1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2020, 11:41 PM
Banned

Does President Trump support the 2nd amendment?

We all know Harris doesn’t. But, does Trump? Opinions?
Old 08-13-2020, 12:29 AM

He is the better of the options. But his position on bump stocks and red flag laws (take the guns first and due process later) leave much to be desired.

Don Jr. is the one who is really pro gun...in the even he ever runs.
Old 08-13-2020, 01:14 AM
Banned

Dang. An honest answer. The NRA did push Trump to ban bump stocks. Because most people didn’t care. They chose the less of all evils.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2020, 04:40 AM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911Momo View Post
Do you seriously believe that he supports gun control?
Old 08-13-2020, 05:44 AM

Lets see, election year, 58 posts, joined in May, sounds like some Lefty is trolling with this thread, shameless and obvious attempt...But hey I could be wrong, so if not a lefty, then an incredibly (politically) ignorant individual.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 08-13-2020 at 06:35 AM.
Old 08-13-2020, 06:53 AM

YOu can't deny, can't even start to deny, that Trump has been worse on guns when actually doing something against guns than Obama ever was. Obama has lot's of bluster and got nothing done. Trump...He's been here and there...bump stocks and red flags especially w/o due process he's been horrible. Sitting next to Feinstein and metaphorically jerking her off under the table was quite telling.
But he's markedly resisted most of the rest of it so I give him credit there.

It's like this...I can roll my 2A dice on a Republican and take my chances. A democrat is a sure fire loss.
Old 08-13-2020, 07:21 AM

He has my vote.

Last edited by HarryO45; 08-13-2020 at 07:28 AM.
Old 08-13-2020, 07:27 AM

They don’t call him High Heels now do they?

He doesn’t plan to hire a Kamalatoes as a running mate.

He has a proven record... in his second term he will support the 2A and NRA even more.

The people believe it too. It is clear he is America’s best chance for America to stay American.

He has my vote this race, the next and the next.
Old 08-13-2020, 07:38 AM

Wow, a couple of surprising posts. Donald Trump has been a great 2A president. The NRA fully supports him. More importantly, think about the alternative. When you've got Joe Biden, who has publicly stated that he's coming for your guns, and an even more radical left running mate, how could any citizen who wants to keep and maintain the ability to defend himself and his/her family make any choice other than President Trump?

I agree with CA. Momo, do you even own a 1911? Are you really on the fence about which candidate is best for 2A? I'm amazed that you could even propose such a question. IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR GUNS, THEN VOTE FOR PRESIDENT TRUMP!!!
Old 08-13-2020, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper_29 View Post
YOu can't deny, can't even start to deny, that Trump has been worse on guns when actually doing something against guns than Obama ever was.
Obama's Supreme Court appointees, Kagan and Sotomayor, would eliminate the 2nd Amendment in a heartbeat. That is one of the reasons he picked them. You obviously don't even understand what supporting gun rights actually means.
Old 08-13-2020, 07:52 AM

Does Trump support 2A?? is a redundant question. When he was able to campaign, he rarely if ever left out stating out loud protecting 2A. Any opinion otherwise just hasn’t been paying attention or has been watching and listening to the wrong media stations/news.

Between covid19, riots, Defunding police, etc; I’d be curious to know the numbers of new gun owners who have now come on board, being pro 2A and pro Trump where in 2016 they were indifferent.
These people/voters are no longer indifferent and have seen the importance of self defense and their 2A rights which only President Trump will protect.

Law enforcement backing T isn’t a bad thing either.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911Momo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
Lets see, election year, 58 posts, joined in May, sounds like some Lefty is trolling with this thread, shameless and obvious attempt...But hey I could be wrong, so if not a lefty, then an incredibly (politically) ignorant individual.
Hold your horses, CA. The OP merely asked for opinions. He didn't imply (to me, anyway) that's he's anti-Trump. In fact, the most likely effect of his post is to bring forth an outpouring of Trump supportive posts. Which is a good thing, IMHO.

Harry045 said it best in Post #8:
"It is clear he is America’s best chance for America to stay American."

NRA Life Member
Old 08-13-2020, 08:02 AM

Nobody is absolutely perfect, but for those of us who cherish the US constitution and all our God-given rights, Trump is the only choice. We all know that the democrats have and will trample our constitution in a heartbeat if it serves their wants/needs. They are enemies of the people. It's as simple as that.

Joe
NRA Benefactor Member
"Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat"
Old 08-13-2020, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
This is exactly what I noticed, and concluded.
Equal opportunity, not equal outcome.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredRod View Post
Hold your horses, CA. The OP merely asked for opinions. He didn't imply (to me, anyway) that's he's anti-Trump. In fact, the most likely effect of his post is to bring forth an outpouring of Trump supportive posts. Which is a good thing, IMHO.
Look at his other posts before this thread. He is clearly argumentative and likes to push people's buttons to stir things up. Also, the "most likely effect" does not address his intentions.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:26 AM

Well... Trump is not quite as pro-2nd Amendment as I would like but look at it this way, how many presidents in my 50 something years of life have been members of the NRA or any other gun organization? Trump speaks at the annual NRA meetings, not as charismatic as I would like, but he is there which says a lot to me. Maybe his red flag comment was just him speaking without brain in gear. Anyone that doesn’t vote for Trump cause they are sore over the red flag comment or bump stock ban might as well just give Kamala a big wet kiss while Biden smells their hair. You can’t always have everything your way all the time. Not voting is just what the Democrats would want you to do.
As for the issue of trolls on this forum... I can’t imagine my life being so pathetic that I would waste my time (one of the most valuable things in life) screwing with leftists by visiting any of their forums or sites. But we are talking about lefties though.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredRod View Post

Harry045 said it best in Post #8:
"It is clear he is America’s best chance for America to stay American."
Well Rod, I have always admired your "soft-spoken" and kind way's on-line through the years, in a class of their own...Something for all of us to aspire to.

