T-4 owners - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 12-19-2016, 05:14 AM

T-4 owners

In the next few days i am thinking about purchasing a T-4 aluminum frame in 9mm. I'm looking for feedback from T-4 steel or aluminum owners on the pro and con or any other remarks on the T-4.
I have a T-3 Thin 45 ACP, that I like very much, but the weight is an issue.
The weight difference between the T-4 and T-3 Thin is ~ six ounces.
Old 12-19-2016, 06:31 AM

picked up a T4 steel frame for the range. I am not usually a small 1911(compact or officers) shooter BUT this T4 rivals my WC spec ops for fun and accuracy(but not trigger weight--the spec ops is extremely light, the T4 is a normal 3.5 lbs or so).

although I cannot comment on frame weight. The accuracy and easy of acquiring the sights between shots is amazing!!! Makes me look like I am shooting a full sized 1911. I just love it.

the more I look @NHC, the mor e I find to like. The CS is tops in the business too

I cannot see how an aluminum T4 would be a bad purchase

good luck

happy holidays

Rob

for me the next order is probably going to be a Falcon
Old 12-23-2016, 07:59 PM

I was hoping to receive some feedback form T-4 owners by this point.
Thanks for your help Boatdoc.

Old 12-24-2016, 09:48 AM

When I was putting together the specs on mine,I gave much thought into steel vs. aluminum frame. Ultimately I chose steel. It's already a lighter pistol than full or commander sized ones and obviously the 9mm ammo is lighter than 45. I figured the steel frame would help with defensive +P ammo also. FWIW,I do not regret that decision whatsoever. Now if I were building a 45 T4 then I may look into an aluminum frame if weight was a consideration. Good luck with your build.

https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=655433
Old 12-24-2016, 02:27 PM

My EDC is a steel frame T4. I currently have about 800 flawless rounds through it. The T4 shoots like a full size gun and is incredibly easy to conceal. The weight with the steel frame is not an issue for me, although if weight is a big concern for you, the aluminum frame T4 would serve very nicely as a carry gun. I would buy with confidence, it's a great little gun. My T4 also has the best trigger out of all my 1911's, and I own other semi customs as well. I carry it in a milt sparks criterion with a leather nighthawk belt. Hope this helps.
Old 12-30-2016, 03:32 AM

Not sure if you pulled the trigger yet, but TechNetArmory.com has a special on the T4 and a couple other NHC's offering a case of ammo with purchase.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:56 AM

Guys
Thanks for you feedback, it's very helpful.
I haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:13 PM

I took my T4 steel to the range for the first time today and I was really impressed. I only had time for a couple of hundred rounds just start the breakin, but did include some Speer 124 GDHP +P and Federal 124 HST +P. No malfunctions at all and I was amazed at how soft shooting the pistol was even with +P. It actually felt like I was shooting one of my 5" 1911 in 9mm. Sights were dead on at 21 feet, groups were very tight with 1-2 inch spread (this is outstanding for me). Follow up shots were easy to stay on target. Really, this pistol just felt good -- felt like it needs no breakin and could just run all day. Can't wait to get back to the range with it. I've got 3 other nighthawks and a couple of wilsons in 45 ACP (BW Carry and Commander) and the T4 is easily my new favorite.
PS - While picking up some ammo today at LGS I saw they had a new Dan Wesson Pointman Carry in the case. It looked really sharp. Didn't have time for closer look but I'll get back there soon. What can I say, it's an addiction.
Bill Wilson Carry, Ed Brown Cobra, Nighthawk T3, Springfield TRP, Springfield LW Champion Operator, Kimber RCP, Kimber TLE II, Kimber Pro Aegis II, Kimber Custom Aegis II, Dan Wesson Valor, Dan Wesson Guardian, Dan Wesson CCO, Colt Commander 70 series
Old 02-10-2017, 07:35 AM

T4

I continue to be impressed with my T4 .45 ! Shoots like a full size gun! I have both the .45 and 9MM. The .45 is an Aluminum frame and the 9MM is a Steel frame.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmontana View Post
I took my T4 steel to the range for the first time today and I was really impressed. I only had time for a couple of hundred rounds just start the breakin, but did include some Speer 124 GDHP +P and Federal 124 HST +P. No malfunctions at all and I was amazed at how soft shooting the pistol was even with +P. It actually felt like I was shooting one of my 5" 1911 in 9mm. Sights were dead on at 21 feet, groups were very tight with 1-2 inch spread (this is outstanding for me). Follow up shots were easy to stay on target. Really, this pistol just felt good -- felt like it needs no breakin and could just run all day. Can't wait to get back to the range with it. I've got 3 other nighthawks and a couple of wilsons in 45 ACP (BW Carry and Commander) and the T4 is easily my new favorite.
PS - While picking up some ammo today at LGS I saw they had a new Dan Wesson Pointman Carry in the case. It looked really sharp. Didn't have time for closer look but I'll get back there soon. What can I say, it's an addiction.
Nighthawks do not require any break-in. They are shot at the factory before being sent out. More than the test rounds.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:47 AM

Jsdkms
Do you like Aluminum frame
Old 03-22-2017, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick4400 View Post
Jsdkms
Do you like Aluminum frame

Yes, I do like the Aluminum frame. I own one with Aluminum and one all steel. Cannot tell the difference in shooting them. I would go with the Aluminum frame without a second thought. They are fantastic guns and shoot lights out.