Brimstone Range Day - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 08-08-2020, 02:47 PM

Brimstone Range Day

I've had my Brimstone (9mm #080) for over a month and had yet to put a single round down range -- but yesterday that all changed.

Maybe I'm a cynical but when people tout "this/that gun is so accurate" -- I'm like any gun I own could out-shoot me so I don't get to excited over accuracy claims.

Well, this ACW is accurate

These were the first two magazines I every shot through the gun at 20ft

Click image for larger version

Name:	0807201012.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	1,015.7 KB
ID:	591164

Plus she's a looker with my Esmerelda grips

Name:	0807201012a.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	591166

Then two more magazines in a quick rapid fire "mag-dump" it was a piece of cake keeping on target in a rapid fire sequence. I felt so confident I didn't even tape up the prior holes, I figured I would just aim a little lower and it worked.

Anyone know what front sight cut and sight height they use? I may need to change the front night sight to a HD XR Yellow or Orange for EDC

Name:	0807201017.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	449.1 KB
ID:	591168
I'm a 1911 addict -- 9mm's: ACW Brimstone, Les Baer Stinger, Volkmann Combat Carry, Ed Brown Kobra Carry, WC Sentinel Compact, WC ULCC, WC Bobtail Professional, NH T4, NH Counselor and a G43 -- 38 Super's: GI Government, WC Professional, WC Stealth, WC CQB Elite, DW CBOB, DW Guardian, WC Sentinel Compact....and oh 3 mid 70's Colt Commanders out for a builds; NH, KGB and Mr. Yost.
Old 08-08-2020, 06:49 PM

azguy1911,
Nice pistol with some good shooting! I have a Classic Carry which I haven't shot yet. I did have ACW install a front sight with a orange ring on it. Without opening the safe I think it is a Night Fusion (?) front sight. I am going to watch this thread as I was thinking Ameriglow front sight. The Ameriglow and HD XR have bolder orange rings. I have a hard time seeing the front sight but my wife says "Oh I can see that great". Go figure!
Old 08-08-2020, 09:08 PM

Nod, I'd love to see that front sight next time you pull it out. I'm hoping ACW responds and I can send the slide to them for a front sight swap.

At the range, the standard night sight is fine but a quick target acquisition in a self-defense situation I'd rather have something larger and brighter
I'm a 1911 addict -- 9mm's: ACW Brimstone, Les Baer Stinger, Volkmann Combat Carry, Ed Brown Kobra Carry, WC Sentinel Compact, WC ULCC, WC Bobtail Professional, NH T4, NH Counselor and a G43 -- 38 Super's: GI Government, WC Professional, WC Stealth, WC CQB Elite, DW CBOB, DW Guardian, WC Sentinel Compact....and oh 3 mid 70's Colt Commanders out for a builds; NH, KGB and Mr. Yost.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2020, 06:51 AM

Beautiful pistol, and some super fine shooting! Glad to hear you got a chance to put some rounds down Range!
Old 08-09-2020, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azguy1911 View Post
I'm hoping ACW responds and I can send the slide to them for a front sight swap.
I didn't fill out an order sheet for my PE, somebody else did. It came with the gold bead front sight, which is brilliant in sunlight but not so great at the dark indoor range where I mostly shoot. ACW DID replace the front sight for me with the sight of my choosing. I feel that I get fantastic customer service from them.

Last edited by 1911_Bandit; 08-09-2020 at 10:40 AM.
Old 08-10-2020, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azguy1911 View Post
Nod, I'd love to see that front sight next time you pull it out. I'm hoping ACW responds and I can send the slide to them for a front sight swap.

At the range, the standard night sight is fine but a quick target acquisition in a self-defense situation I'd rather have something larger and brighter
Here you go. I apologize in advance for taking crappy pictures. I find the orange ring on WC's Ameriglow more visible. We know what opinions are worth. I always shoot indoors and my eye sight isn't getting any better with age.

WC

ACW

It's hard for me to see but I believe the sight is "Night Fision".
Old 08-14-2020, 06:36 PM

That sight would be amazing and a huge upgrade over the standard night sight. Thanks, I'm going to send my slide in ASAP