Neighborhood dealing with Commie Bastards - Page 3 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise


Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 08-11-2020, 01:27 PM
magazineman magazineman is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 12,844
15roundsof9---------------- People live & work in some of the areas areas where Pro 2A events have happened. Loud protests/marches that are annoying to some locals and block ingress & egress as well.

So, nice try, but no. Your "residential" doesn't wash. The 1A is not contingent on Zoning.

So what's the REAL difference here in these two forms of 1st Amendment-protected Political Speech??

The difference is this:

Some BLM/Antifa type protesters have engaged in illegal actions such as vandalism, looting, arson, assaulting police, etc.

So at that point it's no longer 1A Protected Free Speech. It's CRIME.

And as such the perpetrators should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. And I, personally, would prefer to see the harshest possible penalties imposed.

Because using violence to further a political ideology is terrorism.

Anyone illegally attacking anyone else / committing criminal acts should be punished.

That's ANYONE. There's no Team Exemption.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 08-11-2020, 02:07 PM
combat auto combat auto is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,893
Never mind, it is pointless.
__________________
Member: NRA, GOA, ANJRPC, VCDL.
"To be born free is an accident. To live free is a responsibility. To die free is an obligation."-Gen. Halley.
"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." –Ulysses
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 08-11-2020 at 03:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 08-11-2020, 02:26 PM
jtq jtq is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NW Florida
Age: 62
Posts: 11,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by magazineman View Post
Did not belong ??? So we are to be restricted to our own neighborhoods? Perhaps by a papers & checkpoints system enforced by extrajudicial beatings?

Is THAT what you want? Is that YOUR America? ---- Yikes! That sounds very Nazi or Soviet to me.
?
I'm often intrigued by your posts

https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=1016948
Quote:
magazineman posted
My security camera caught a creep approaching my truck, in my driveway, last night at 2:37 AM.

As luck would have it, I had to turn off my Phone Alerts because of strong winds, which make tree branches set off the motion detector every few minutes.

But when I reviewed the various events this morning I saw footage of a creep sneaking up to my truck & peering inside with a flashlight.

Door was locked, of course, & no valuables were visible inside so he moved on.

Plus, had I seen this in real time, then what? Call cops & wait? Go out there, armed, & confront him? Maybe getting shot by his driver/lookout?-------- There's no easy answer.

#$%&*!!!! scumbags!
A large group of masked folks disruptively come through neighborhood is OK, but one guy eyeballing a vehicle in a driveway is a reason to call police or confront with a weapon because he doesn't belong in your neighborhood?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #54  
Old 08-11-2020, 02:34 PM
combat auto combat auto is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtq View Post
I'm often intrigued by your posts

https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=1016948


A large group of masked folks disruptively come through neighborhood is OK, but one guy eyeballing a vehicle in a driveway is a reason to call police or confront with a weapon because he doesn't belong in your neighborhood?
I don't think any of us can add to the above.
__________________
Member: NRA, GOA, ANJRPC, VCDL.
"To be born free is an accident. To live free is a responsibility. To die free is an obligation."-Gen. Halley.
"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." –Ulysses
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 08-11-2020, 03:40 PM
bradsvette bradsvette is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South
Posts: 3,106
I was going to try, but decided not to.

Last edited by bradsvette; 08-11-2020 at 04:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 08-11-2020, 04:52 PM
magazineman magazineman is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 12,844
The creep in my driveway was ON MY PROPERTY. Not in a public street. If that creep wanted to march up & down my street he's welcome to it.


And yes, I have the audacity to be a proponent of law & order, and our right to free speech.

So what does the 1A and the 2A have in common? One feature they share is that both are designed to give The People power over their government. The speech that is protected is, in particular, political speech. It applies to Tinder & Beanie Baby collecting but it was written to protect POLITICAL speech.

The Antifa/BlM whatever folks are The People. Like it or not, they are presumably citizens just like you. Their opinions may differ wildly but they ARE your fellow Americans saying what they want to say & they totally have the right to do so.

And what I see here is disturbing. It appears that some guys here condone violence on people for voicing their opinions.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 08-11-2020, 05:02 PM
magazineman magazineman is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 12,844
Us California Gun Owners are a minority here. Our Pro-Gun opinions are not shared by the Democratic Majority.

Do we not qualify to speak publicly? Should OUR opinions be met with beatings by angry Liberals?
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 08-11-2020, 05:07 PM
TominMO TominMO is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: St. Louis, MO
Age: 70
Posts: 1,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
Never mind, it is pointless.
Ditto. Life is too short.
__________________
"It's not the arrow, it's the Indian." -- Elizabeth Warren
"An armed society is a polite society." -- R. Heinlein
All lives matter! :-) Take a knee only to God
Equal opportunity, not equal outcome.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 08-11-2020, 05:11 PM
jtq jtq is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NW Florida
Age: 62
Posts: 11,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by magazineman View Post
And what I see here is disturbing. It appears that some guys here condone violence on people for voicing their opinions.
Since you seem to be addressing my post, is that your take away from my post?

