WC and Gunbroker - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-21-2020, 06:49 AM

WC and Gunbroker

I've never bought a gun off of Gunbroker before. Wholesale Hunter (WH) is listing a handgun I'm interested in but it's 15% or more below the price listed for that gun on WC's store website. Do places like WH sell legit, new-in-box WC guns? Is it common to see a discount on a WC handgun? If someone buys a WC gun from a gun shop that is listing a WC for sale on Gunbroker, does WC stand behind any typical issues if the gun was bought off of Gunbroker?

Sorry for the dumb questions.
Old 01-21-2020, 06:54 AM

I’ve purchased all of my high-end guns from Gunslingers and they all were significantly below retail price listed on the manufacturer’s websites....even the builds. I can’t speak for that particular company, but that discount is normal.

https://www.migunslingers.com/
Old 01-21-2020, 07:39 AM

Most all on-line WC dealers are 15 to 20% off suggested retail. That's why I have never purchased directly from Wilson. I buy all my accessories direct from WC.

There are some great on-line dealers out there.

Wilson stands behind all there guns, doesn't matter if you are the 10th owner. The best customer service in the business. I have used there customer service for a minor issue on a rifle, and a minor issue on pistol. Hands down the best customer service of any company that I have dealt with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2020, 08:06 AM

Whether you buy from Gunbroker or not is up to you. I have purchased a number of guns this way but I always check the reputation of the seller before doing so. I've never had an issue and in fact have been extremely happy so far but I always check their previous sales history first.

Last edited by Dddrees; 01-21-2020 at 08:17 AM.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:16 AM

Wilson and the other manufacturers have to sell at MSRP as a way of protecting their dealers. They give the dealers a substantial discount and it's up to the respective dealer how much of that discount they want to share with the purchaser.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:19 AM

I have bought off of gunbroker and have always been satisfied. However, in many instances the gun pictured is not the gun you will receive. So if "born on" date or other info is important to you, you have to do your research and ask questions before you buy.
Old 01-21-2020, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

Like others suggested, check the reputation of the seller, look at the feedbacks. A potential buyer can ask for the serial number of the actual gun for sale, then contact Wilson Combat and ask them the history of that serial number.

Selling below MSRP even for a Wilson is nothing new. The new car business do it all the time.
Old 01-29-2020, 08:47 AM
Super Moderator

To support what RickyT said.................

This is from my wife and I from 35 years retail. If a brick and mortar does not have some kind of online presence there brick and mortar will close. Online is a great addition to retail. 90% of what we "recycle" is online now. Could not pay the overhead to maintain the storefront presence.

Just follow my tag line of "Do Your Research.........."

1. Somehow or some way check out the seller. Many listings are from individuals who are "recycling" to fund something. Others are making a living. Check out your seller. Individuals on line is a FANTASTIC way to find treasures.

2. REMEMBER. Best Price is NOT the Best Value. There is always a reason for a discount and your undying gratitude has ZERO to do with it. Many of us who frequent this forum have found countless fantastic treasures on line. JUST use common sense.

3. If individual is reselling check out feedback. Ask Questions, Ask for a picture of some part of the gun not shown. We get that constantly. Online works this way for us.

3a. Example. We have had multiple of our hi dollar listed copied exactly and reposted on Arms List and about 75% less. Hmm.. Does not take a rocket scientist to figure that out. But Yet......... We get about two emails a month from folks asking if we listed that item and there is a different name listing it.. DUH. If you ever wonder why sometimes sellers conceal serial numbers, to prevent being accused of fraud in civil actions is one reason. Another, the internet is INTERNATIONAL. Yes, we have had "Do you ship to 'Name a country'" Have had two from the United Kingdom and several from below the equator over the past 5 years.

4. If it is a Pay Site such as Gun Broker, Guns International, there is much less chance on a scammer. Scammers hate to spend anything and the registration is phony. Free sites such as Arms List picked up the moniker "Scam List" for a reason. Free sites have more scammer whether a forum with a new member or ad site. Check out your seller whether pay or free site PERIOD.

Don't have fear of online purchases just use a bit a caution as you may pay a bit more from a trusted seller then a bit less from a non rated, new seller or someone who will not answer your questions.

Thanks and hope this helps

Last edited by PT-Partners; 01-29-2020 at 08:54 AM.
Old 01-31-2020, 01:05 PM

I've bought dozens of Wilson, NH's and Ed Brown's of GB without and issues or concerns
I'm a 1911 addict -- 9mm's: Volkmann Combat Carry, Ed Brown Kobra Carry, WC Sentinel Compact, WC ULCC, WC Bobtail Professional, WC EDC X9S, NH T4, NH Counselor, Staccato C and a G43 -- 38 Super's: WC Professional, WC Stealth, WC CQB Elite, DW CBOB, WC Sentinel Compact and a mid 70's Colt Commander (for a build, off to NH already)
Old 02-01-2020, 10:11 PM

Wholesale Hunter -most likely- does NOT have the pistol in their possession. Read their fine print. They are listing inventory from distributors (probably Sports South, Zanders, RSR, and/or others), and then drop ship from the distributor to your local dealer. Read the fine print.

I've been one of the "Top 10" Elite Dealers for Wilson Combat for the past several years, and I also obtain inventory of 'normal' guns from Sports South. I list items on Gunbroker and my webpage.

One of the requirements for being a Wilson Combat Elite Dealer is to advertise their merchandise at full MSRP..... if you see a Wilson on Gunbroker that you like, CALL the seller if they have their contact info listed, ALL prices are negotiable.

Lastly, remember the principle of "Good, Fast, Cheap - Pick Two".

John
Old 02-02-2020, 07:40 AM

AR-Black, that has been my experience with Wholesale Hunter. I have called several times about a specific gun and they tell you they do not have the gun in their possession, they have to obtain it from a distributor. So in essence, they have "no skin in the game", no cost of inventory, they are truly just a middle man. And I don't think their prices are that good.
Old 02-02-2020, 09:47 AM

Check the sellerís GB ratings and feedback.
Take the time to email and actually speak to whoever you end up dealing with for whatever firearm youíre considering, and get your questions answered.
Iíve done a decent amount of business on GB with individuals and dealers and havenít had any issues.

Btw: Iíve done some business with our own Terry from PT-partners above...(one of my Wilsons and Guncrafter came from Terry) straight Ďshooterí and a true pleasure to do business with...

Last edited by Plantar5; 02-02-2020 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-02-2020, 09:53 AM

I got a great deal on my WC from Cajun Concealed on GB, No problems. I recieved every bit and piece as it came from the factory, warranty and all.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk