Visitors - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-02-2019, 10:24 AM

Visitors

I might be in the Fayetteville AR area in the spring and was wondering if teh Wilson Combat facility in Barryville is open to visitors.

Does anybody know whether or not they allow visitors, and if so, what arrangement need to be made ahead of time (do you need to make an appointment)?

I am hoping that maybe there is a Wilson Combat rep on here that can fill me in.

Thanks.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

I'm not a Wilson Combat rep, but I've been there many times. They have a limited store in the main lobby, front door is always open to visitors. If you want to see or buy something special, it is good practice to call ahead.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 01-02-2019, 11:42 AM

Very friendly when we visited. Nice folks. Didnít make an appointment.
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2019, 01:05 PM

Just don't tell them you're spying for the 1911 Forum.
Old 01-02-2019, 02:26 PM

Awesome, this was what I was hoping for.

A WC 1911 is on my "bucket list" but I want to actually see the different models, rather than just reading the description on the Internet, so that I can get a real feel for which one I want.

Thanks.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:10 AM

I called ahead to make an appointment. I received a guided tour of the entire facility. There is a small gift shop (shirts, pistol magazines, calendars, coffee mugs, etc) and items for sale in the lobby.

I was able to talk with the gunsmiths at each stop (except the Supergrade section) and ask questions. All the employees are super nice and knowledgeable.

You can read about my Tour here:

https://forums.1911forum.com/showthr...highlight=tour
Old 01-03-2019, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack View Post
A WC 1911 is on my "bucket list" but I want to actually see the different models, rather than just reading the description on the Internet, so that I can get a real feel for which one I want.
Make it be an earlier then later "bucket list" item. You want time to shoot and enjoy it. Usually nobody gets just one, so you need time to put a lot of rounds down range with both or even more than two Wilson pistols. They are made to run, not look at. They put a smile on your face.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:09 PM

^^^

Jim is correct, of course.

BJ, you probably already know this, but instead of looking for a Wilson "catalog/website model", think instead of what you want... details, perhaps beginning with defining your purpose and soon thereafter the size of gun, chambering, etc.

Each model, while it is available, is merely a conceptual starting point for a customer's build. Instead of focusing on the models, I think it is usually better to focus on what you want. Then, regardless of the model starting point, develop your specs.

Of course there are a few models that are designed to be sold with little or no customization, but for most models, the door is quite wide open to whatever you desire. (Well, as long as you're not looking for non-Wilson components, such as a Caspian frame/slide, etc.)

Get what you want ... ASAP

"Freedom is only a temporary thing unless it is backed by the blunt capability and willingness to fight back against evil with sufficient arms." -- Myself
Old 01-04-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysanthemum View Post
^^^

Jim is correct, of course.

BJ, you probably already know this, but instead of looking for a Wilson "catalog/website model", think instead of what you want... details, perhaps beginning with defining your purpose and soon thereafter the size of gun, chambering, etc.

Each model, while it is available, is merely a conceptual starting point for a customer's build. Instead of focusing on the models, I think it is usually better to focus on what you want. Then, regardless of the model starting point, develop your specs.

Of course there are a few models that are designed to be sold with little or no customization, but for most models, the door is quite wide open to whatever you desire. (Well, as long as you're not looking for non-Wilson components, such as a Caspian frame/slide, etc.)

Get what you want ... ASAP

Yup!
Old 01-07-2019, 03:01 PM

But be very careful, once you let one in the door, more will follow 😁.
DW CBOB, Valor, Heritage and others that get used once in awhile.