I hope you are right, last thing we need in this moment in space and time is to provide a consolidated thread for Trump-Bashing on a gun forum, too much is at stake in 2020, and too many here are working hard given their time and hard earned $$$ donations to POTUS' campaign.

After POTUS is re-elected, we have plenty of time, 4 years, to discussion what the "quintessential" AND "1,000%-PERFECT" Republican President will look-like for 2024. :-)...Now is not that time though...IMHO, of course.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 08-13-2020 at 08:30 AM.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:37 AM

Trump appointed pro-2A judges and verbally supports the NRA, that is true. And when everyone went bananas after the Las Vegas shooting, all that was done was a bump stock ban; could have been way worse.

But another important way Trump supports 2A is he’s very anti-PC and anti-establishment. The anti-gun crowd do their best to demonize gun ownership, they’re trying to make it odd for anyone to have a gun, to make guns outside social norms. That has an effect of banning guns from society without legislation. Trump has made it so it’s ok not to give a f*ck about what libtards think. Many people didn’t care before, but some less antagonistic folks used to cower to social pressure. Now they got cover. When your president calls out fake news on the daily, openly blasts America’s foreign and domestic enemies, people absorb some of this attitude and straighten up their backs a little more. Some hate Trump for it, but for others it’s the first time since ever we got a president who doesn’t cower to the swamp.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:48 AM

Edit: well said, 15roundsof9.

Another thing to consider re the Trump/pro-2A discussion is the fact that he has to play a political game. His audience is the entire US voting population, with the widest possible degree of diversity of viewpoints on everything, including guns. He needs to be re-elected in under three months, and has to thread the needle as far as voter perception of him. So this alone will force him to be a bit more centrist than he would like.

Fortunately, more people are buying guns now than even before, including Democrats who would never have bought one even a year ago. We can thank the Leftists/Marxists who have taken over the Dem party for this. They are driving voters to the right--or at least to not vote Dem and stay home. A Trump landslide is very likely IMO.

Trump is playing chess with the Demarxists. They know they will inevitably lose, so they have simply upset the chessboard. Chaos in the blue cities, chaos in the election process itself, chaos in the aftermath. The Dems have war-gamed secession of blue states and setting up Biden/Harris as their President. They will claim Creepy Joe/Heels Up won the popular vote (via mail-in voter fraud) and that is what really matters. This is why they want to get rid of the Electoral College--easier to defraud us of our vote. Marxism (or worse) forever.

The Demarxists are so desperate this time around because they know that a Trump re-election is the end for many of them. All the treason, sedition, pedophilia and even worse is going to come out. Some of all this is coming out now, and will influence the election in a positive way for patriots. Expect to see some very influential people getting on private jets just before and after the election.

Last edited by TominMO; 08-13-2020 at 08:52 AM.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:16 AM

Best chance to keep/stay American but signaling Trump as pro 2A is a stretch and his record proves it. He's the best thing going in this election hands down by far but I'm not buying his 2A record as anything but mediocre. I can roll the dice on him and sleep just fine, the Biden ticket is just horrible for all sorts of things.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:17 AM

@TominMO
Glad Trump is there to deal with them instead of someone like Romney or Jeb. Can you imagine the so called bipartisan crap they would sign onto with all this turmoil? Anything for a lukewarm editorial from the New York Slimes.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:25 AM

Although I voted for him I never felt he was best friends with gun owners. He appeals to us for votes but the bump stock ban pissed me off even though I don't use one its something I don't need from a President I voted for. In his world he doesn't concern himself with a need for a firearm like most of us do. We're our first responder we don't have Secret Service agents. I think he should be more out front in support of the 2A and gun owners who are constantly under attack from the left. If I want bans on bump stocks, firearms etc I need to look no further than Phil "Butthead" Murphy running my state where btw JHP is illegal to use for self defense unless you're a cop. He better win or its more trouble.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TominMO View Post

The Demarxists are so desperate this time around because they know that a Trump re-election is the end for many of them. All the treason, sedition, pedophilia and even worse is going to come out. Some of all this is coming out now, and will influence the election in a positive way for patriots. Expect to see some very influential people getting on private jets just before and after the election.
I’ll believe it when Barr and Dunham start handing down indictments BEFORE the election. As far as the new democrat gun owners are concerned, while a few may have seen the light, IMO, many more will still vote for dem candidates willing to take away their new found gun rights because “Orange Man bad” and because of the typical liberal mindset of “its good for me but not for thee.”
Old 08-13-2020, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welder Guy View Post
1. I’ll believe it when Barr and Dunham start handing down indictments BEFORE the election.
2. As far as the new democrat gun owners are concerned, while a few may have seen the light, IMO, many more will still vote for dem candidates willing to take away their new found gun rights because “Orange Man bad” and because of the typical liberal mindset of “its good for me but not for thee.”
1. Big moves will have to be played before the election, for sure. Credible indictments against major Deep State players can only help Trump. Whether he can go after the biggest national-level players (Clintons/Obama) will be a political calculation. George Soros and son should be low-hanging fruit, as should be the social media leaders for 1A violations (censoring conservatives/patriots) that impact the election.
2. You are correct. It's just a question of the ratios, how many will do what. Buy a gun, vote for the Demarxist who will take it away from you. Brilliant play.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:58 AM
Banned

If anyone read my posts, you’d know I’m 100% pro gun. 100% against any gun laws whatsoever.
I never said vote against him. I never said the other side was better.

I 100% believe the left is way worse. But, why am I not allowed to expect more from the pro gun guy?
Closed Thread