Trump and suppressors - Page 2 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 10:12 PM

What is missing in all this is a call to write letters. I've written two letters to Donald Trump and I know he identifies with people like us. Does he read them? Very doubtful, but every letter's message comes before him in a statistical form. If you feel your Ox is being gored please let President Trump know! It is far from being a wasted effort folks. Many of the things you guys have mentioned are very important facts, Donald Trump is all about facts and very little effected by politically correct ideologies.
416 stainless Sig P-238 & P938 triggers
Old 06-12-2019, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT77 View Post
Reading some of these posts, it gets easier to understand how someone like Obama can get elected twice and the Democrats are in charge of the House.
Yep, just a thread to get the relatively few Trump hater's out of the woodwork...Regardless if they are from the left or fake conservatives from the right, the hate is the same. Self-Righteous indignation is their calling card, be it is from John McCain outrage, a bump stock, putting kid's in cadges, and now all sort's of innuendo and indignation over an off-hand comment with a half-ass news-person: "I'm going to look at it". That is all he said (not do it, "look" at it). Certainly clear evidence he is Anti 2A! -LOL!

Sure, POTUS doesn't support 2A, he is actually a secret Russian spy who has appointed 2 conservative 2A supporting Justices who are also secret Russian spy's, and along with the NRA (who fully endorses POTUS) and is getting their order's from Moscow, are all in league with the lefty to destroy 2A. This way the Russian's can march right into the country with no civilian resistance.

The intention's of this thread are transparent.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 06-12-2019 at 05:47 AM.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryO45 View Post
My question is what presidential candidate in 2016 would be protecting the 2A better than President Trump? The answer: Not Any of Them.

Has he done executive action to take away your suppressors?

I am gonna argue that the Dems would be attacking any R President the same as they are hitting and resisting President Trump. They would be investigating any and all our candidates equally. They wanted Hillary and were shocked that our president won (likely the only candidate who could have beat her). He just hits back and it gets messy... I am OK with that.

I don’t think he will talk about silencers anymore... I hope not, we will see.
Good post, fair and balanced, but now you're asking the Trump hater's to put their self-righteous indignation down and use their brain's. Ain't going to happen, hate "trumps" higher level's of intellect.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 06-12-2019, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911_Kid View Post

Trump is not the all-glorious guy, he's playing in a game that has lots of consequences for Americans. I just not sure why he didnt fully close the MX border yet. Who cares if produce does not come up from MX, Americans are fat anyways, so a little forced diet will do the body good, perhaps help drive down cost of healtcare
I hope you are joking with this comment? All he did was threatened to slap sanction's on MX and it started a panic in the GOP supported by Rhino-Mitch M. and also induced all sorts of law suite threat's from the Business Round Table...And POTUS got the MX's to show up in Washington in less than 48 hours with just a the threat.

The border is open because no one in power beside's POTUS wants to close it. It is about money and votes. Money for the Rhino's and other fake-Conservatives, and votes for the Lefty, a corrupt-political-alliance.

You mentioned POTUS is "over his head", are you joking again? Despite the attack's from the left, the fake-conservatives and Rhino's on the right, massive 24X7 Trump-Hate propaganda from the media, the Deep-State trying to take him down, lefty judges thwarting his effort at every turn, the man isn't only still standing, he is thriving as POTUS, with the best economy of our time, shaking-up the swamp, and doing positive things for conservationism none of the "republican" president's have even attempted in our lifetimes.

Oh, and PS, fruit and vegetables are positives for wait reduction (all other things =), it is all that fast-food making American's fat, IMHO of course ;-).
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 06-12-2019 at 05:55 AM.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
I hope you are joking with this comment? All he did was threatened to slap sanction's on MX and it started a panic in the GOP supported by Rhino-Mitch M. and also induced all sorts of law suite threat's from the Business Round Table...And POTUS got the MX's to show up in Washington in less than 48 hours with just a the threat.

The border is open because no one in power beside's POTUS wants to close it. It is about money and votes. Money for the Rhino's and other fake-Conservatives, and votes for the Lefty, a corrupt-political-alliance.

You mentioned POTUS is "over his head", are you joking again? Despite the attack's from the left, the fake-conservatives and Rhino's on the right, massive 24X7 Trump-Hate propaganda from the media, the Deep-State trying to take him down, lefty judges thwarting his effort at every turn, the man isn't only still standing, he is thriving as POTUS, with the best economy of our time, shaking-up the swamp, and doing positive things for conservationism none of the "republican" president's have even attempted in our lifetimes.

Oh, and PS, fruit and vegetables are positives for wait reduction (all other things =), it is all that fast-food making American's fat, IMHO of course ;-).

