Smoking Crack - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 08-09-2020, 10:30 PM

Smoking Crack

I looked on GB today and looked though all the Hi-Power listings. Some of the sellers must be high, asking what they are for some BHP's that are in rough shape. Saw one sell for over $1000.00 and the trigger pin was beat to snot, really boogered up with the finish scratched. Thats a technical term "Boogered up".
Old 08-09-2020, 11:29 PM

Lots of insanity in the firearms marketplace right now. Folks are scared from all of the things going on- COVID, riots, prisoners released, elections coming... Well used parts kits are selling for more that the price of a complete gun.

I've gt a sneaking suspicion that not all of the buyers are our "allies" either.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:57 AM

There are zero guns left at my local gun store. Or I should say zero guns available for anything but duck hunting. No ammo either, other than bizarre stuff: 2.75 Rigby Action Express. (Made that one up.)

I'd like one of those 14" shotguns with the pistol brace, but Gunbroker has only one, and it's $1000. They retail for about half of that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2020, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsvette View Post
There are zero guns left at my local gun store. Or I should say zero guns available for anything but duck hunting. No ammo either, other than bizarre stuff: 2.75 Rigby Action Express. (Made that one up.)

I'd like one of those 14" shotguns with the pistol brace, but Gunbroker has only one, and it's $1000. They retail for about half of that.
I was in Walmart yesterday and saw an 1187 with a 28" tube, with the reed type camouflage....I need to see what a spare barrel and extended mag sells for
Old 08-10-2020, 02:00 PM

complaining aside, the Browning Hi-Power has probably been under valued for a long time.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:05 PM

Hi (or High) Power prices have been climbing steadily in the last few years but given the current status of gun sales - even turds are being sold for good money.

Sometimes the "seller" doesn't always know what he has...

Two years ago on my birthday (17 July) I had an appointment with my cardiologist at Brook Army Medical Center (BAMC) here in San Antonio. I didn't make the appointment, my Dr. didn't make the appointment, nor did the cardiologist. When my went to see my Dr. she reminded me of the appointment. I said - "I didn't make it" - so she put a note on file about who made the appointment. At the cardiologist's office first thing after he said Happy Birthday he sort of shrugged his shoulders and said "I didn't make the appointment either; how are you doing?"

Since I had some "free" time, it was my birthday, and I was within 5 miles of 3 gun shops I went to find "the" birthday present. First gun shop - they already had Browning Hi Powers for sale for $900 up to $1200. In the case was a nice (almost minty) .40 S&W Hi Power. I asked what did it come with; the salesman said "I'll go look in the back." Out he came with the gray plastic box, 2 more factory magazines, owner's manual, sight adjusting screwdriver, and hang tag. Normally I always try to ask for a discount; this time I kept my mouth shut and said I'll take it! With the sales tax in San Antonio it came to $813.75!

When I'm out gun shopping I remember that it is my money; and unless the gun and price seem to be right I'll buy it. I don't always buy a gun but when I do....I usually get a good deal!
Old 08-10-2020, 08:40 PM

Its a sellers market right now, plain and simple. While its frustrating for someone who waiting to buy a firearm until now (or in need of ammo), I dont begrudge the GB sellers one bit. Capitalism at its finest.

If you wanna point the finger at anyone, point it at the IDIOT buyer willing to pay $1200 for a Mossberg 590. No one is twisting their arm to get into bidding wars on entry-level, mass-production guns. In fact, I say shame on everyone of these late-buyer, on-the-fence-about-guns, liberal, hypocritical sons-a-bitches. The ones that are suddenly so stupified by the bureaucracy of actually obtaining a firearm through a legal process that they're arguing with gun store clerks. I hope they they're now "woke" to the realization about myths such as "Gun Show Loophole". NONE of them plan to join the NRA. NONE of them will support the fight against over-reaching gun legislation. And NONE will change their mind about "evil Donald Trump". So LET EM pay through the nose for a gun...and hopefully starve for ammunition.
Old 08-11-2020, 02:49 PM

As a loyal supporter of the NRA...I'm surprised that ya' haven't heard that when the founding fathers penned the 2nd Amendment it intended to provide a Constitutional right to '..bear arms..' by ALL citizens...whether those citizen happens to among the dreaded '..THEM..' or the infinitely more worthy '..US..'.
Old 08-11-2020, 03:41 PM

In the end people are paying crazy numbers for all sorts of stuff. I have seen 124gr 9mm sell for $.90 + shipping on GB. Stuff that I paid $24 for 150 round 6 months ago. People have lost their minds.

