The wife is looking for a concealed carry purse. - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 04-30-2018, 08:14 AM

The wife is looking for a concealed carry purse.

Any tips are welcome.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:35 AM

The only ones I would even consider are the ones where her hand is inside a slot holding onto the gun. If someone grabs her purse - she still has the gun. If she doesn't keep her hand on it and grip the gun she can lose it and the purse in a second. She must be aware enough of her surroundings to place her hand on the gun before a threat gets close. With a snub revolver she can shoot it in the purse.

Last edited by drail; 04-30-2018 at 08:40 AM.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:47 AM

I have no experience with them, just that they make them ...

Mitch Rosen https://mitchrosen.com/products/additional-products/

Coronado Leather https://coronadoleather.com/collections/women
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2018, 08:51 AM

Cabela's have a selection

David

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2018, 09:00 AM

https://www.montanawestusa.com/colle...SAAEgKFS_D_BwE

Will fit a Government 1911, my wife carries her Glock 23 in one, has a zippered outside pocket. Personally for safety she uses a Desantis pocket holster inside to cover trigger guard

Sent from my iPhone with a general disregard for the masses
Old 04-30-2018, 09:33 AM

Already mentioned, but Coronado Leather does wonderful work. Buy a large one.
Old 05-01-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
Any tips are welcome.
My Wife has one of the black leather Gun Toteín Mamas holster purses. Itís very similar to the GTM-23, but a few years earlier of a model with 1 side zipper instead of 2.

https://guntotenmamas.com/products/c...ant=7394433797

My Wife likes it, except for the fact that it isnít big enough, because once the gun is holstered, it limits access to the inside compartment located on the same side. But, itís versatile, the holster can be detached from the velcro pad and adjusted for cant and orientated left or right. The holster insert fits a j-frame like a glove, small semi autos like a Bodyguard will fit too, but loosely. Of course, the holster can be removed completely, allowing the pistol to occupy the entire area, with the ability to shoot through.

Bottom line: Even though itís in like brand new condition, its just too small for my Wifeís needs. As such, sheíll gift the battlepurse to Mrs. USMM guy if she digs it. Show your Wife the pics, ensure that sheís aware of the space limitations, if she still digs it, then pm me the location where youíd like it shipped. I only ask that if your Wife ends up not liking it, no need to send it back to me, just please list it in our Classified Freebie subforum.
Attached Thumbnails
A5021059-71A8-4DB1-BDE4-AF7AECEA48E6.jpeg   6D27B786-1CF7-4ED7-BB23-5D88C0763075.jpeg   320F3D2E-11DC-42F4-8891-4A9608F879F9.jpeg  
Old 05-02-2018, 08:14 AM

Glock Store has a bunch to compare.
http://www.glockstore.com/Deals/TopShot-Tuesday
Old 05-02-2018, 08:28 AM

The wife is looking for a concealed carry purse.

Quote:
Any tips are welcome.

Here is my wifeís Montana West Purse

https://www.montanawestusa.com/colle...SAAEgKFS_D_BwE

Sent from my iPhone with a general disregard for the masses
Old 05-02-2018, 09:54 AM

My wife prefers to carry her piece in her bra.

carries extra mag in her thong.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:12 PM

I can't recommend a purse, purses tend to get set down. Which leaves the fire arm inside accessible to others, sometimes kids.
My wife wanted one also until this was pointed out to her. She ended up going with a belly band holster. Said it was more comfortable than any holster she has tried and more comforting to know her hand gun was in her possession safe from anyone else.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:48 PM

Much thanks for all of the feedback.

And a special shout out to US1911. That is a very generous offer. But Mrs. USMM is holding out for something with a shoulder strap. We will see.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:13 PM

Quote:
And a special shout out to US1911. That is a very generous offer. But Mrs. USMM is holding out for something with a shoulder strap. We will see.
Take a closer look at the first pic, it does indeed have a nice leather detachable shoulder strap. Have the wife check it out and let me know if sheís interested. Mrs. USMM gets first dibs, if she likes it, itís hers.

Otherwise, Iím going to offer it in our Freebie Classifieds. I initially asked my wife if she still had the purse, because I wanted to know the brand name so I could respond to your initial post. Well, my wife couldnít find it, then she remembered that she had it in another room with the rest of the stuff weíre donating. Thatís when I asked her if she wanted to gift it to a forum memberís wife instead, she said YES without hesitation.

So, just let me know if the battlepurse fits Mrs. USMMís needs.
Attached Thumbnails
7DFE33B3-9E02-45F2-ADF3-8A349B98F554.jpeg  
Old 05-02-2018, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Any tips are welcome.
Best tip? Let her try before buying. She shouldn't choose your wallet and you shouldn't choose her purse.

Beyond that, there are a million options, including custom. But the important thing is that she be willing to wear the purse. If it doesn't manage to meet her needs in a purse, the concealed carry doesn't matter.

Have her connect with the local Well Armed Woman chapter. She'll get the best opinions from people who know what they're talking about.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 05-02-2018, 09:36 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by US1911 View Post
Take a closer look at the first pic, it does indeed have a nice leather detachable shoulder strap. Have the wife check it out and let me know if sheís interested. Mrs. USMM gets first dibs, if she likes it, itís hers.

Otherwise, Iím going to offer it in our Freebie Classifieds. I initially asked my wife if she still had the purse, because I wanted to know the brand name so I could respond to your initial post. Well, my wife couldnít find it, then she remembered that she had it in another room with the rest of the stuff weíre donating. Thatís when I asked her if she wanted to gift it to a forum memberís wife instead, she said YES without hesitation.

So, just let me know if the battlepurse fits Mrs. USMMís needs.

What a nice gesture. good to see in this day and age.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:43 AM

It certainly is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasimodo View Post
What a nice gesture. good to see in this day and age.
In these days of callousness and just poor behavior in general. It is a real breath of fresh air. It cannot be overstated the effort on the part of the moderators that goes into this as well. Way too many knuckleheads out there that can just ruin it for everybody.

Additionally I think that you have a pretty good membership here that understands respect and decency of behavior.