You seem like a Devil's Advocate, nothing wrong with that, in general, I am too. However, you seem to lack the ability to read a room. You made your point. The general tone of the thread is the folks don't agree with your view of the events in question. I'm not sure I get what you're trying to accomplish by continuing to argue with the folks?
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 08-11-2020, 05:41 PM
Vos Parate Vos Parate is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Heartland, USA
Age: 63
Posts: 2,726
You know the type, the boring guy at the party. Everyone’s eyes glaze over and a few share a W.T.F. glance. So he goes on and on and on and on. Jeez o Pete, someone stop him. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Vos Parate!
Proud NRA Benefactor Life Member
It is impossible reason someone out of a position they didn’t reason themselves into.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 08-11-2020, 05:59 PM
combat auto combat auto is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,893
MM, you're entitled to your opinion of course, and no harm in stating it once or twice, and even a third time maybe, even if no one else agrees. But you go off the rails when you keep repeating yourself ad infinitum through the entire thread (many recent example in various threads). There is no point in repeating your view that much, you are not changing anyone's mind, and you come across as parochial...That is the nicest way I can give you free advise. (I'm trying to be a kinder-gentler On-line person :-)).
__________________
Member: NRA, GOA, ANJRPC, VCDL.
"To be born free is an accident. To live free is a responsibility. To die free is an obligation."-Gen. Halley.
"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." –Ulysses
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 08-11-2020 at 06:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 08-11-2020, 06:31 PM
covid-1911 covid-1911 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by magazineman View Post
Does anyone here know exactly what is going on in this video?

Because to me it looks like people, because they are speaking their minds, getting beaten by a mob.

Am I mistaken?
Apparently, the group decided to attack a man-in-a-wheelchair while they were being driven out of the neighborhood. The people didn't let them get away with it.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 08-11-2020, 06:37 PM
magazineman magazineman is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 12,844
If that's what happened the crowd was justified in defending the wheelchair guy.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 08-11-2020, 06:48 PM
15roundsof9 15roundsof9 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by magazineman View Post
The Antifa/BlM whatever folks are The People. Like it or not, they are presumably citizens just like you. Their opinions may differ wildly but they ARE your fellow Americans saying what they want to say & they totally have the right to do so..
They may be your fellows, they are not my fellows. They are members of an organization that means me and mine harm. That should be enough for you to make proper conclusion.
But thanks for all these softballs, I’m entertained.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 08-11-2020, 06:59 PM
jtq jtq is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NW Florida
Age: 62
Posts: 11,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by magazineman View Post
If that's what happened the crowd was justified in defending the wheelchair guy.
Perhaps some reflection on some of your posts that may have seemed to call into question forum members support for the First Amendment may be in order?
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 08-11-2020, 08:17 PM
Autonomous Autonomous is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 1,608
Let me quote myself from another thread.

"MM, a while back I had blocked you for your offensive statement comparing the behavior of desperate, abused, starving, dehydrated, diseased and tortured American POW's to that of street thugs.
I regret unblocking you. Your pompous virtue signaling is out of place here and, IMO, so are you."
__________________
There is something to this 1911. I think it'll catch on.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 08-11-2020, 10:19 PM
magazineman magazineman is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 12,844
Guys, All I have supported here is adherence to law & constitution.

That's it. My position is simply:

Attackers of Wheelchair Man, IF that happened, should be jailed.
Attackers of lawful protesters, IF THAT WAS THE CASE, should be jailed.

This is my opinion & I think it's the correct one.

Note the term IF in both of those sentences. I'm clearly NOT making a determination of fact, or choosing a side. Neither homeowners or protesters get a Free Pass to commit crimes from me.

But since many seem more focused on Side-Choosing than the actual event I'll admit that PERSONALLY I hope that the homeowners were in the right in this.

As I've said, (without recognition from anyone) I'm no fan of the Antifa/BLM movement.

Example: Yet another protest is happening tonight at the Police Station here in La Mesa. With signs & chanting accusing LMPD officers of racism. As the officers stand there, ready to to step in & protect those very protesters if necessary. I'm disgusted that our Police have to deal with this. It brings me down.

But at the end of the day I will support the lawful and condemn the unlawful. It's my nature. Sorry if that offends.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 08-11-2020, 10:26 PM
Flight Medic Flight Medic is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by TominMO View Post
Fort Collins, CO. Dang, LARPing ain't what it used to be.....
I cant see video because work blocks Twitter, but they're doing a Live Action Roll Playing game??
__________________
SAVE OUR COUNTRY - VOTE TRUMP 2020
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 08-11-2020, 10:35 PM
Flight Medic Flight Medic is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpskydive View Post
How about if I blocked your driveway so you can’t leave??
I'd run your ass over and not think twice

__________________
SAVE OUR COUNTRY - VOTE TRUMP 2020
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 08-12-2020, 04:19 PM
Get Out Get Out is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 310
Appears BLM and Antifa were peaceable until they weren't and got backed out of the neighborhood. IMOA no ones protest rights to peaceful protest were violated until the BLM or Antifa group were no longer engaged in peaceful protest.

