Rotation - Page 3 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-09-2020, 06:17 AM

As stated numerous times....not truly a rotation. My PPS Classic is inside my waistband 90% of the time. I will sometimes catch a bug to carry my ULC Commander or my P99AS. I refer to those two in my head as “in my rotation”, the terminology is not correct. Perhaps “on my carry ‘menu’” is more accurate.

I have several that are not on the “menu”. I’ll never conceal my M45A1 or any number of my Beretta M9 variants. They aren’t in my carry thought process.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:21 AM

Retired LE, have carried so long that is doesn't seem right to leave home without carrying.....
Summers can be brutal hot/humid here, so pocket carry of my Kahr PM9 is just about every day. Shorts/t-shirt or fishing shirt is everyday wear.

Cooler weather allowing regular clothing with vests/jackets whatever allow for more, and easier to shoot hardware, which for me is almost always some sort of 1911.
Currently a RIA 1911 5" .38 Super that's had some basic work done to it.

Fortunate in that I have my own range and regularly practice and run drills.
Old 01-09-2020, 07:02 AM

I would not say I exactly rotate, but I carry based on situation. My primary conceal carry is either a 9mm Shield or 45 Shield. I live in SE Texas, so most of the year is hot and humid, short & t shirt weather. The Shield 9 serves perfect for this. Sometimes a Ruger LCR 38 works as well. In the little winter we have, if I am wearing a jacket I carry my CZ P07 9mm. The other day I also carried my Beretta LTT Elite under a jacket. I also carry the P07 concealed while serving on TX Army National Guard duty (we are authorized).
Old 01-09-2020, 09:57 AM

Being a gun guy, I carry different guns all the time. Basically based on what I feel like carrying that day. Usually some sort of Glock, HK VP series, or 1911.

I don't own any guns I don't shoot well. As much as I like Revolvers, I rarely carry one due to lack of capacity.

Ideally, I should carry and shoot the same gun all the time, but what fun is that?
Old 01-09-2020, 12:52 PM

Amen to this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dump1567 View Post
Being a gun guy, I carry different guns all the time. Basically based on what I feel like carrying that day. Usually some sort of Glock, HK VP series, or 1911.

I don't own any guns I don't shoot well. As much as I like Revolvers, I rarely carry one due to lack of capacity.

Ideally, I should carry and shoot the same gun all the time, but what fun is that?
And I thought that I was the only person here that carried according to whatever took my fancy on any given day.
Old 01-09-2020, 02:47 PM

My carry choice is usually based on what I am wearing. I live in Central Florida where it can be quite hot and humid and I really don't have the physique for concealing a full size service pistol or even most 1911s. Generally, I wear shorts or Levis, tee shirts or untucked short-sleeve sports shirts even in the Winter. When it gets extremely cold here, I might have to wear a sweat shirt, long pants and a windbreaker. Most of the time I carry a Sig P365. When dressed in shorts and tee shirt, it's a Sig P938 or a Sig P238.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:34 PM

I carry one gun, a Kahr K9. I've carried it for many years. I do have different holsters that I use depending on what I wear. Does that count as a rotation?
Old 01-09-2020, 08:54 PM

I have a few favorites, but also indulge in playing the field occasionally with any good handguns with which I am familiar. I am a hobbyist. I can indulge whims.

Summer/winter carry does not enter into decisions on which handgun gets toted.

It's fine to carry the same side arm always, but coming down against other folks' carry rotation habit only shows a certain insecure dithering.
Old 01-09-2020, 10:13 PM

THE ONLY "rotation" I engaged in was when I was doing UC work. Depending on the deal I was working and how potentially bad the folks were I was running with I either carried my Colt Commander LW or the Star PD.
The Commander was carried when the risk was high
and
the Star when it wasn't quite so high.

The only difference was one carried more bullets than the other.
but
neither looked like "A Cop's gun".
Old 01-10-2020, 02:04 PM

At night on the bike In warm weather I carried the Redhawk 5.5” 44 mag. In the cold weather I carried a Redhawk 7.5” 44 mg. Other times it’s a cz82/9mm mak, security six snubby in 357. The 1911 may get into the pond but not often.

