Help!! My older 3 gun pistol box is no MORE!!! - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 07-22-2011, 10:01 PM

Help!! My older 3 gun pistol box is no MORE!!!

I need to buy a 3 gun pistol box that is not that expensive but is of good quality for my bulls eye league I shoot in.. I have the Spotting scope mount that I can transfer to the new box and good shoulder straps. I see some boxes that are just about complete and others that need everything. I am a little short on cash. I did not expect this to go and I just finished paying off my lifetime NRA membership. I bought 3 new Wolff magazines for my Les Baer 45ACP bulls Eye 1911 with the optics mount. The magazines that I had were not strong enough that the spring would not hold the slide stop up to keep the slide back after the last shot. It was a PITA. I Always count my shots but during the timed and rapid fire it was not a big deal as you have time to pull the slide back and lock it open for the load command. Les did not put a rear sight cut out so you could put a racker on it. So you have to work around the sight mount. I also just bought an extra magazine for my Kimber 1911 in a commander size.
So I dropped about $650 on Magazines NRA Membership plus 2000 rounds of Precision Delta JHP 124 grain 9MM that's another $158.00 and I got two replacement polarized filters for my two Ultradot Red Dot sites and I am sure of a few other things I forgot today. If I do not find out any good information from you fine shooters I will probably drop $213.00 for the 3 gun Strong Case SRC-2008 Aluminum 3 Gun Pistol Box from Bullseye Pistol Gear. I have purchased from them before and have had good luck.
Thanks for any help you can provide
Bob
Old 07-23-2011, 10:40 AM

Check out Gun Ho pistol boxes

They run about $130 and up. Once you open the link below, look on the left column tabs for Storage Box and clikc on Gun Ho....

http://www.theshootersbox.com

Last edited by richpetrone; 07-23-2011 at 10:44 AM.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:52 PM

http://www.mezzi.com/Gun-Cases

Hope this helps.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2011, 10:02 PM

I went shopping hard for a bullseye case 5 months ago;

I went to Champion Shooters where I buy ammo and other bullseye supplies, here at;
http://www.championshooters.com/stor...cat=318&page=1

Gun Ho is out of business now

Gil Hebard also went out of business a few years ago--all he makes now are the spotting scope holders.

Pachmyer stopped making them years ago,

Champions has the Sport Lock (low end) and the high end alum. cases by Competitor.

I bought the Sport Lock--it's lighter even though it doesn't look so on the specs (maybe a typo)

At first I thought it was too cheap, but decided to keep it. I added some clear tube over the alum. rod the guns rest on in the foam holder, and a small bungee over it, and am very happy now
Old 08-03-2011, 07:40 AM

I have a never-used 4-gun strong box that is a bit too big for me. I would trade it for a 3-gun regular sized box if you are interested.