE plan. It’s a set discount. Pm me if you want info. Never held one until mine came in. Took 11 weeks. My ffl didn’t tell me it arrived until a week later. 😞
Old 10-01-2019, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Rad View Post
Kevin, do they have a good LE plan? I love the look of the taran gun but I think id like to try one with the optic cut if I do it
The STI LE plan is 15% off any gun and preferred receipt prior to even dealers. They do NOT build, nor recommend, putting optics on 5Ē or larger guns of theirs because of how they are specíd. The extra mass will cause malfunctions. I wanted to try but Iím not going against their recommendations. They know their business well.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:05 AM

[QUOTE=Ytown1911;12953556]
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Rad View Post
They do NOT build, nor recommend, putting optics on 5” or larger guns of theirs because of how they are spec’d. The extra mass will cause malfunctions. I wanted to try but I’m not going against their recommendations. They know their business well.
Good to know, thanks
Old 10-02-2019, 01:58 PM

Runs like a top.

Click image for larger version

Name:	STI.jpeg
Views:	21
Size:	3.80 MB
ID:	564938