When I was carrying the 1911 more I was switching magazines more than guns.

Gun Safety never sleeps or takes a day off, be safe do it right......
Old 01-10-2020, 07:46 PM

Plus one

I don't rotate my EDC but I do add an extra mag and a backup pistole on my ankle especially at night when my family is with me
Old 01-10-2020, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodeepsam View Post
Based on the following criteria:

Most importantly:
Wife gets first choice, and I get the leftover.
Grow a pair, you cuck.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:59 PM

I carry 4 or 5 different guns depending on circumstances and how much weight
I feel like carrying, There is only one thing that is consistent, they are all 1911's.
It is what I'm comfortable with and the controls are always the same. My only rule is
be comfortable with what I'm carrying.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:31 PM

Hobbyists that carry their favorite "gun of the day" are still better than not carrying at all. Most likely, a person that has dumped quite a bit of cash into numerous guns is also somewhat proficient. Ill go out on a limb and say they are more proficient than the sleeze bag he may get in an altercation with. After all, criminals are stupid and carry a Bersa Thunder. Shouldn't be too hard to work around that. Carry what you want when you want...…advantage good guy.
Old 01-20-2020, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight Medic View Post
Grow a pair, you cuck.
Yep, that's a problem...I have to buy my guns in pairs...

Old 01-20-2020, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawman1 View Post
I carry 4 or 5 different guns depending on circumstances and how much weight
I feel like carrying, There is only one thing that is consistent, they are all 1911's.
It is what I'm comfortable with and the controls are always the same. My only rule is
be comfortable with what I'm carrying.
I assume you don't carry them all at the same time.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro.45 View Post
...After all, criminals are stupid and carry a Bersa Thunder...
Gotta know the rest of the story. How bad was yours?
Old 01-21-2020, 09:59 AM

I would not say I have a set rotation. However, when I do change it is situation based. Since I live in SE Texas the majority of the year I am in short and a t-shirt. So M&P Shield or Ruger LCR are my main carry. While I am on Army National Guard duty I conceal carry a CZ P07 9mm. Since it has been cooler weather lately and I have actually needed to wear a jacket, I have carried the P07 more. I would love to have just one gun that I sue all the time, but it just does not work for me.
Old 01-23-2020, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco1911 View Post
Gotta know the rest of the story. How bad was yours?
It wasn't, we just had a member notice on Live PD, that a large number of dumbasses that were apprehended were packing Thunders. The intelligence level of these fools was not directly related to their weapon choice. It was more a matter of affordability since a pile of crack was more important than a fine weapon.
Old 01-24-2020, 12:43 PM

The irony is that a venerable police detective advised my wife to get a... Bersa Thunder. That was many years ago though, before crazy recent sales pushes on .380 models (only).

So guessing that's what these guys were carrying. But must be just wannabe thugs because real ones would acquire on the street.

The quality, fit, finish and operation of hers is comparable to any well-made pistol. Now if you'd said Kel-Tec, not even a second thought to that.
Old 01-24-2020, 05:48 PM

I alternate back and forth between an FN Hi Power MkIII and a Series 80 1911. Area of town and possible threats dictate which. Recently, my son and I had to travel to a rough part of town. I switched out the 1911 for the Hi Power and two magazines of 9BPLE. An advantage of my rotation is that I'm able to use the same leather for both.
Old 01-24-2020, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
I rotate whenever I need to show off my cool guns.
Old 01-25-2020, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
I rotate whenever I need to show off my cool guns.
Ahhhh....barbecue guns! Good point.....
Old 01-26-2020, 10:23 PM

The only thing I like about winter is I carry owb most all of the time. Much more comfortable. It’s a HK vp40 or Glock 30 Gen 4. In summer it’s a Glock 19 gen4 iwb appendix most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2020, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flechero View Post
My "rotation" isn't a true rotation, it's based purely on dress code. I have a handful of gun and holster options and each has limits to how they conceal with specific attire.
Pretty much this ^