1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 02-22-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drail View Post
It certainly is. Over at Bladeforums I was astounded to read all of the liberal anti 2 Amendment posters claiming that we're all over reacting to this and that they couldn't care less about guns being chopped or the owner's political leanings and "who needs assault weapons anyway?". The Mods over there finally locked all of the threads down. I had no idea there were that many liberals who were into knives.
Are they really liberals or just weak minded lukewarm people who don't understand how things work?
Old 02-22-2019, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT77 View Post
Are they really liberals or just weak minded lukewarm people who don't understand how things work?
Isn't that a pretty good description of many libs? What I would call the 'starter kit'...The ones that aren't lukewarm, but more aggressive, are full-blown communists these days.
Old 02-22-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightinTXAggie View Post
Isn't that a pretty good description of many libs? What I would call the 'starter kit'...The ones that aren't lukewarm, but more aggressive, are full-blown communists these days.
I think liberals are more dedicated to their views than many conservatives. Political correctness or accusations of racism, bigotry, etc. can turn a conservative into a pile of mush.
Old 02-22-2019, 09:42 AM

When Trump was Publicly Humiliated
by OsamaBenObama because of his
[ Trump ] beliefs, and wanting to see to it his [ Trump ] donations were being used
" For the good of Man kind " and not push a Singular Element,

That was THE TURNING POINT.

Now think about it.
Dems had already spent the Donations from Trump. And anyway, he was NOT getting his $ back. If he did, they would have lost quite the buttload Millions.

So yes, ** at one time ** he did support the Dem Party, and very well at that.

But he saw what was happening to USA.
He changed, challenged, and Won.

What was wrong with that?
IMHO, NADADAMNTHING!

Benchmade and Leatherman Ownership
has and IS supporting Anti 2A Politicos.

I personally have not owned either company items. Nor will I.
No they will not miss my $, but I will not support Anti Constitutional Companies.

In the Big Picture, that is Anti America and Anti Freedom.

Support such, and you can blame no one but yourself when they take not only your guns, but also ALL the one time Constitutional Rights away.

Muslims in Capital Hill will usher in
Shariah Law.

What does that have to do with
Benchmade??? ---

BIG PICTURE FOLKS

NO GUN, NO SELF PROTECTION.
Old 02-22-2019, 09:54 AM

Trump gave Democrats money in NYC because that is needed to grease the palm of those who determine how successful your business is there. To not do so would have meant no building permits and no gubmint cooperation in what he was doing. That is just how things work there.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbutt View Post
....but the way I see it, BM can contribute to whatever political candidate they wish & we as consumers can decide what companies we choose to support with our business. I have several BM knives & I like them. I'm not going to go out & chop them up, but BM won't make another penny from me.
My sentiments exactly! Screw BM and all "pretenders" like them.

NRA Life Member
Old 02-22-2019, 10:28 AM

Very disappointing to hear of this. I own a handful of BM Knives, they’re excellent tools, glad I purchased mine before BM decided to embrace their skewed political agenda.

While I won’t get rid of my pre-leftard era BMs, I certainly won’t be purchasing any more. Fact is, I haven’t carried any of my BMs since I purchased a Pro-Tech about 5 years ago.

While BMs Knives are nice, they’re just an entry level starting point for a superb performing/high quality knife. There’s allot of other knife choices out there.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Trump gave Democrats money in NYC because that is needed to grease the palm of those who determine how successful your business is there. To not do so would have meant no building permits and no gubmint cooperation in what he was doing. That is just how things work there.
Is it different from BM giving money to politicians who sit on different committees so BM is flush with govt contracts?
Old 02-22-2019, 10:33 AM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by YVK View Post
Quote:
Is it different from BM giving money to politicians who sit on different committees so BM is flush with govt contracts?
Yes it is different in that Trump would come right and tell you that's what it took to play the game in NYC.

Is that what it takes to get godvernment contracts all over the country? No. Did BM even address the issue? No. Did BM obfuscate? Yes.

