Neighborhood dealing with Commie Bastards - Page 5 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 08-13-2020, 11:42 PM

15roundsof9-------- Yes, I liked that history. Good stuff.

boderboss1---------- I agree, for the most part I think that whatever flag-burners want the US to be will usually be wacky. Because flag-burning it'self is way WAY off the scale of normal behavior. Wacky/Crazy is pretty much a given. But it IS their idea of an improvement.

And of course I wont say they are all Nazis or Marxists or any one political ideology as Flag-burning has been a thing for decades.

It's been used by all kinds of people over all kinds of issues. Usually nutty, of course. There was some girl doing it in Palo Alto when I was a kid. I used the article at school as my Current Events article . Her deal was that she wanted President Ford to legalize LSD.

So, in her twisted junkie mind, she apparently thought this would make for an improved USA.

Now If someone is burning Old Glory they sure have lost MY sympathy for whatever their cause is. And I know I'm not alone in that!! It's a stupid move for anyone trying to gain popular support.

But, again, I don't think it should be ILLEGAL or cause for deportation. Because it's by definition, a political statement (yes, an abhorrent one) but a political statement nonetheless. This is exactly what the 1A is for: Political speech.

So what should one DO when they see this? Well, if everyone nearby would just ignore them, walking away, leaving them alone with their pathetic gesture, I think they would give it up.

Because their whole point is to inflame (literally) enraging the public, and hopefully to be symbolically arrested.

But if nobody reacts, cares, or even bothers to watch, they have lost the battle.

Punching them out, even if satisfying, just means they got your goat, as intended.

Last edited by magazineman; 08-13-2020 at 11:48 PM.
Old 08-14-2020, 06:07 AM

Moral-Relativism, Rights, Accountability

When a nation looses its moral center it is in big trouble...Unfortunately, that is where we are today in this country...Moral-relativism (google it if you don't know what it means, because it is a quite bizarre construct) has infected this country thanks to the Lefty, the media, the Hollywood culture, etc.

We are at that precipices which allows homeless men to walk around New York city with no pants on (reported on Fox, video's provided, naturally the "thing" swinging in the wind was hazed out on the videos). The reporter, who lives there, her innocent little daughter was exposed to such filth...It allows the DA of Portland to make excuses for the evil-rioters burning, beating, and even murdering people because they are "emotionally hurt and so it is justified"...It allows 3rd world type corruption at the highest-level of our political power structure to attempt a coupe of an American president...I could go on for days, but you get the picture.

All these examples have another thing in common, besides their immorality, NO ONE GOES TO JAIL! Self-responsibility is no more, in the name of moral-relativism. NO need to hold anyone ACCOUNTABLE anymore!

I guess those who support burning the American flag as a right could make the same argument that a man walking around with no pants in NYC public spaces is also a right of self-expression/freedom of speech...Well, no right is limited-less, any "adult" knows this, I personally find both repugnant and immoral! They both should have consequences.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 08-14-2020 at 06:38 AM.
Old 08-14-2020, 07:37 AM

20 BLM's decided, that stirring up shiite in Louisville, KY wasn't enough, so they moseyed ne, to the most GOOD 'OL boy county in the commonwealth, to try & make trouble in Grayson, KY.

The first weekend they tried it, the 20 BLM's, were met by 275 good ol' boys - ALL bearing AR-15's!

They've come back two more weekends since, and the opposition grows LARGER with each visit (FUNNY how you HAVEN'T heard about this on the national news - OR that the BLM leader is a registered sex offender in OH. Hmmmm... ).

I used to work in that area for the Boy Scouts (BEFORE they turned FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB - U - LOUS! ), and keep in regular touch with many of those good ol' boys. It's the ORIGINAL BLM kamikaze mission, if you ask me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2020, 07:39 AM

Ever notice how no one ever mentions someone’s right to live in peace. It’s always a statement that some clown has the right to protest. Why are my rights to be left alone always overridden by the right to “peacefully protest”.
Old 08-14-2020, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The War Wagon View Post
20 BLM's decided, that stirring up shiite in Louisville, KY wasn't enough, so they moseyed ne, to the most GOOD 'OL boy county in the commonwealth, to try & make trouble in Grayson, KY.

The first weekend they tried it, the 20 BLM's, were met by 275 good ol' boys - ALL bearing AR-15's!

They've come back two more weekends since, and the opposition grows LARGER with each visit (FUNNY how you HAVEN'T heard about this on the national news - OR that the BLM leader is a registered sex offender in OH. Hmmmm... ).

I used to work in that area for the Boy Scouts (BEFORE they turned FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB - U - LOUS! ), and keep in regular touch with many of those good ol' boys. It's the ORIGINAL BLM kamikaze mission, if you ask me.
Nice...
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 08-14-2020, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye1 View Post
Ever notice how no one ever mentions someone’s right to live in peace. It’s always a statement that some clown has the right to protest. Why are my rights to be left alone always overridden by the right to “peacefully protest”.
Absolutely! Don't the rest of us have rights too? Why should rioters be allowed to close off city blocks in the name of protest, thereby preventing law abiding citizens from having access.