Time to sell those unwanted BHPs off to the highest bidder. LOL
Old 08-12-2020, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellascout View Post
In the end people are paying crazy numbers for all sorts of stuff. I have seen 124gr 9mm sell for $.90 + shipping on GB. Stuff that I paid $24 for 150 round 6 months ago. People have lost their minds.

Time to sell those unwanted BHPs off to the highest bidder. LOL
Does an “unwanted” BHP actually exist or are they “slightly less favored” BHP?
Old 08-12-2020, 07:46 PM

a 2.75 Rigby Express sounds exactly like a gun I would like! Just because it's fictional doesn't mean I don't want one.

I'm rather fond of Jessica Rabbit too
Old 08-13-2020, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight Medic View Post
Its a sellers market right now, plain and simple. While its frustrating for someone who waiting to buy a firearm until now (or in need of ammo), I dont begrudge the GB sellers one bit. Capitalism at its finest.

If you wanna point the finger at anyone, point it at the IDIOT buyer willing to pay $1200 for a Mossberg 590. No one is twisting their arm to get into bidding wars on entry-level, mass-production guns. In fact, I say shame on everyone of these late-buyer, on-the-fence-about-guns, liberal, hypocritical sons-a-bitches. The ones that are suddenly so stupified by the bureaucracy of actually obtaining a firearm through a legal process that they're arguing with gun store clerks. I hope they they're now "woke" to the realization about myths such as "Gun Show Loophole". NONE of them plan to join the NRA. NONE of them will support the fight against over-reaching gun legislation. And NONE will change their mind about "evil Donald Trump". So LET EM pay through the nose for a gun...and hopefully starve for ammunition.

All good points....watching an economy synthetic stocked 870 18" home defense on GB, its up to $1200.00.
Old 08-13-2020, 04:16 PM

For a laugh, search up P7M8 magazineS on GB.
Old 08-26-2020, 07:53 PM

I've been shooting HP's, and 1911's since 1985....The HP is a bullet hose....the 1911....well it's like the 1969 GTO you always have to turn a wrench on.
Old 09-02-2020, 01:48 PM

Interesting price history on the BHP. Here's what I get from my tracking data. Ups & Downs at increasingly higher levels.

Old 09-16-2020, 09:59 AM

Thanks for sharing the graph!
Old 09-16-2020, 09:46 PM

Ok it has been a month or so since this thread started and I have noticed the dealers who tend to keep their prices reasonable have gone up a hundred or two on HP’s and Reliascout’s $.90 a round 9mm I have seen over $ 1.10 a round for Wolf, and CTD has Armscor .22 LR for $200. for 200 rounds( love them boys). I sit back and hope the generous reserves in my larder allow me to survive until sanity returns.
Should have done my research today, now CTD is offering 9mm FMJ for only (remember only) $121. For a box of fifty or $2.42 each time your Glock goes “Boom !”.