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/newt...p-nancy-pelosi
Old 06-12-2019, 06:46 AM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by YVK View Post
Trump has no clue. He'll ban anything that he perceives as not useful, dangerous, and politically expendable. He's claiming a credit for banning bump stocks, he'll do so with cans.
No he won't.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Good post, fair and balanced, but now you're asking the Trump hater's to put their self-righteous indignation down and use their brain's. Ain't going to happen, hate "trumps" higher level's of intellect.
The answer is in post 17. The poop sandwich with bread or the poop sandwich with no bread.

Now the Poop Sandwich With No Bread is flapping his gums about how he doesn't like silencers and is thinking about banning them. I won't defend anyone in office who makes threats against anything 2A related. ESPECIALLY the PSWNB POTUS.

"Trump's "higher level of intellect"......yeah..right.....since he won't even release his grade school transcripts much less his college grades......LMAO!!!!
Old 06-12-2019, 07:40 AM
Adminstrator

Why should he? I wouldn't either. It's no body's business. Your hero Obamutt would do neither either. He set the precedent.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:40 AM

Simple diarrhea of the mouth guys. Trump does that, you have noticed I'm sure. He says all kinds of stuff of the cuff. Same guy who stops in the middle of a thought to start another thought and may or may not circle back to the original thought. It's just the way he is.

Don't worry about the cans, worry more about the attack on ammo purchases. Or really anything coming from the states. Or the banks, or big tech...etc.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW McVay View Post
Why should he? I wouldn't either. It's no body's business. Your hero Obamutt would do neither either. He set the precedent.
I wouldn't either. This whole "precedent" of a candidate revealing tax returns is stupid. I'd tell 'em all to shove it.

So now they want to make it law that a president has to release them? These people are so desperate, and it's clear. It's oozing out of them. And I'm loving every last minute of it. Trump doesn't have to do a thing but sit back and watch the candidates eat each other by pushing farther and farther to crazy town. Trump's going to anyway, because that's just how he is, but he shouldn't. Not yet anyway.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
"Whataboutism" isn't a valid defense.

I suspect Obama and Trump won't release their grades for the same reason. Neither one of them did as well in school as they would like the public to believe.

The difference between the two is that Obama didn't brag about how effin brilliant he was in school. Meanwhile, Trump continually states he graduated at the top of his class. To that I say, put up or shut up.

Back to the topic at hand.

Does the Constitution grant the POTUS the power to ban any firearm or suppressor by way of an Emergency Executive Order? The Constitution grants "All legislative powers" to Congress. It does NOT grant legislative powers to the POTUS. This was the problem I had with Trump's "Wall" EO.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesaun View Post
I wouldn't either. This whole "precedent" of a candidate revealing tax returns is stupid. I'd tell 'em all to shove it.

So now they want to make it law that a president has to release them? These people are so desperate, and it's clear. It's oozing out of them. And I'm loving every last minute of it. Trump doesn't have to do a thing but sit back and watch the candidates eat each other by pushing farther and farther to crazy town. Trump's going to anyway, because that's just how he is, but he shouldn't. Not yet anyway.
We're talking college transcripts, not tax returns.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSOtto View Post
We're talking college transcripts, not tax returns.
Okay. So why should anybody care about college transcripts? Besides, we have far too many Rhode Scholars that are about as bright as a black hole.

Further, how is it anybody's business how well Trump did in college? How is it relevant to the job he's going to do after next election?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Trump has no clue. He'll ban anything that he perceives as not useful, dangerous, and politically expendable. He's claiming a credit for banning bump stocks, he'll do so with cans.
No he won't.

Depends on political and social momentum behind it. He won't do it on his own, although I am not 100% certain but I don't think he will. If Dems decide to make some noise about it and get public going, he'll find it expendable and he will. They needed one mass shooting with a bump stock to get them banned, they don't need much more to can the cans.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:37 AM

All of Obama's records are sealed
Old 06-12-2019, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Depends on political and social momentum behind it. He won't do it on his own, although I am not 100% certain but I don't think he will. If Dems decide to make some noise about it and get public going, he'll find it expendable and he will. They needed one mass shooting with a bump stock to get them banned, they don't need much more to can the cans.
I think that actually they do. Cans are specifically regulated under the NFA '34, while bump stocks were not. Since cans are specifically classified in the legislation passed by Congress in 1934, it takes a change to that legislation (this requires Congressional action by both House and Senate) to change that specified item from "taxed" to "banned" under legislative code. JMHO.

ETA: Doesn't mean all involved parties will follow that process of law - we've seen too many instances already of Congress NOT doing their job.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)

Last edited by Grandpas50AE; 06-12-2019 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Added ETA comment
Old 06-12-2019, 09:48 AM

Until the bump stock fiasco I wasn’t worried, but having a sitting President that asks the ATF to look at things again, and then backdoors a ban on a previously legal item is shady as hell. I’m a very staunch second amendment support so I don’t like it anytime any politician mentions bans, or regulations, no matter what side of the fence he is on. As a community we have to stop turning a blind eye just because a candidate is from “our” party. Regan is routinely celebrated but he signed the Hughes Amendment l, dealing a major blow to gun rights in this country. A better of two evil situations is still a losing situation when it comes to our rights.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:55 AM

I don't think Trump realizes just how much of his support base are one issue voters.