I'm sick of watching protesting/rioting Americans spitting, shoving and shouting at Police Officers. I would so love to see a Police Officer jam his Taser into some A-hole, protestor's mouth and knock him on his butt.

Hundreds of thousands of brave Americans have died for our flag. You burn our flag, you get deported. You assault a Police Officer, you get bonked in the head and then arrested. Enough of this crap. The freaking center is now so far left of center that many Americans, including a few on this forum, are defending the actions of the protestors/rioters. NO, THE RIOTERS ARE WRONG!!!

Last edited by bradsvette; 08-14-2020 at 08:12 AM.
Old 08-14-2020, 09:22 AM

This is what the flag means to me

http://100photos.time.com/photos/joe...a-flag-raising

And all this iconic image stands for...Indeed, this image is a metaphor of what our country stands for (and why it was the most printed image coming out of WW2)...That is why you don't burn it...That is why you don't kneel when we honor it!
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 08-14-2020 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-14-2020, 09:34 AM

I will mention that you DO burn it - it's how you dispose of tattered/damaged flags.

That, however, is not a Protest - it's respect. It's the only way and time you are supposed to dispose of a US flag.

https://www.defense.gov/Explore/Feat...-out-us-flags/
Old 08-14-2020, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo3 View Post
... We have sat back and let the leftists pervert just about everything we hold dear including free speach. We lost the freedom of speach years ago, most people just don't know it.
The Leftists used the "frog in the kettle" tactic. They realized they just have to do it little by little until it's too late for conservatives and patriots to push back.
Old 08-14-2020, 12:04 PM

Buckeye----------- Your right to be left alone is NOT overridden by anyone else's right to protest.

Are you not being left alone? Please explain.

Btw, naked guy in NY SHOULD be arrested. The folks spitting on, or fighting cops SHOULD be arrested. People blocking the street SHOULD be arrested.

And Combat Auto ------------- I don't think anyone "supports burning the American flag"

It's a truly disgusting act. It's not supportable.

But I don't think it should be punishable by the government because that's unconstitutional.

But keep in mind: YOUR possible anti-flag burning action (throwing pig vomit on them) is NOT unconstitutional. Because the 1A only bans GOVERNMENTAL interference with free speech. Not civilian.

YOUR actions are only bound by criminal law. So if you had an unfortunate "accident" with five gallons of pork puke ----------- Oooops!

Everyone here would be so, very very sad for the poor protester
Old 08-14-2020, 12:18 PM

Walking naked in public in a normal society is an offense which one is usually arrested for because it is indecent...Burning the American flag should be treated the same way. It is indecent!
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 08-14-2020, 01:49 PM

Did you know that the Chicago police department is negotiating with BLM and Antqueefa to over the terms of shutting down an interstate highway?
Old 08-14-2020, 02:18 PM

Combat Auto ---- A man exposing himself to minors is very different than political speech. It's a sex offender issue & should be treated as such. Mr. Naked Hobo should be arrested. Or he can join an adults-only nudist colony & flaunt his shortcomings there.

On the flag: No, I will not support further erosion of the amendments (the 1st) that exist to protect us citizens from governmental oppression & over-reach. A check on their power.

The very & exact reason the Second Amendment exists as well. A check on their power.

Vos Parate ---- Chicago is wrong to do that. Here's what the terms should be: NO BLOCKING THE HIGHWAY.

That's the law for everyone else, so protesters should get NO exemption.

The rule of Equal Protection Under The Law also means Equal Enforcement Of The Law. If I can't have a picnic on the freeway BLM shouldn't get to either.

Nobody should be above the law. Not the President, the Pope, or BLM. NOBODY.
Old 08-14-2020, 02:36 PM

In some lefty districts it is legal for a man to piss in the same bathroom as a girl. In NYC and other places, homeless are most often not prosecuted for going nude. This is the new normal in the Lefty hell-holes. They ARE NOT considered sex offenders to the Lefty Mayors. Not just for randomly walking around nude.

Burning the US flag is also as obscene and indecent. It isn't free speech anymore than walking around nude is...Burning the US flag is an act of indecency, it is NOT SPEECH...Go ahead and take an ad out in the local paper saying you hate the flag and you want to burn it. THAT would be free speech. Burning it IS NOT, it has nothing to do with speech, it is an indecent act!
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 08-14-2020 at 02:39 PM.
Old 08-14-2020, 02:41 PM

We're seen the 2A being infringed more & more over the years. They keep chipping away at our freedom, bit by bit. It;s scary.

Based on that, here's no way I'm going to voluntarily surrender the 1A.

Even if free speech is abused by A-Holes, I will not let it go easily.

Look, I'm not worried that the government is going to quarter soldiers in my house. But there's no way I'm going to just surrender my 3A Rights to the Govt!

