Dues - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-02-2019, 06:20 PM

Dues

My dues are paid. On 25 February my dues went to you via automated prepaid PayPal. Someone acknowledge I’m asking for help. One year ago this happened and now the same issue. Find a fix or ditch the PayPal link. A year to fix a problem is adequate. I expect my expiration date to be extended to match the days of lost credit.

This is the only way to communicate my issue. The link to report paid dues issues is not available to us when the dues are not credited. pm messages are also not available.

Last edited by STORM2; 03-02-2019 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-02-2019, 06:44 PM

Uh, Oh. Clean up on Isle #2! IIRC it took awhile for my paid membership thingy to show up as well.
Dan Wesson Valor (2009) Valor #46 Cotep #184
Springfield TRP 10mm 6" RMR
Old 03-02-2019, 07:27 PM

We (buyers/sellers) move $ in minutes every day between each other. I pay Red in Australia in seconds. These folks have had 6 days. Don’t blame PayPal, their system works for everyone else. If you can’t find a fix in a year you need to replace the folks assigned that task. Vertical Scope owns 1911 and Colt Forums. I paid Colt Fourm the same way and they posted credit in less than an hour. Knock, knock, follow the money trail to the roadblock and do something.

Last edited by STORM2; 03-02-2019 at 08:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2019, 12:37 PM

Dues

5 banking days since I paid. No response, no paid access. Someone speak up and acknowledge my request. Remember I cannot send forum pm messages and I donít have off net email addresses. When is the last time you gave someone $50 and were ignored for 8 days?
Old 03-04-2019, 09:01 PM

There is no reaching admin here.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
There is no reaching admin here.
Yep, I had to dump pm file to send SOS for help. They were on auto pay and still couldnít get it right.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:10 AM
Administrator

The notice at the top of the page states that if your membership is not added within 24 hours, click the link and PM us.

We'll look into it.

- JB
Old 03-05-2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb1911forum View Post
The notice at the top of the page states that if your membership is not added within 24 hours, click the link and PM us.

We'll look into it.

- JB
If our pm box has more than the allowed free msg count, we cannot use that link....it just a short cut to a pm address. We pay so we can have the extra storage (200). If the paid member is at 150 msg count itís ok except when our payment is not credited. If the payment is not credited we must dump 51 messages in order to send one help message. That SOS link should bypass the message limit. We canít call for help after you cut that ďif we mess up your paymentĒ link.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:35 AM

Thanks to whomever found my dues and put it in the til. Service restored on 5 March. Paid on 24 February.
Old 03-06-2019, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Users above their PM storage can still send and receive PM's to/from Admin accounts.
Old 03-06-2019, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Users above their PM storage can still send and receive PM's to/from Admin accounts.
I tried that, no joy. The message said I was over my limit. I donít want to argue the point. Payments processing are below par. The fact that a masthead exists disclaiming PayPal connectivity clearly indicated the problem exists and site staff knows about it and have for a year. I refuse to believe I am the only person who this happened to two years in a row. I am QRT.
Old 03-07-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STORM2 View Post
I tried that, no joy. The message said I was over my limit. I donít want to argue the point. Payments processing are below par. The fact that a masthead exists disclaiming PayPal connectivity clearly indicated the problem exists and site staff knows about it and have for a year. I refuse to believe I am the only person who this happened to two years in a row. I am QRT.
I never could get it to work, or get any satisfaction out of anybody, so I finally gave up. It's a heck of a thing when you want to give somebody money and they just don't want to take it!

Joe
NRA Benefactor Member
"Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat"
Old 03-08-2019, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by STORM2 View Post
Looks like your membership was added on the 5th. You're good to 2020.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepilot View Post
I never could get it to work, or get any satisfaction out of anybody, so I finally gave up. It's a heck of a thing when you want to give somebody money and they just don't want to take it!
Could not get the page itself to work, or you paid for it and it wont show on the account?

_ JB
Old 03-08-2019, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Could not get the page itself to work, or you paid for it and it wont show on the account?
The latter. I paid, via paypal. Nothing happened. Tried again. Nothing happened. Sent a message. Nothing happened. At that point I gave up.

Joe
NRA Benefactor Member
"Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat"
Old 03-08-2019, 07:09 PM

I think I’ll send cash to the VS CEO next year. In fact, why don’t I do it now so they have time to count the pennys. Can you send US pennys to Canada, or will I need to get Canadian pennies?
Old 03-11-2019, 11:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepilot View Post
The latter. I paid, via paypal. Nothing happened. Tried again. Nothing happened. Sent a message. Nothing happened. At that point I gave up.
Hello there,

I am going to send you a PM regarding this.

Ed