We wanted a President that would back up the 2nd and reinforce it in the SCOTUS.

He might have done so in SCOTUS, that remains to be seen.

Words matter, even more so when the President states them.

Trumps bump stock ban and now his open "dislike" of suppressors is unnerving to those of us that vote based on how candidates regard the 2nd.

It will come down to voting for the lesser of two evils as usual.

Meanwhile we keep losing Freedoms, and the commies gain momentum.

I see where this is going again. History does repeat itself.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:33 AM

The funny thing about history is all the twists and turns it takes. Consider George W Bush. He supported a renewal of the 1990s era assault weapons ban. Congress never gave him a bill to sign. He put Supreme Court justices on the bench and those justices gave us the Heller and McDonald decisions. During his Presidency, I sure didn't think he was pro gun rights. After all these years have gone by he may be one of the most consequential Presidents when it comes to gun rights. The same may be true of Trump, but we won't know for a long time.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSOtto View Post
The answer is in post 17. The poop sandwich with bread or the poop sandwich with no bread.

Now the Poop Sandwich With No Bread is flapping his gums about how he doesn't like silencers and is thinking about banning them. I won't defend anyone in office who makes threats against anything 2A related. ESPECIALLY the PSWNB POTUS.

"Trump's "higher level of intellect"......yeah..right.....since he won't even release his grade school transcripts much less his college grades......LMAO!!!!
OMGoodness, now you are worried about his grade school transcript...This is what I mean when I say some here can't see the forist because a tree-branch is in their eye's.

POTUS support's 2A plain and simple, if he didn't he wouldn't have appointed well over 100 conservative judges up and down the federal court system. And the NRA wouldn't have endorsed him.

He was right to go against bumbpstock's any politician with half a brain would.

But he is not going to take you "can's" he was just speaking off the cuff, probably barley knows how they are used, but once he is informed that they help shooter's keep their hearing and have no correlation to crime, he will say the right thing.

You're fighting the wrong guy, spend your time bashing Biden and Poloise, you'll be doing the 2A community better and helping yourself at the same time.

But I know, who cares if Biden get's in (and he will take your can's and much more), as long as POTUS doesn't show his taxes and now his school grades he is no good.

Forest vs trees.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 06-12-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpas50AE View Post
I think that actually they do. Cans are specifically regulated under the NFA '34, while bump stocks were not. Since cans are specifically classified in the legislation passed by Congress in 1934, it takes a change to that legislation (this requires Congressional action by both House and Senate) to change that specified item from "taxed" to "banned" under legislative code. JMHO.

ETA: Doesn't mean all involved parties will follow that process of law - we've seen too many instances already of Congress NOT doing their job.
This is what worries me. Suppressors are regulated by legislation. And CONGRESS'S controls legislative issues, not the executive branch. ANY move by ANY POTUS with respect to the 1934 NFA act would clearly be an example of executive overreach. BUT!!!!......with a Democratic House, and a Republican Senate.....the House would LOVE for Trump to ban cans. The question is....would a Republican Senate have the guts to go against him?? So far, the Senate has shown zero interest in going against Trump on anything. Troubling times.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesaun View Post
That is a good article, The-Lefties will pay dearly in 2020 at all level's for their inaction with the illegal issue, especially in contrast to how hard POTUS is fighting to resolve.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 06-12-2019, 11:37 AM

I think that what it comes down to.

Is a question of does the presidents mouth sometimes get ahead of his brain? Clearly it does at times. But it also appears that his brain does eventually catch up. But in consideration of all of the judges that he is appointing to the federal bench, coupled with his attempts to secure our borders. I am inclined to let him slide on a few brash statements. As long as that is what they amount to.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:57 PM

Quote:
OMGoodness, now you are worried about his grade school transcript
I was told his kindergarten Report Card read something this:

Art of the Deal: A+
Appointing Judges: A
Accounting: B
Hunters Education: C
Plays well with Democrats: D-
Suppressors: F

One thing is for sure, under President Trumps’ Leadership, Democrats haven't been this mad since the Republicans took their slaves away.

Last edited by HarryO45; 06-12-2019 at 02:06 PM.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryO45 View Post
I was told his kindergarten Report Card read something this:

Art of the Deal: A+
Appointing Judges: A
Accounting: B
Hunters Education: C
Plays well with Democrats: D-
Suppressors: F

One thing is for sure, under President Trumps’ Leadership, Democrats haven't been this mad since the Republicans took their slaves away.
..Very Creative! And the last line is very true. POTUS must be doing something right (for the right) to get them so mad.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Closed Thread