Police K9 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 07-28-2020, 07:07 PM

Police K9

Hello again everyone. A few years ago I finally got on our SERT team (our version of SWAT) after so many years or wanting to but being a single father for so long I knew I couldn't give the time. I re-married and my daughter started driving so I got on the team. I was the only person who got on the team out of six attempting and the closest to my age was 14 years younger than me. I also always wanted to be a K9 handler so I was able to put in for that and get my dog in November 2018. We started K9 school January 2019 and graduated April 30, 2019 and we have been on the street ever since. I love my dog though he is a pain in the ass some of the time lol. He is a Belgian Malinois and as high energy as they come. He is a great partner. Due to lack of funds and equipment I discovered a non-profit (called Spike's K9 fund) that helps law enforcement K9's and run fund raisers to get dogs ballistic harnesses. They also get needed items like vehicle safety systems and pay vet bills for sick or injured K9's. I linked the fundraiser in my signature line if you are interested. I can't attach any photos as I don't have them saved online. In January I will at my department for 21 years. Be safe everyone.
This is a link to my departments Spike's K9 fundraiser to get our dogs ballistic harnesses to protect them. Please share this fundraiser and any donation know that I am my K9 partner thank you. https://www.classy.org/fundraiser/2832188
Old 07-29-2020, 12:20 AM

Congratulations! K-9 can be both the best and worst job on the force. It is very demanding and can be considered a 24/7 job IMHO.
I worked a Mal for about 5 years and "debated" with him frequently on who was the Alpha.
Stay safe.
Old 07-29-2020, 12:25 AM

Yeah it is a ton of work and my Mal and I have had a few disagreements on who is the Alpha. It is amazing on how good he is about some stuff and then it all can go to crap. Good and bad moods, the dog and I. I love the butthead but some days... some days lol.
This is a link to my departments Spike's K9 fundraiser to get our dogs ballistic harnesses to protect them. Please share this fundraiser and any donation know that I am my K9 partner thank you. https://www.classy.org/fundraiser/2832188
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2020, 07:18 PM

Thank you to whomever has shared and or donated to our Spike's fundraiser!