Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 09-18-2018, 11:26 AM

STI DVC Omni 9mm- awesome!

What an awesome handgun!
It is so fun to shoot!
It shoots very flat, has little recoil, and the sights stay right on target. I can shoot a lot of rounds and not get hand fatigue. Plus, anyone could rack the slide. I am enjoying the heck out of it!
:-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2018, 04:23 PM

I have 2 of the very similar Costa Carry Comp's in 9mm. They are super soft and flat shooting guns.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:51 PM

Does your Omni come with screws for red dot or you have to purchase it by yourself?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2018, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dummykid View Post
Does your Omni come with screws for red dot or you have to purchase it by yourself?

My Omni came with four Red Dot plates and screws for four different red dot models.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapasr_587e776b1 View Post
My Omni came with four Red Dot plates and screws for four different red dot models.

Thanks, I guess I need to contact STI because mine doesn't come with screws for each plate and cover plates
Old 11-29-2018, 03:20 PM

I got to see and handle one when I happened to be at my local dealers when the STI rep showed up. She proceeded to bring in a large suitcase with all the new STI's including the OMNI. It is an awesome pistol but doesn't come in .40s&w which is my favorite caliber. It also has an awesome PRICE. I cant bring myself to buy a 9mm for that much money. But the feel of that pistol is awesome. Enjoy. WG
Old 01-19-2019, 02:57 PM

What pound recoil spring does it come with ?
Old 01-20-2019, 05:52 AM

Very nice! I love my STI-Costa-Comp in 45...Someday, someday, maybe, STI will actually even make gen-2 10R magazines for it :-).

The Costa CC came with the recoil master and secondary spring setup standard. Did you change that yourself, or are they coming with plain o'll recoil spring standard on OMNI?

Also, love the slide serration, I have that on my infinity, much better then most standard cocking serrations.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 01-23-2019, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
Very nice! I love my STI-Costa-Comp in 45...Someday, someday, maybe, STI will actually even make gen-2 10R magazines for it :-).

The Costa CC came with the recoil master and secondary spring setup standard. Did you change that yourself, or are they coming with plain o'll recoil spring standard on OMNI?

Also, love the slide serration, I have that on my infinity, much better then most standard cocking serrations.
STI Omni comes with Dawson tool-less guide rod directly.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlg View Post
What pound recoil spring does it come with ?
The Omni is fit with a 9lb recoil spring
Old 01-23-2019, 05:16 AM

I called STI and the Omni comes with the Dawson Tool less recoil guide and a 8 pound recoil spring. I ordered the same set up for my Costa Carry Comp 9mm which is a great shooter and one of the most fun guns to take to the range.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:34 AM

STI DVC Omni 9mm- awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlg View Post
I called STI and the Omni comes with the Dawson Tool less recoil guide and a 8 pound recoil spring. I ordered the same set up for my Costa Carry Comp 9mm which is a great shooter and one of the most fun guns to take to the range.

Could you share any photo of ur setup? I was told by the STI rep that the guild rod would be shown due to the costa comp slide cut. Do u use the same reverse plug with full size 1911 spring ?

Last edited by dummykid; 01-23-2019 at 08:40 AM.
Old 01-26-2019, 06:05 PM

Send me your cell and I will txt you some photos. It’s the same set up but doesn’t have the DVC finish. I just tested it with 250 rounds of 115 and 124 in NATO and Plus P Speer Gold Dot and it ran flawless with the Dawson Tool Less with 8 pound recoil spring.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:25 PM

I just install the Dawson Tool less guide rod and 8lb wolff spring on my CCC, actually it looks good. lol. Thanks Mlg.
Old 02-05-2019, 08:40 PM

Quote:
I just install the Dawson Tool less guide rod and 8lb wolff spring on my CCC, actually it looks good. lol. Thanks Mlg.
I was hoping you or mlg can help me.
I have a ccc and would like to go the tool less guide rod route as well. Can you pm me or post the links to the parts you used? I can’t pm anyone for some reason.

I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 02-06-2019, 09:04 PM

Hey MLG,
Looking to contact you as I am looking to buy a Costa Carry Comp and wanted to run a couple of questions by you.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Hi,

If you can please help me out with converting to a flgr on your sti ccc. What parts did you purchase? If you can please list the links of each item as well. I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks.
Old 02-18-2019, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Can you or mlg post the part number on which dawson tool less guide rod you used on your ccc? I want to do the same setup.
Old 04-15-2019, 01:08 PM

Omni misfires

I have had the Omni for a while now. When I first got it I had some issues with FTE, slide lock and it was shooting about 2” left at 25 yds (no adjustment). Sent it back and they put weaker spring in it which cured two of the problems. They also adjusted front sight which cured the shooting left. Now I am having an issue with misfires. I do shoot reloads which I have shot in my DVC Steel with no problems. The primers have a significant dent. Any suggestions?