ACW Traditionalist or Modern Prime Elite - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 09-14-2019, 01:47 PM

ACW Traditionalist or Modern Prime Elite

Some of you may laugh at this but I have the $$$$ for a ACW P.E. but there are a few things holding me back from hitting the order button.

Started paying the bills for a "BIG" to me University in August and seeing how that pans out for a while and in argument with myself over the title of this thread.

At work I have been labeled "old school" which I am ok with. I also dont like to pay for stuff that does not gain accuracy or reliability when it comes to guns.... ie trimming the muzzle against the barrel bushing, ball cuts and the HRT cut on the slide stop pin. There is nothing wrong with the looks/lines of a traditional 1911.

in comes the Prime Elite where I feel its a better deal than the Prime because a magwell is important to me and the specs have alot more items compared to the standard Prime.

I guess I could live with the flush barrel cut since its included in the price but the HRT cut on the slide stop pin...... how do you get that dude out with BIG OL FINGERS?

I have a SA Pro and hate the slide stop cut. I actually put two old slide stops on my work bench to help push out the Pro slide stop. To install meets the same frustration since the rounding of a traditional slide stop pin lines everything up as its goes in.

Would it look odd to have a P.E. with a flush cut barrel but a traditional rounded slide stop pin?

Why cant the rounded/traditional slide stop pin be shortened and still rounded to give just enough push when trying to field strip? (I think some are too long)

Whoever came up with this designed (HRT cut) must have had some small fingers

Anyone else not a fan of the HRT cut or just shut up and deal with it?

this is my SACS CC. The slide stop pin has never been an issue. Its a tad proud.

My MCOP is good with the beefier frame

This is my Colt before I had it blued.... the slide stop pin is way out there but it has never been an issue. Very proud pin.

while I want my next piece to be me, I dont want old school to send me in the wrong direction and then I wished I woulda.
Old 09-14-2019, 03:19 PM

The HRT is very easy to push on the PE. It’s made well. I’ve had many with the traditional style that have been much harder to work.
Old 09-14-2019, 05:36 PM

If you asked, it might could be had with a 1911 slide stop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2019, 10:20 PM

I also debated on the HRT slide stop when I ordered my Prime last month. Decided against it for the same reason you stated. I’m also not a big magwell fan so I went with the standard Prime and added the gold bead and Holly grips.
Reading both the specs and features, I did not see any difference between the Prime and Elite other than the options included, did I miss something?
Otherwise, you could order the Prime and add the magwell.

Jim
Old 09-15-2019, 05:52 AM

Standard Slide Stop is a no cost “Option” on the Prime Elite, just not the “standard” offering.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:13 AM

I hesitated ordering my P.E. with the HRT slide stop because I was afraid it would be difficult to push out. Turns out that it's no problem at all. To me, the ACW is traditional on the outside and high tech on the inside. And I like that.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:52 AM

One of the main reasons the "HRT" or flattened beveled slide stop was first introduced was to facilitate the use of laser sighting grips. The absence of the 'proud pin' would not interfere with the laser beam. The rest is , as they say history. Most think it is purely aesthetics. I have a flattened or beveled pin on all MY 1911'S EXCEPT MY WWII guns and it is not a problem at all. I am sure Rob's are no different...YMMV
Old 09-15-2019, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
At work I have been labeled "old school" which I am ok with. I also dont like to pay for stuff that does not gain accuracy or reliability when it comes to guns.... ie trimming the muzzle against the barrel bushing, ball cuts and the HRT cut on the slide stop pin. There is nothing wrong with the looks/lines of a traditional 1911.

in comes the Prime Elite where I feel its a better deal than the Prime because a magwell is important to me and the specs have alot more items compared to the standard Prime.

I guess I could live with the flush barrel cut since its included in the price but the HRT cut on the slide stop pin...... how do you get that dude out with BIG OL FINGERS?

I have a SA Pro and hate the slide stop cut. I actually put two old slide stops on my work bench to help push out the Pro slide stop. To install meets the same frustration since the rounding of a traditional slide stop pin lines everything up as its goes in.

Would it look odd to have a P.E. with a flush cut barrel but a traditional rounded slide stop pin?

Why cant the rounded/traditional slide stop pin be shortened and still rounded to give just enough push when trying to field strip? (I think some are too long)

Whoever came up with this designed (HRT cut) must have had some small fingers

Anyone else not a fan of the HRT cut or just shut up and deal with it?

this is my SACS CC. The slide stop pin has never been an issue. Its a tad proud.

While I love my SACS Professional . I really like the look of the HRT pin
cut . It is harder to remove . The standard pin is much easier to pop out .
Its kind of like crowned barrels to me . Sometimes they give the pistol
a nice finished look . Sometimes not so much . Its like the two piece guide
rod issue . People complain about having a allen wrench to remove . Well
you need something to remove the HRT slide stop yet know one complains
about that . Really

Last edited by Billy1911; 09-15-2019 at 08:11 AM.
Old 09-16-2019, 05:50 PM

Saw this today . Interesting look for the take down pin . The pin is cut and
it has like a crown cut around it .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69KzvyDeT6I
Old 09-16-2019, 07:31 PM

My exit visa has been approved. We are building a house in Prescott Valley AZ. and are leaving CA. to the commie dogs. Escrow closes 11/07 and I have a list of guns to buy. Top of the list is ACW. My question: Is the Prime Elite the full size version of the Brimstone. I want both but one at a time. Beautiful well crafted guns. I can't wait.