Last edited by Ibmikey; 09-16-2020 at 10:04 PM.
Old 09-17-2020, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibmikey View Post
Ok it has been a month or so since this thread started and I have noticed the dealers who tend to keep their prices reasonable have gone up a hundred or two on HP’s and Reliascout’s $.90 a round 9mm I have seen over $ 1.10 a round for Wolf, and CTD has Armscor .22 LR for $200. for 200 rounds( love them boys). I sit back and hope the generous reserves in my larder allow me to survive until sanity returns.
Should have done my research today, now CTD is offering 9mm FMJ for only (remember only) $121. For a box of fifty or $2.42 each time your Glock goes “Boom !”.
"Until sanity Returns." And exactly when do you think that will happen? The way things are going in the world today it will take the second coming for sanity to return!
The application of the proper amount of high explosives can solve any problem.
Colt M1911A1 - As American as Skippy Extra Crunchy and a Ford Mustang.
Old 09-17-2020, 07:39 AM

Sanity will return when buying stops. Maybe...
Ammo has become the new toilet paper.
I have a good stash of both.

I will do my part and stop.
Old 09-17-2020, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNorris View Post
Sanity will return when buying stops. Maybe...
Ammo has become the new toilet paper.
I have a good stash of both.

I will do my part and stop.
I am not buying either but I don't see it slowing down anytime soon. If Biden wins it could actually get worse. I personally don't understand it. Just like you don't need 100 rolls of TP to wipe your butt. If home defense and concealed carry are your concern then you don't need 5,000 rounds of ammo. IMHO. I am hoping I am wrong but I just don't see it changing for 6 months+. No matter what happens with the election a lot of people one side or the other are going to be pissed off by the result.

I see new shooters really driving the market and their purchasing is fear based. When do you see the "fear" going away?

Last edited by rellascout; 09-17-2020 at 08:37 AM.
Old 09-17-2020, 11:16 AM

>>>...If Biden wins it could actually get worse.......When do you see the "fear" going away?...<<<

Think back to 2008, when Barrack Obama was the candidate....That was the last big '..panic..'.

Fear..' is the best sales and marketing '..tool..' that the industry has...and they ain't the least bit reluctant to feed and use it to their PROFITABLE advantage.

Even well armed sheep can still be herded, driven and then....sheared.
Old 09-17-2020, 11:22 AM

Quote:
I am not buying either but I don't see it slowing down anytime soon. If Biden wins it could actually get worse. I personally don't understand it. Just like you don't need 100 rolls of TP to wipe your butt. If home defense and concealed carry are your concern then you don't need 5,000 rounds of ammo. IMHO. I am hoping I am wrong but I just don't see it changing for 6 months+. No matter what happens with the election a lot of people one side or the other are going to be pissed off by the result.

I see new shooters really driving the market and their purchasing is fear based. When do you see the "fear" going away?
I agree with your assessment. The fear and foolish buying spree could continue with multiple waves, perhaps for most of next year?

Range outings are less frequent now, focusing on proficiency and proofing upgrades and new guns. My round count is way down. It's gotta be a hard time for new shooters.
Old 09-17-2020, 04:56 PM

Quote:
I agree with your assessment. The fear and foolish buying spree could continue with multiple waves, perhaps for most of next year?

Range outings are less frequent now, focusing on proficiency and proofing upgrades and new guns. My round count is way down. It's gotta be a hard time for new shooters.
Yup I am actually considering a full sized real weight airsoft that I can shoot in the backyard. It will allow me to work on my draw, grip, presentation without paying for the ammo. I have a good stock pile but I think I would be a good idea to mix some in for the long haul. They can be had for less than $150. That or a 22 LR caliber conversion but I actually have more 9mm than 22LR. LOL
Old 09-17-2020, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Yup I am actually considering a full sized real weight airsoft that I can shoot in the backyard. It will allow me to work on my draw, grip, presentation without paying for the ammo. I have a good stock pile but I think I would be a good idea to mix some in for the long haul. They can be had for less than $150. That or a 22 LR caliber conversion but I actually have more 9mm than 22LR. LOL
Does someone make a High Power Airsoft??? I want one if they do.

I've had a Ciener .22 conversion kit for years. I've had very few problems with it and love shooting it.
Old 09-17-2020, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Does someone make a High Power Airsoft??? I want one if they do.

I've had a Ciener .22 conversion kit for years. I've had very few problems with it and love shooting it.

https://www.kyairsoft.com/guns/ky-wo...-power-bk.html