1911Forum banner

1 shot stop video

25K views 100 replies 87 participants last post by  JOE HOLCOMB 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I'd never wish that situation on anyone. No matter how prepared I may feel, I get a serious pit in my chest and stomach just thinking about it after watching that. I wish there was a way to advertise videos like this to bad guys.

#6 ·
Wow... What a shot.... I wonder what incapacitated him so quickly with a single shot? Lucky shot placement?

#15 ·
I love that the cop immediately gets second-guessed. Talk to him? You're one-tenth of a second away from him shooting you, and you want to talk??

+1 on action quicker than reaction. Cop did a great job and the perp got what he deserved. He was so casual about the robbery as he was a ROBBER who's victims usually gave him what he wanted!

Brazil is loaded with crime and lots of gunfights. Glad this one ended well.

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
My wife lived in Brazil for a while when she was younger, and her two very best friends just recently moved back there. That place is the wild west, no -------. Not sure if I agree with the cop just knocking the BG on his ass without giving at least a verbal command first (he had the BG dead to rights before he even turned around, and BG's gun was still down when he turned), but I'm not one to second guess anyone in a situation like this. Without audio who knows, maybe he did...the video is just grainy enough to make it tough to see if his mouth was moving. Either way, it was very fast paced, and a deadly threat was there without question. With the massively high levels of violent crime there, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if their department policy is one step shy of "shoot first, ask questions later." Different country, different public perception.

Damn fine shooting, though. Good for him.

#19 ·
It seemed like the cop got it right to me.

And left handed too. :D

#20 ·
Is it all backwards because it is south of the equator? Kinda like a toilet bowl swirling the other direction?

Situational awareness is important if you are a bad guy, too. Guns out, he's fair game.

#23 ·
-FREEZE! and don't make any sudden moves.

-Drop it! Police!

-Don't move or I'll shoot!

-REACH FOR THE SKY!

-BANG! The off duty cop goes home at the end of the day because he has the edge.

Decisions-decisions, what to do? Yeah, he should've given it more thought:rofl:

The BG already threatened and robbed the clerk @ gunpoint, the cop had the shot and bam! He takes it. Why chance a hostage situation?

You go Brazilian five-O!

#71 ·
Would he have done the same thing had it been a 13 year old girl?

#25 ·
Looks to me like the perp's hand were coming up when the cop fired. Cleanest of clean shoots, IMMO (in my meaningless opinion).

There's a word for people who wring their hands and worry that the cop shot too fast or should have given the perp a chance to surrender or fight: "Deceased".

#26 ·
Amazing shot placement and great reaction time made sure that everyone (except the BG) came out OK on this one. Bravo 5-0!

#31 ·
Cop should have waited for the bg to shoot at him first.... NOT

#33 ·
Nice shoot. That cop was cool as a cucumber. Im guessing the recividism rate is much lower in Brazil.
The perp was the one person who had control over that situation. He wanted to steal and possibly murder, he got what he had coming. The cop didnt owe that piece of garbage a warning or anything else.

#35 · (Edited)
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

And it must have been a 45, the guy's shoe flew off. We all know a 45 will knock you out of a pair of laced combat boots, those flipflops never stood a chance.

Oh, and keeping the weapon at ready is proper until he's lacking a pulse. Ricky Robber could have a piece stuck in his belt "bandito" style. Watch closely, the cop makes him open the hoody and untuck. It wasn't to check the wound, boys. There's no code among thieves that says "Thou shalt carry only one Roscoe"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.