Benchmade blows Left.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW McVay View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Yes it is different in that Trump would come right and tell you that's what it took to play the game in NYC.
The endpoint is the same. He financially supported Democrats in a hotbed of anti 2A action to promote his business interests. Kudos for being honest about it, makes no difference at the end.
Businesses have always greased politicos that gave them contracts, this one is only different in that it became known. Someone on another site looked into the names of politicians that BM gave money too and said that only three were F rated by the NRA; everyone else A and B (I have not personally verified this).
I would not support BM in the future but I don't see their acts as political but business. Just like Trump's.
Old 02-22-2019, 11:02 AM
Adminstrator

Of course you do. We know where your sympathies lay.
Old 02-22-2019, 11:05 AM

Wait - I got an idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
I will send it with an appropriate nastygram to the effect that they should put it where the sun don't shine.
If you are willing to do that: Benchmade has a service in which you can send them your BM knife for custom engraving (it is relatively cheap). Let your imagination run wild as to what you ask them to engrave. I have lots of good ideas, but I bet you can come up with something pretty good. Once you get it back you can share the photo with us forum members. Good fun. Poetic Justice

I have a BM and I was gonna send it to them for some engraving. I had a military retirement kinda theme which would have been pretty classy... Now I won’t - I like my BM too much to give it away or ruin it. But I will never buy another. I just wonder how many upity snowflake liberals carry knives or dress game?
Old 02-22-2019, 11:12 AM

Interesting article from Ammoland. Worth the read.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/02/the...#axzz5gHCojUqL
Old 02-22-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
The money Trump gave to Democrats was literally extorted out of him as the price of being able to run his business. He is now such an enemy of the Left by his own choices, no amount of money will allow him to go back into NYC and run a business. Can you make a case like that for Benchmade? I don't think so.
Old 02-22-2019, 12:41 PM

Look at what Magpul did a few years ago. they didn't play the game.

I buy pmags I don't even need because they are us.

many, even here, are willing to compromise their beliefs.

in my opinion, that makes them compromised.

a man who does this will never be my brother or friend.

He is them
Old 02-22-2019, 12:52 PM

HT77, it was his choice to do business in NYC, nobody forced him to, especially when he has numerous business venues elsewhere.
As far as him not being able to go back there and do business again, well, Trump Tower NYC rooms are available as we speak, at a mere $409/night. Let's see what happens after he's done.

Principles can only be called principles if they are equally applied to everyone. I am not interested in diverting this discussion to Trump, I wasn't the one who brought this up, and I honestly don't care what he did. I also don't really care about BM, other than maybe trying to form an opinion why they did what they did. I just find a position that finds excuses for one while unloads on another quite hypocritical.

Last edited by YVK; 02-22-2019 at 12:54 PM.
Old 02-22-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
HT77, it was his choice to do business in NYC, nobody forced him to, especially when he has numerous business venues elsewhere.
As far as him not being able to go back there and do business again, well, Trump Tower NYC rooms are available as we speak, at a mere $409/night. Let's see what happens after he's done.

Principles can only be called principles if they are equally applied to everyone. I am not interested in diverting this discussion to Trump, I wasn't the one who brought this up, and I honestly don't care what he did. I also don't really care about BM, other than maybe trying to form an opinion why they did what they did. I just find a position that finds excuses for one while unloads on another quite hypocritical.
When I say "doing business" there I mean in terms of massive real estate development. He is done there.

Trump was born and raised there. That is where his business started and grew. Once it got to a point, he had to play the game with the corrupt politicians. To have expected him to move to some other state and conduct a similar business is ludicrous. No comparison to people at Benchmark donating a relatively small amount of money to Democrat politicians. They are spitting in the face of their customer base.
Old 02-22-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
I think liberals are more dedicated to their views than many conservatives. Political correctness or accusations of racism, bigotry, etc. can turn a conservative into a pile of mush.
This>>>>> "It is impossible to reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into."

Last edited by Vos Parate; 02-22-2019 at 01:53 PM.
Old 02-22-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzleblast... View Post
Interesting article from Ammoland. Worth the read.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/02/the...#axzz5gHCojUqL
Indeed. Thanks for sharing.

I had already made up my mind (Adios to Benchmade); but if somehow someone else is still trying to persuade themselves that the facts aren't the facts, your linked article ought to persuade them otherwise.

If it doesn't, most likely those folks are on the leftist/Dem side ... and have been for a long time.

---

For those with limited time, below is the conclusion from within the above-linked article:

"I reserved judgment when I saw this issue go viral before I had time to adequately research this issue, which is why my article here is late to the party. However, at this point, I feel that there is enough to make a statement on the subject.

Here it is:

Green Eye Tactical will no longer recommend Benchmade products."