From the interview with Louis Huey (Post #17) it appears BLM and Antifa came into his neighborhood because of the pro-police rally in Fort Collins. BLM and Antifa decided they should go protest.

BLM or Antifa apparently started with throwing water bottles and punched a few counter protestors, thus no longer peaceable and pro-cop group sent them packing.

BLM and or Antifa at this point appeared to be outnumbered and were being herded down the street and out of the neighborhood.

Antifa assaulted and knocked the guy out of his wheelchair to the ground and the rumble in the ditch ensued. Video shows pro-cop group and LEO helped put him back into the wheelchair.

"A pro-police rally in Fort Collins, Colorado, caught the attention of BLM and Antifa activists on Saturday. As the pro-Cop and BLM groups tried to talk things out, the Antifa group attacked a disabled veteran who was in a wheelchair, angering the pro-Cop crowd. Antifa was confronted, and the beat down began. In the end, three people were arrested."
https://lidblog.com/fort-collins-colorado/
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 08-12-2020, 04:45 PM
Autonomous Autonomous is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 1,608
Peaceful neighborhood protest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGGB...ature=youtu.be

Some people are so deep in denial and entitlement they can't fathom an enemy in their midst.
__________________
There is something to this 1911. I think it'll catch on.

Last edited by Autonomous; 08-12-2020 at 04:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 08-12-2020, 05:20 PM
longarm longarm is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: SE Wa
Posts: 680
"Fathom" - they agree with the "protesters" - they then fence around thir support and phrase it to be "rational".

Tired of the "protests" and "protesters", their defenders, politicians, lawyers, judges, kneeling cops and even sports figures. Get a damned job, hippies - oh, wait. Covid. Nm. Move along.
__________________
==============================
30-06, 45acp, 9mm
"Unintended Consequences"
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 08-12-2020, 05:35 PM
combat auto combat auto is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Out View Post
Appears BLM and Antifa were peaceable until they weren't and got backed out of the neighborhood. IMOA no ones protest rights to peaceful protest were violated until the BLM or Antifa group were no longer engaged in peaceful protest.

From the interview with Louis Huey (Post #17) it appears BLM and Antifa came into his neighborhood because of the pro-police rally in Fort Collins. BLM and Antifa decided they should go protest.

BLM or Antifa apparently started with throwing water bottles and punched a few counter protestors, thus no longer peaceable and pro-cop group sent them packing.

BLM and or Antifa at this point appeared to be outnumbered and were being herded down the street and out of the neighborhood.

Antifa assaulted and knocked the guy out of his wheelchair to the ground and the rumble in the ditch ensued. Video shows pro-cop group and LEO helped put him back into the wheelchair.

"A pro-police rally in Fort Collins, Colorado, caught the attention of BLM and Antifa activists on Saturday. As the pro-Cop and BLM groups tried to talk things out, the Antifa group attacked a disabled veteran who was in a wheelchair, angering the pro-Cop crowd. Antifa was confronted, and the beat down began. In the end, three people were arrested."
https://lidblog.com/fort-collins-colorado/
Very good anaylsis on all points...

Yes, denial, per Auto's post too...And worse

Lefty-Marxist will always give the Mob the benefit of the doubt over the rule of law. The Lefty is the Party of the Criminal...

Here is another example, he was on TV literally making excuses for the mob, saying the riots are justified because of their "emotional-hurt"...Another Marxist, another supporter of the Criminal:

"Multnomah County DA will not prosecute cases where most serious charge is city ordinance violation. More than 550 people have been arrested since the protests began, and by some estimates, as many as 400 of those charges may be dismissed, officials said. PORTLAND, Ore. ... This includes charges for assault and arson.1 day ago"
__________________
Member: NRA, GOA, ANJRPC, VCDL.
"To be born free is an accident. To live free is a responsibility. To die free is an obligation."-Gen. Halley.
"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." –Ulysses
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 08-12-2020 at 05:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 08-12-2020, 05:57 PM
jlpskydive jlpskydive is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Small Island off the east coast of Florida
Posts: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight Medic View Post
I'd run your ass over and not think twice

As would I....
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 08-12-2020, 06:26 PM
Top Cover Top Cover is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Eastern Idaho
Posts: 134
Antifa & Rights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magazineman View Post
15roundsof9 ------------ Does that also "warm your heart" if the the antifa scum were acting legally and got attacked anyhow?

Think hard before you answer.
Setting fires, throwing bricks, and looting is not Constitutionally protected! A protest is usually done for a short time and does not impede the business of others. Antifa has violated the rights of others up to and including murder. The more you tolerate this crap the more of it you'll get.

Freedom is not Free! Freedom also has consequences. You can say what you want if you are prepared for the consequences. You riot, hurt people destroy property and harass others, you had better be prepared for the blow back!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 PM.


NOTICE TO USERS OF THIS SITE: By continuing to use this site, you certify that you have read and agree to abide by the Legal Terms of Use. All information, data, text or other materials ("Content") posted to this site by any users are the sole responsibility of those users. 1911Forum does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such Content.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2015 1911Forum.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved