Anti-gun Seattle police chief's home defended by armed neighbors - Page 2 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 08-10-2020, 09:56 AM
Administrator

I think we can all agree that she is nothing but a puppet of the hardcore left Seattle city council, who chose her simply because she fit their profile of an ideal police chief. I just hope she begins to realize that even "the enemy" (gun owners) respect, support and are willing to defend her rights.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 08-10-2020, 01:26 PM

Sellouts don't change their spots.
Equal opportunity, not equal outcome.
Old 08-10-2020, 01:59 PM

It is ironic, civilians doing more to protect law and order in Seattle and Portland then the Police in some respect...This elderly lady tried to stop the Marxist for burning down the Police Station in Portland...

https://www.theblaze.com/news/portla...-elderly-woman

Cops are bending a knee to their Political Masters in both these cities. They should either ALL do the Job they are being paid to do, as well as sworn to do (protect good/law abiding people/Constitution), or ALL quit. Police need to make a bold statement in these cities, it has yet to happen.

And we know if it was some Righty Group rioting there would be swift orders to put them down, orders the Police will mostly follow.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 08-10-2020 at 02:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2020, 02:00 PM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
It is ironic, civilians doing more to protect law and order in Seattle and Portland then the Police in some respect...This elderly lady tried to stop the Marxist for burning down the Police Station in Portland...

https://www.theblaze.com/news/portla...-elderly-woman

Cops are bending a knee to their Political Masters in both these cities. They should either ALL do the Job they are being paid to do, as well as sworn to do, or quit. Police need to make a bold statement in these cities, it has yet to happen.
They are quitting in droves all over the country. I don't blame them.
Old 08-10-2020, 02:27 PM

A lot of these departments are just basically hamstrung at this point.

I do not know how these libtard politicos expect them to keep the peace with their hands tied behind their backs.
Old 08-10-2020, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
I do not know how these libtard politicos expect them to keep the peace with their hands tied behind their backs.
They don't want them to keep the peace. They want things to spiral even further out of control so that they can continue to get elected on promises to put an end to "gun violence".
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 08-10-2020, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Chaos is what they want. This is the excuse to enact the UN "peacekeepers" within the US Dem-run cities via the Strong Cities Initiative.

Trump should take us completely out of the UN and dynamite the building, after deporting all the UN diplomats and employees. A giant middle finger to globalism--which is what the UN was set up to implement.
Old 08-10-2020, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesaun View Post
ANTIFA are the ones shooting at people. I've seen at least 5 different instances where some ANTIFA idiot fires at someone for driving away. And we all know the young dumb kid who pointed his rifle at somebody and paid with his life.
ANTIFA has become exactly what they claim to oppose.
Old 08-10-2020, 03:13 PM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickeyee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesaun View Post
ANTIFA are the ones shooting at people. I've seen at least 5 different instances where some ANTIFA idiot fires at someone for driving away. And we all know the young dumb kid who pointed his rifle at somebody and paid with his life.
ANTIFA has become exactly what they claim to oppose.
Become? Hell, they always WERE.
Old 08-10-2020, 05:17 PM

Unfortunately (for them) the net effect of this will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
They don't want them to keep the peace. They want things to spiral even further out of control so that they can continue to get elected on promises to put an end to "gun violence".
To give the current administration another four years in office.
Old 08-10-2020, 05:31 PM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Quote:
To give the current administration another four years in office.
Not sure I understand your post.
Old 08-10-2020, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I think we can all agree that she is nothing but a puppet of the hardcore left Seattle city council, who chose her simply because she fit their profile of an ideal police chief. I just hope she begins to realize that even "the enemy" (gun owners) respect, support and are willing to defend her rights.
I seem to remember she issued a letter to the city council (and had it published to the citizens) that citizens would have to defend themselves since the police were being ordered to stand down, and especially if they were de-funded... that usually is an indication that she is starting to realize that the city "leaders" are not on the side of law and order and that the citizens are going to be left on their own for their security. Possibly an indication of a beginning of a mindset change; one can always hope, but we'll see how she goes forward and if the city "leaders" decide to keep her on.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 08-10-2020, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW McVay View Post
He means that observation of this chaos (Seattle, Portland, etc) -- and those behind and pushing for more of the chaos -- will help persuade more voters that Dem "leadership" would be a disaster; and thus, these voters will choose four more years of President Trump.

(USMM guy and I have shared so many opinions (and these opinions are usually very similar) that perhaps it's easy for me to understand the intent).

"Freedom is only a temporary thing unless it is backed by the blunt capability and willingness to fight back against evil with sufficient arms." -- Myself

Last edited by chrysanthemum; 08-10-2020 at 05:55 PM.
Old 08-10-2020, 06:01 PM

Plus part of his post was in the post's title. Sometimes I miss that too.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:02 PM

I am not sure if you are addressing Dana or myself.

Quote:
I will attempt to clarify. I think that the current state of affairs. Whereby some of these peace and love fake liberal elected officials think that hog tying the police is they way to go, insofar as keeping the peace. This is bogus in the extreme.

