My Car Took a Hit - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-02-2020, 06:41 PM

My Car Took a Hit

New Year's Day festivities near some rougher parts of Cleveland OH. One of several hits in our fair community ...

Stuff like this gives people a reason to think that guns don't belong in the hands of people. Our mayor's house got hit and he lost a window. Of course, these guys aren't going to give up anything when attempts to control are imposed. But the story will fit the narrative.

Most likely a ballistic trajectory or so; bullet appeared to strike the interior at roughly vertical direction. Officer and I both thought 40 cal or 10 mm (he took the bullet).
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0795.jpeg   IMG_0796.jpeg  

Last edited by DesmoAndrew; 01-02-2020 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-02-2020, 06:48 PM

Jesus some people are dumb, shoot that freaking ground at least. I'm sorry about your car man, I parked mine inside my grandparents place just to make sure something like that didn't happen.
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland
Old 01-02-2020, 07:01 PM

Geez, sounds like Detroit, lead fireworks..

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2020, 07:12 PM

Reminds me of videos from the Middle East of all the idiots firing off 30 round mags with AK's as they "celebrate".

Unbelievable.
Old 01-02-2020, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSOtto View Post
Reminds me of videos from the Middle East of all the idiots firing off 30 round mags with AK's as they "celebrate".

Unbelievable.
Iím in Columbus and it sounds like a battle raging on New Yearís.
Old 01-02-2020, 07:40 PM

Wonder if these "celebration" rounds were fired by thugs/gang member types ... or merely ordinary idiots.

Perhaps it makes little difference, as both pose obvious threats to everyone else and both provide fodder for gun-ban politicians and their leftists supporters.

"Freedom is only a temporary thing unless it is backed by the blunt capability and willingness to fight back against evil with sufficient arms." -- Myself
Old 01-02-2020, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyfromohio View Post
Iím in Columbus and it sounds like a battle raging on New Yearís.
I'm in Preble county and we have it too. Always love Christmas morning. You can tell who got a new gun from santa.
Old 01-02-2020, 08:08 PM

It does not matter all that much over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSOtto View Post

Unbelievable.
Everything is pretty well busted up any way. A few more holes will not make much difference

We had a depot in Baltimore MD for a long time. And we had Baltimore PD officers work security for us as a moonlight job. One of them confided to me one time. That standard procedure if you were out working New years eve. Was at fifteen minutes before midnight you went and found yourself a highway overpass to park under. You would then turn off your radio and sit there until fifteen minutes after midnight.
Old 01-02-2020, 08:28 PM

Many years ago, I was at a New Year's Eve party. There was lots of foolishness and alcohol. At 11:45, the host opened his gun cabinet and started passing out guns. I thanked him and left. I found out later that one of the revelers had blown off part of the fascia on the front of the house with a shotgun.
Old 01-02-2020, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
Everything is pretty well busted up any way. A few more holes will not make much difference

We had a depot in Baltimore MD for a long time. And we had Baltimore PD officers work security for us as a moonlight job. One of them confided to me one time. That standard procedure if you were out working New years eve. Was at fifteen minutes before midnight you went and found yourself a highway overpass to park under. You would then turn off your radio and sit there until fifteen minutes after midnight.
Wow......just wow.....
Old 01-02-2020, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysanthemum View Post
Wonder if these "celebration" rounds were fired by thugs/gang member types ... or merely ordinary idiots.

Perhaps it makes little difference, as both pose obvious threats to everyone else and both provide fodder for gun-ban politicians and their leftists supporters.
Pretty much this; complete idiots or thugs/gang members make no difference at all - the end result is the same.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 01-02-2020, 10:53 PM

I once found a .25 ACP slug when I was doing a repair on the roof of one of my rentals.

It probably was from this kind of stupidity.

So Wiki says a dropped bullet, falling straight down, has a terminal velocity of approx 330 FPS.

That's only 95 FPS slower than a shot from a .41 Rimfire derringer.

Could a headshot like this kill someone? I'm guessing that it could.
Old 01-03-2020, 04:11 AM

A former co-worker lived a block outside the Detroit city limits and learned this lesson in the early 80s. When he first bought his hot tub, he and his wife were soaking in it on New Year's Eve. They toasted the new year at midnight to the sound of gunshots from Detroit. Shortly afterwards, they heard rounds landing on their driveway, roof, and the deck beside their tub. They scampered into the house and have stayed inside every year since.
Old 01-03-2020, 04:22 AM

This kind of “celebratory” behavior feeds the argument that all civilians should be disarmed. I live out in the country and even here we had several people hurt and some property damage due to falling projectiles.
What idiots!!

"That which you come by too easily, you value too lightly."
Old 01-03-2020, 11:18 AM

You just cant fix Stupid. I live in a band of pine forest - I have cut back away from the house.
Our neighbors recently spend a lot of money on landscaping to build what looks like an outdoor pagan temple complete with Fire Pit & Tiki Torches - in a dense portion of the pine belt. Major Stupidity IMO. Oddly enough our mountain county does not have an outdoor burning ban.
Old 01-03-2020, 11:34 AM

I live in the woods also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crasig View Post
You just cant fix Stupid. I live in a band of pine forest - I have cut back away from the house.
Our neighbors recently spend a lot of money on landscaping to build what looks like an outdoor pagan temple complete with Fire Pit & Tiki Torches - in a dense portion of the pine belt. Major Stupidity IMO. Oddly enough our mountain county does not have an outdoor burning ban.
And we rarely have burn bans in effect. Most people have enough sense to know better, but not always. We still have an occasional knuckle head burning at the wrong time. Some ding dong had to have fire department out here on the other side of the mountain from me a couple of years ago. I hope that they fined him.

More recently last year we had some idiots burning a big brush pile down the road from me right in the middle of a serious dry spell. I called the Sherriff's office on them. Not sure what went down but the fire was out pretty soon after I called. I wanted to set some fireworks off the other night, but figured it was too dry. Blew of a few magazines though, into the hillside!
Old 01-03-2020, 01:05 PM

Yes, If you're gonna shoot, do it with a safe backstop.

This shooting up in the air like movie banditos is mui loco.
Old 01-03-2020, 01:16 PM

A few years ago on New Years day, in Atlanta, I walked out to my truck and on the ground next to the drivers door was a rifle projectile. Just missed the truck by a foot or so