Can NOT upload a photo - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-05-2019, 09:44 PM

Can NOT upload a photo

I didn't see a forum support section, hope I didn't miss it......

I absolutely CAN NOT upload a picture to this forum.....the software appears to be the same as used by a couple other forums I frequent and have no problems there. Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Everything appears hunky dory until I identify the file to upload, then is chugs away for a while, seems to be going well, then a pop up window comes up and says a secure connection failed.......

Thanks

Lon
Old 03-05-2019, 10:00 PM

Photobucket

Not a Glock armorer!
Old 03-05-2019, 10:03 PM

Photo uploads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelhunde View Post
I didn't see a forum support section, hope I didn't miss it......

I absolutely CAN NOT upload a picture to this forum.....the software appears to be the same as used by a couple other forums I frequent and have no problems there. Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Everything appears hunky dory until I identify the file to upload, then is chugs away for a while, seems to be going well, then a pop up window comes up and says a secure connection failed.......
Teufelhunde,

Which controls are you using? When uploading a photo [rarely - usually just paste a link from a photo-server], I use the attachment control/button found just above the textfield frame (paperclip icon). That has been reliably working for me (see attached).

What browser are you using? ‘Safari’ is what I’m using now; but ‘Chrome’ has worked for U/L’ing images using the approach outlined above. Not sure I’ve U/L’d images using the other browsers that otherwise behave well with this site.
Attached Thumbnails
9C988E0B-3417-41C3-960E-68EC89184667.jpeg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2019, 10:44 PM

You have two options to post pics.

1. You have the photo icon that lets you attach previously uploaded pics from 3rd party sites like Tinypc, or Photobucket.

2. When you go to make a post, you need to go advanced to see all the other board options. You can click on upload attachments, and that will open another browser window letting you pick a picture from your computer, and upload it to the forum. If you copy the link of the uploaded pic, you can then clock the photo icon and paste the link in. You could also get away with just uploading and letting people click on it of they want to see a bigger pic.

Without photo icon and C&Ping link...
Attached Thumbnails
Untitledfgfg.jpg  
1911forum member #7
ACCEPT NOTHING LESS THAN FULL VICTORY!"
General Dwight D. Eisenhower June 6, 1944
Old 03-05-2019, 10:45 PM

With using the icon and link.
1911forum member #7
ACCEPT NOTHING LESS THAN FULL VICTORY!"
General Dwight D. Eisenhower June 6, 1944
Old 03-05-2019, 11:15 PM

I'm wondering the same. I didn't know you could even upload a photo on here. I can't find the paper clip icon above the text-field frame, though, either with the main reply or the quick reply.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:17 PM

When I go advanced, I don't see all the other options shown in Jason D's post.
Old 03-06-2019, 02:08 AM

From my phone,
I can choose a pic from
MY FILES
and select the pic, whether a
SCREEN SHOT or PIC.
Attached Thumbnails
20180810_185206_1551855897105.jpg  
Old 03-06-2019, 11:39 AM
Administrator

@Equin What browser/device are you using?

I see them fine on my end using Chrome in the "Go advanced" screen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 11.39.17 AM.png
Views:	2
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	548860

Niall
Old 03-06-2019, 11:32 PM

My reply field doesn't look like yours, vb1911forum. I'm using Safari with the macOS Mojave operating system on a MacBook Air.

Also, a somewhat separate issue is that when I use my iPhone 6, I can access the forums but I can't post anything for some reason. There is no "reply" button for me to click on to post. Not sure if that's somehow related, but I thought I'd mention it.
Old 03-06-2019, 11:39 PM

I'm on Google Chrome now and still have the same problem. My reply field is limited, even in advanced reply mode, and I don't have the paper clip icon.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:04 AM

That sounds like not logged-in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equin View Post
My reply field doesn't look like yours, vb1911forum. I'm using Safari with the macOS Mojave operating system on a MacBook Air.

Also, a somewhat separate issue is that when I use my iPhone 6, I can access the forums but I can't post anything for some reason. There is no "reply" button for me to click on to post. Not sure if that's somehow related, but I thought I'd mention it.
‘Safari’, though on an iPad, is what I use; looks much like what can be seen of ‘Jason D’s screen. Some of that is controlled by settings accessible through the ‘User CP’ -> ‘Edit Options’. This -might- take you there:

https://forums.1911forum.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Some of it may be from the “Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing”.

The iPhone situation sounds like not logged-in.
Old 03-07-2019, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Hello there,

Go to Control Panel>Edit Options>Message Editor Interface

From there, try switching the settings for the "Message Editor Interface". The default settings in "Enhanced", so perhaps try Standard or Basic and see if that improves.

Ed
Old 03-09-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgt_usa View Post
‘Safari’, though on an iPad, is what I use; looks much like what can be seen of ‘Jason D’s screen. Some of that is controlled by settings accessible through the ‘User CP’ -> ‘Edit Options’. This -might- take you there:

My User CP didn't have the "Edit Options" available, but your link worked! Thanks!
Old 03-09-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb1911forum View Post
Hello there,

Go to Control Panel>Edit Options>Message Editor Interface

From there, try switching the settings for the "Message Editor Interface". The default settings in "Enhanced", so perhaps try Standard or Basic and see if that improves.

Ed
I chose "Enhanced" and it works. Thanks!
Old 03-09-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgt_usa View Post

Forgot to mention that I'm logged in while on my iPhone but it still won't let me post or reply. If I delete the cache and history, and then re-login, I can post. But once I do, it goes back to the same problem. I have a 3 1/2 year old iPhone 6 if that matters.
Old 03-09-2019, 01:45 PM

You’re welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equin View Post
My User CP didn't have the "Edit Options" available, but your link worked! Thanks!
All in the title .. except ... appreciate your response because I was 1/4 worried it would take you to *my* settings. ;- )

(Okay ... <1/4 ... my username wasn’t in the URL ;- )

Last edited by tgt_usa; 03-09-2019 at 01:47 PM.
Old 03-09-2019, 01:53 PM

Html is hard
Like my new rpk?
Old 03-11-2019, 01:39 PM
Administrator

@Equin On your IPhone are you using the enhanced mobile view or the desktop view?

Niall
Old 03-12-2019, 10:17 PM

Thanks for that tip! The iPhone was using enhanced mobile view. I just switched to desktop view and can now post.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:03 AM

Thanks for the info gentlemen, haven't posted a photo since I dumped the Photobucket !

P1020008.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
P1020008.jpg