I think that some folks are so angry about flag-burning and the jerks that do it that they aren't grasping the repercussions.

Handing over our rights, whatever they are, can bite us in the butt later.

I'd rather have people people burn flags than surrender our rights.
Old 08-14-2020, 02:46 PM

That is your business, as a veteran, I'd like to see it outlawed, it has noting to do with free speech (yes, I know how the SC ruled, but they make mistakes all the time). Burning is not speech, it is ridiculous for anyone to think so. Get on a soap-box in time-square and declare your hate for America and the flag if you want, that would be free speech.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 08-14-2020, 02:47 PM

combat auto. It's a political statement. That's why they do it. Saying that's not a Free Speech issue is incorrect. Political statements ARE protected by the 1A.

But you don't have to LIKE it.

And NO NO NO I DO NOT support Lefty Cities, Righty Cities, or whomever law-breaking. If people are not getting prosecuted for nudity / sex offenses that's wrong.

Those officials should be held accountable.
Old 08-14-2020, 02:52 PM

Ask yourselves this:

Are flag-burners cold? Looking to keep warm?

Or are they roasting burgers over flag-fires?

No? Then WHAT IS IT other than a political statement?

What is the CONTEXT of their act? What is the POINT they are trying to make?

This act is pretty much always done during political protests, right?

Figure it out. It's PROTEST. It's SPEECH. OBVIOUSLY.
Old 08-14-2020, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magazineman View Post
combat auto. It's a political statement. That's why they do it. Saying that's not a Free Speech issue is incorrect. Political statements ARE protected by the 1A.

But you don't have to LIKE it.

And NO NO NO I DO NOT support Lefty Cities, Righty Cities, or whomever law-breaking. If people are not getting prosecuted for nudity / sex offenses that's wrong.

Those officials should be held accountable.
You are incorrect, show me in the constitution where US flag burning is mentioned as protected speech.

Political-statements are words, destruction is not.

Originally the SC upheld flag burning laws, we should go back to that ruling:

"Court originally upheld flag desecration laws
The first Supreme Court case dealing with flag desecration was Halter v. Nebraska (1907). Affirming that state governments had the authority to ban desecration of the flag, the Court unanimously upheld the conviction of a company that had printed the American flag on a beer bottle. Writing the opinion for the Court, Justice John Marshall Harlan I stated: “To every true American the flag is the symbol of the Nation’s power, the emblem of freedom in its truest, best sense.”

It wasn't until the 1970's when the Lefty gained more power in this country that the SC flipped on the decision...This is another example of the degradation of the countries moral values because of moral-relevance: "it is part of speech so it is OK". Some A--hole judge made a magical transubstantiation that flag burning is speech. That is how it all came about. IT IS NONSENSICAL FOR ANYONE WITH even a little ABILITY to THINK for THEMSELVES to buy into this notion.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 08-14-2020 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-14-2020, 03:09 PM

Do I expect my "wish-list" to come to fruition, no of course not, the country is too far gone at this point, but I did enjoy pointing out the hypocrisy, BS, and nonsensical justifications people have with Flag Burning being "ok".
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 08-14-2020 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-14-2020, 03:34 PM

I NEVER said it was ok.

It's wrong & I condemn it.

And I have consistently done so in this thread.

But it IS a statement, a criticism of the Govt, the cops, or whomever these idiots are mad at.

Claiming otherwise is absurd. truly, absolutely absurd.

It's perhaps the strongest statement that anyone can make. Done almost exclusively DURING protests.

Is that just a coincidence? Gimme a break.
Old 08-14-2020, 03:38 PM

Total nonsense, FIGURE IT OUT! Cops are controlled by Lefty Mayors in Lefty Cities. This is where the vast majority of the problems are (and still, they are only a small % of cops)...

The flag has NOTHING to Do with these Lefty hell holes. That is why you can't figure this out, you have NO Clue what the American Flag stands for!!!

The feds don't run the cities... The flag is not a symbol of NYC...

Go get a NYC flag, Portland and settle flags too and go burn THAT! It still wouldn't be speech, but it might make a little more sense.

Burning the highest symbol of our country is NOT speech and it is NOT protected by the Constitution, the Supreme Court in 1907 got it right. They screwed it up in the 1970's.

The 1970's decision should be reversed!

C'mon man, get a clue!
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 08-14-2020 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-14-2020, 03:50 PM

Am I being paranoid or have the Mods been told to erase the politically incorrect threads? We're only a few months away from the most important election in US history. It's only natural that the membership wants to discuss politics, news items, as well as 1911s. I'm not referring to this thread, but a couple of others.

Last edited by bradsvette; 08-14-2020 at 04:10 PM.
Old 08-14-2020, 04:03 PM

No mods needed for me, I'm out. This has gotten way off topic anyhow.
Old 08-14-2020, 04:36 PM

Delete.

Last edited by bradsvette; 08-14-2020 at 04:55 PM.