"Freedom is only a temporary thing unless it is backed by the blunt capability and willingness to fight back against evil with sufficient arms." -- Myself

Last edited by chrysanthemum; 02-22-2019 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:27 PM

Good article.
I wish he would have used a different title.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:31 PM

I do my best avoid spending money on anything that contributes to the left, when Obama 1st ran Dan Cooper of Cooper rifles donated to his campaign. I owned one of their 223s and wanted a larger caliber bean field rifle, which I planned in buying from Cooper on hearing of his donation I bought a Jarrett. The funny thing was many of Coopers fans were making excuses for him, there's no excuse, the left is quick to try and hurt gun companies the NRA etc lets return the favor and hit them in the pocket book.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:57 PM

I have about a dozen Benchmade knives. I am not cutting them up. I am not sending them back. I am not boycotting them.

I'm just about fed up to my eyeballs with people basing every little detail of their lives on political agendas. If some of Benchmade's employees are liberal, SO WHAT?? I work with Republicans and Democrats, Christian, jews and muslims (and a Buddhist) I have worked with gays, lesbians and even straight people. Black, white, hispanic, asian, pygmy, Martian (at least that's what he claimed... Oh, wait that was me)

I don't give a flying rodent's rectum about ANY of it. What I care about is the work gets done and done right. Benchmade does it right. I don't care if some overblown, hysterical , panties in a bunch story comes out that say maybe they could possibly, in theory, thought up by some "jounalist" who has his own agenda says This company is "Bad".

If YOU think they are, fine. Do what you want. But don't sit there and tell me I'm to blame for gun rights going south. That is ALL our faults for not fighting this issue in a rational manner and publicly (this forum is not publicly) calling them out on their BS.

You want to end this kind of crap? Get on the phone to your legislators and tell them to introduce a bill making it a Federal Felony Offense to knowingly, publicly spread misinformation and put HUGE fines and prison time on it. Then we'll see what the "Journalists" report.
You may know a thing and it is not true. But in understanding that thing there can be ONLY truth. And to understand, you will need contrast. NOT adherence to a single idea. The truth is in the contrast.
Old 02-22-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAYHEM* View Post
I have about a dozen Benchmade knives. I am not cutting them up. I am not sending them back. I am not boycotting them.

I'm just about fed up to my eyeballs with people basing every little detail of their lives on political agendas. If some of Benchmade's employees are liberal, SO WHAT?? I work with Republicans and Democrats, Christian, jews and muslims (and a Buddhist) I have worked with gays, lesbians and even straight people. Black, white, hispanic, asian, pygmy, Martian (at least that's what he claimed... Oh, wait that was me)

I don't give a flying rodent's rectum about ANY of it. What I care about is the work gets done and done right. Benchmade does it right. I don't care if some overblown, hysterical , panties in a bunch story comes out that say maybe they could possibly, in theory, thought up by some "jounalist" who has his own agenda says This company is "Bad".

If YOU think they are, fine. Do what you want. But don't sit there and tell me I'm to blame for gun rights going south. That is ALL our faults for not fighting this issue in a rational manner and publicly (this forum is not publicly) calling them out on their BS.

You want to end this kind of crap? Get on the phone to your legislators and tell them to introduce a bill making it a Federal Felony Offense to knowingly, publicly spread misinformation and put HUGE fines and prison time on it. Then we'll see what the "Journalists" report.
There are plenty of other excellent knife manufacturers that DO NOT support commie politicians that want to destroy freedom.

The 2nd Amendment is what keeps us free. Without it the other 9 on the Bill of Rights might as well be written on toilet paper.

Any person, politician or business that is out to alter, deny or discredit the 2nd Amendment is my enemy.
Old 02-22-2019, 03:27 PM

Quote:

I'm just about fed up to my eyeballs with people basing every little detail of their lives on political agendas. If some of Benchmade's employees are liberal, SO WHAT?? .

Same here. If we do this, we're no better than the Libs.

I've been here a long time, don't post much, but learn a lot.

Labeling someone a 'troll' and banning them because they disagree with your position is censorship.

It's wrong. Ban me if you wish.
Old 02-22-2019, 03:34 PM

Never mind the Constitution... Freedom vs. Socialism

Quote:
Christian, jews and muslims (and a Buddhist) I have worked with gays, lesbians and even straight people. Black, white, hispanic, asian, pygmy, Martian (at least that's what he claimed... Oh, wait that was me)
Here we go...I am intolerant of other religions, homophobic, a racist and intolerant of non-humans (especially Martians)? This is the liberal default to any argument... my oh my, now I guess I am gonna have to defend myself?

You need to go back to Mars.