1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-12-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
Who is the go-to for S-auto these days? Benelli?
Itís hard to beat a Benelli.

Quote:
Unfortunately, I kinda doubt WC would take this project on, it would be a bunch of development, and I would think a questionable amount of sales. Still, I'd love to see it, having WC back a S-auto-SG with their world-class CS, would likely be a great combination.
Indeed, itís very doubtful that Wilson would ever tool-up to make a ground-up shotgun. But, since they have the technical expertise to make Remington 870ís even better, perhaps theyíd be willing to apply their magic on the Remington Versa Max line, which uses a nearly identical dual gas piston system as the Benelli.

In terms of new Wilson 2019 products, I must say that Iím content with their current offerings, minus the lack of a threaded barrel for the EDC-X9. From firearms to accessories and knives + plus leather goods, they have a tremendous inventory.
Old 01-12-2019, 09:40 AM

Nice SG! I am curious are there any issues with the SG loading and 100% reliability in your Semi-auto...I have 3 types of 00, Federal low-power at 1145 fps, Rem @ 1325, and Hornady @1600.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 01-12-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Nice SG! I am curious are there any issues with the SG loading and 100% reliability in your Semi-auto...I have 3 types of 00, Federal low-power at 1145 fps, Rem @ 1325, and Hornady @1600.
Thanks, but Iíve yet to fire this one, just got it out of NFA jail last month. Iíve read several articles on M4ís and other semi-autos, having difficulty with reduced power loads, but Iíve attended (as a spectator) some gun shoots where M2ís, M4ís and Remingtons (looked like model 1100ís), ran low power loads without hiccup.

Iíll find out soon how well my M4 does, because Iíve also added 2 pump shotguns to my arsenal, next range trip is going to be a slug fest.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:31 PM

Quote:
That is an interesting idea...I've contemplated getting a S-auto SG (I have an 870 tactical now), as you are well aware their are pro's and con's vs pump. Who is the go-to for S-auto these days? Benelli?...Unfortunately, I kinda doubt WC would take this project on, it would be a bunch of development, and I would think a questionable amount of sales. Still, I'd love to see it, having WC back a S-auto-SG with their world-class CS, would likely be a great combination.
I like benelli, AK pattern ones are nice if you know how to tune them as well.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:25 AM

I would like to see a stainless steel framed EDC X9. I shoot my guns ALOT and I like the weight and durability of steel.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:50 PM

How about a Wilson Combat phone app.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450AK View Post
I would like to see a stainless steel framed EDC X9. I shoot my guns ALOT and I like the weight and durability of steel.
^^Me too^^
Old 01-16-2019, 12:36 PM

"Shot Show" next week. If anything new is coming out, that would be the time to find out.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:03 PM

WC typically promotes new releases around the time/at the NRA Show, not Shot.

But again, that’s “typically”.

Also, often just release new products as they come and don’t wait for trade shows
Old 01-16-2019, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimF4M1s View Post
"Shot Show" next week. If anything new is coming out, that would be the time to find out.
Wilson didnít attend Shot Show last year and is not on the list to attend this year either.

There is no bigger fan of WC than I, but "Shot Show" is the wrong venue for Wilson Combat. Shot Show is for Law Enforcement and Military personnel to check out products that they can one day purchase for their agency or Military Branch. Only Law Enforcement personnel and Military personnel are allowed to attend, and even that is restricted to those few people who have purchasing authority for their agency or Branch, and are required to be vetted. People just can't come in off the street to attend. Wilson just couldn't produce fast enough for a military contract and their prices are too high for a Law Enforcement agency to make a sizable purchase. I'm not aware of any Law Enforcement agency or Military Branch issuing WC products. Law Enforcement may have one or two items in their inventory but nothing in vast quantities. And I don't think WC has any interest in that anyway, they have a great foot-hold on the civilian market and that's even better. They can produce on their time schedule without having to rush anything to meet a deadline. Attending Shot Show would not be cost effective for WC.

But the NRA Show is where WC belongs. That would be a more cost effective venture as their chances of return on investment of attending has a higher probability, as any civilian can attend the NRA Show.

Side note, I did see a WC AR-15 in a Law Enforcement museum last year, that was cool. I started a thread and posted a picture last year.

Here it is:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wilson AR.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	679.7 KB
ID:	544938

Last edited by tjpaxton; 01-16-2019 at 11:33 PM.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator

Wilson has not displayed at SHOT since Orlando.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:15 PM

The Protector Series AR Pistol in 300 HAMR has been released.

https://www.wilsoncombat.com/protect...f011f-53652061
Old 01-17-2019, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

I like the Centurion Vertec Tactical:

https://www.wilsoncombat.com/vertec-centurion-tactical/
Old 02-02-2019, 06:55 PM

SHOT SHOW bad information

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjpaxton View Post
Wilson didnít attend Shot Show last year and is not on the list to attend this year either.

There is no bigger fan of WC than I, but "Shot Show" is the wrong venue for Wilson Combat. Shot Show is for Law Enforcement and Military personnel to check out products that they can one day purchase for their agency or Military Branch. Only Law Enforcement personnel and Military personnel are allowed to attend, and even that is restricted to those few people who have purchasing authority for their agency or Branch, and are required to be vetted. People just can't come in off the street to attend. Wilson just couldn't produce fast enough for a military contract and their prices are too high for a Law Enforcement agency to make a sizable purchase. I'm not aware of any Law Enforcement agency or Military Branch issuing WC products. Law Enforcement may have one or two items in their inventory but nothing in vast quantities. And I don't think WC has any interest in that anyway, they have a great foot-hold on the civilian market and that's even better. They can produce on their time schedule without having to rush anything to meet a deadline. Attending Shot Show would not be cost effective for WC.

But the NRA Show is where WC belongs. That would be a more cost effective venture as their chances of return on investment of attending has a higher probability, as any civilian can attend the NRA Show.

Side note, I did see a WC AR-15 in a Law Enforcement museum last year, that was cool. I started a thread and posted a picture last year.

Here it is:

Attachment 544938
Someone gave you some bad information -- the SHOT SHOW is for the firearms trade, not law enforcement or military, although law enforcement can attend.