1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 02-03-2018, 04:53 PM

Login issues and new registration.

Hi again folks.
I originally registered back in November but I think my account was deleted this week.
I had an issue logging in. The system would not accept my password. Then when i tried to retrieve it from the link available it told me my email address wasn’t recognized.
So I decide to try and register again using the same username and it allowed me to. So I guess I must have been dumped from the system at some point.
Has anyone experienced this?
Admin, was this something on my part that caused the account removal?
Anyway, glad to be back.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:54 AM

Welcome to our 1911 forum from Italy.

Safe shooting.
Old 02-04-2018, 08:15 AM
Administrator

The staff has taken no action against you that I'm aware of . We're looking into it .
Thanks for reporting .

We remember our friends Art , Chuck , Jim , John , Lou , Roger & Stephen .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2018, 12:30 PM

Welcome, and I'm glad you got registered.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:25 PM

Howdy from Tomball, Texas.

Horace and Alexander Suvorov
Old 02-04-2018, 05:01 PM

Welcome to the forum.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:11 PM

Welcome to the forum
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Reagan
Old 02-05-2018, 10:24 AM

Welcome aboard from North Carolina!
Old 02-05-2018, 11:37 AM

Welcome to the Club!

I too got my account deleted, no notice, no e-mail, no PM, no nothing.

Thought I had got the banana-hammer, but one of the vbadmins Erik (how many of them are there????) told me no, no bannation action against me. That was a relief!

Sounds like the same thing happened to a bunch of people. Hopefully it won't affect the site by people deciding to leave and never come back.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTG-06B View Post

Sounds like the same thing happened to a bunch of people. Hopefully it won't affect the site by people deciding to leave and never come back.
Yes, the same thing is happening to several members. They all appear to be relatively new members. The vB tech staff has assured us they are working to fix the problem.

NRA Life Member
Old 02-05-2018, 12:55 PM

also had the same log in issue

I signed up for merchant subscription and was unable to log in or reset my password for several days until today. Admins, I have the same question, did I do something to initiate this that I am unaware of?
Old 02-05-2018, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Sorry for the hassle .

Quote:
Originally Posted by APWGM View Post
I signed up for merchant subscription and was unable to log in or reset my password for several days until today. Admins, I have the same question, did I do something to initiate this that I am unaware of?
On site staff is doing their best but we don't handle the money/subscriptions . We continue sending alerts to the owner's people .

Suggesting you make contact in the "Notices" box at the top of the page . This goes direct to the subscriptions people .

Quote:
Notices

Attention if you have renewed your paid membership on the site but it has not taken effect within 24 hours please send the tech account a private message here to get your account corrected and for further instruction. There is a connectivity error with Paypal and the site

Thank you from the management

Old 06-03-2018, 04:13 PM

When I tried to login today, my password was not recognized. When I used the link to fix, the password again was not recognized. Finally I got it working!
But folks the juice is just barely worth the squeeze. If it keeps happening, there are other forums out there that don't seem to have these problems. If it matters, I would volunteer some time to help those with similar problems, but not an admin here so little I can do.
jcole3
Old 06-05-2018, 11:38 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcole3 View Post
When I tried to login today, my password was not recognized. When I used the link to fix, the password again was not recognized. Finally I got it working!
But folks the juice is just barely worth the squeeze. If it keeps happening, there are other forums out there that don't seem to have these problems. If it matters, I would volunteer some time to help those with similar problems, but not an admin here so little I can do.
jcole3
Sorry you're having trouble .
We're not receiving this complaint from other members so I'll have one of the tech people take a look . They will most likely send you a pm .

Old 06-06-2018, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Hey there

Whether you are logged in or not, this is controlled by cookies. So it could be that your browser is set up to not allow cookies from the site, or is clearing them too regularly. Check your settings, and if they are good then it could a corrupted cookie file causing it, so try cleaning out cookies and cache for your browser.

Also be sure to check off the 'Remember Me' box next to your login info.

If you still cannot reset your password or email, please PM us or use the "contact us" button at the bottom of the forum and we will decipher the issue for you.

Ed
Old 07-04-2018, 08:29 PM

I too have had many log-in problems since 7 Dec 2017 when my ISP was changed.
I was unable to contact the webmaster or anyone else to change my address from old ISP to new.
Have not been able to receive the Community Bulletin even though I receive msg that I am now a subscriber.
How does one change their email address when unable to sign on 7 receive a new password when "LOCKED OUT".
Recently was forced to create new account just to get on site finding that I'm unable to retrieve my prior user name so I may view prior history/private messages etc.

I really would appreciate some help in getting the Community Bulletin since I've been a member since 2004... but never get a reply 2 queries from anyone.