I am saying that if lawlessness is allowed to reign unchecked in these urban areas currently governed by these commies. That the good people of this nation will see that their best interests will best be served by keeping the current occupant of the White house in office for another four year term.
Old 08-11-2020, 05:09 AM

^^^Been saying this since the Riots started. Antifa and BLM-related Riots are free campaign ad's for POTUS...The Lefty's made a grave miscalculation letting this go on so long, they figured the "chaos" will induce folks to vote against POTUS. How stupid can they be. The Democratic Party is the party of high-taxes, open borders, death (abortion), anti-religion, and the Criminal (the Riots have cemented the latter item in the minds of the masses).

Don't believe the fake polls, 4 years ago at this time most polls predicted Clinton would have an electoral landslide. We will have a landslide in 2020 but it will be for the Re-election of Donald J. Trump.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 08-11-2020 at 06:26 AM.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:01 AM

I think that some of these politicos are figuring it out though.

Laurie Lightfoot ran on a love and peace ticket. But after the big riot and looting the other day she came out saying that these rioters and looters need to be dealt with harshly.

To bad Rahm Emanuel is not still there. I could just hear him now. "Well they did accidently break a few windows. But they did not really take all that much stuff." Something like that.

Yep they continue to bail out, one by one.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/se...ocid=Peregrine

Last edited by USMM guy; 08-11-2020 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:13 AM
Administrator

Well, it looks like even a leftist anti-gun police chief sometimes can finally get fed up with the crap that's going on:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/se...V2C?li=BBnb7Kz

She's just announced her retirement after the Seattle city council voted to strip $3 million and 100 cops from the police force.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Well, it looks like even a leftist anti-gun police chief sometimes can finally get fed up with the crap that's going on:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/se...V2C?li=BBnb7Kz

She's just announced her retirement after the Seattle city council voted to strip $3 million and 100 cops from the police force.
Well, assuming she wasn't secretly forced out, I have to give her kudos for standing up the the C.C...Not easy to walk away from a high-paying job...The entire Force should do a week long walk out. They need to do something dramatic, right now the PD there is on a slow motion path to oblivion.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 08-11-2020 at 10:26 AM.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:28 AM
Administrator

The news article also said they were cutting her pay, although I don't know by how much. Between this, the protesters at her house and the anarchy in Seattle I believe she's finally starting to see the light.

I don't know what sort of Yes Man they intend to replace her with, but he/she/it is going to have their work cut out for them. Seattle has been needing MORE police for a long time, not less. The Rainier Avenue strip has been like a mini south Chicago for a long time, and it's only getting worse.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
^^^Been saying this since the Riots started. Antifa and BLM-related Riots are free campaign ad's for POTUS...The Lefty's made a grave miscalculation letting this go on so long, they figured the "chaos" will induce folks to vote against POTUS. How stupid can they be. The Democratic Party is the party of high-taxes, open borders, death (abortion), anti-religion, and the Criminal (the Riots have cemented the latter item in the minds of the masses).

Don't believe the fake polls, 4 years ago at this time most polls predicted Clinton would have an electoral landslide. We will have a landslide in 2020 but it will be for the Re-election of Donald J. Trump.
+1911 on both main points.

As to the election, I remember how you predicted the 2016 results far in advance... before hardly anyone else gave Trump much of a chance.

I'm hoping and counting on a repeat.

"Freedom is only a temporary thing unless it is backed by the blunt capability and willingness to fight back against evil with sufficient arms." -- Myself
Old 08-11-2020, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
They are quitting in droves all over the country. I don't blame them.
Yep, and just today: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/se...id=mailsignout

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 08-11-2020, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysanthemum View Post
+1911 on both main points.

As to the election, I remember how you predicted the 2016 results far in advance... before hardly anyone else gave Trump much of a chance.

I'm hoping and counting on a repeat.
Thanks My Friend for the "nod", you have a good memory it did take some time for the forum to warm up to candidate Trump in 2016...God willing we will be having a huge celebration in early November.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 08-11-2020, 11:00 AM

Quote:
The news article also said they were cutting her pay, although I don't know by how much. Between this, the protesters at her house and the anarchy in Seattle I believe she's finally starting to see the light.

I don't know what sort of Yes Man they intend to replace her with, but he/she/it is going to have their work cut out for them. Seattle has been needing MORE police for a long time, not less. The Rainier Avenue strip has been like a mini south Chicago for a long time, and it's only getting worse.
I think the two bolded sections above have a lot to do with each other.....I doubt she's seeing any "light", other than her lighter paycheck. No one gets selected for high office at any level--city, state or national--without being on board with the larger agenda. Such people are either greedy for power, or blackmailed, or simply amoral opportunists. She will move on to a more lucrative position somewhere. She may have been chosen as the fall guy and will be rewarded for it.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:20 AM

It looks to me that she is a better person than some here have given her credit for. I certainly would not stay in that ****hole of a city if I could escape from it. Am willing to bet she lands somewhere else that is hopefully less-antisociety.

Don't trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips. He WILL rip you off.
All my 1911s are in .45acp. Why? Because size matters.--Me
Weapon capacity is important for those planning to miss a lot.--Bruce Nelson