they'll leave 2A alone. They're coming for ammo. - Page 5 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 07-27-2020, 05:16 AM

The reason the 1960's civil-rights movement succeeded is because it was mostly peaceful based.

On the other hand, all violent movements in this country have failed, every one of them including the Confederates of 1860, various Black-Power-terrorists, White-power-Terrorists, etc., etc.

American's generally want to be fair with all people's here, and are indeed slow to anger, but the Evil-and Violent Riots in these cities will be put down in short order, just like all the violent attempts in our history. They are actually quite helpful for the political-right, while most American's are sympathetic to peaceful protest, few are sympathetic to violate protest. Each riot, each beating of an innocent, each firebombing, all the destruction, are creating more voters against the Marxist-Mob. And these voters will vote for the Constitution and the rule of law.

The Lefty has made a great miscalculation, they were successful with incremental approaches against the constitution over the years, but they went overboard in 2020 with actions which will help defeat them for some good # of years.

Rumor has it Dem VP running mate=Kamela Harris, OM_Goodness, a senile old Man who doesn't know where he is, and a Air-Head-Far-Lefty-Loon at his side who crumbles when asked real-time questions in a debate...Like I have been saying Biggest Electoral Landslide ever - Trump wins.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 07-27-2020 at 05:35 AM.
Old 07-27-2020, 07:12 AM

@javechin colt

You forgot to mention the Marshall plan. US rebuilt Europe after the war. European economy, hate to say is, depends on leaching off US for defense. If you spent what you should spend to keep the big bad Russians out, you could not afford your welfare programs. For all your combined economy you got one combined aircraft carrier :]

And China is not a superpower either. Their entire economy is based on us spending our money on their junk. We could crush them by staying out of Walmart for two weeks. The debt? Who says we have to pay it back? Debt works when you can enforce collection..

US has no external enemies that can challenge us. Our biggest problem is too much prosperity, it breeds a population unwilling to put in the work to maintain greatness.
Old 07-27-2020, 11:01 AM

The USA isn't completely ruled like the EU by panty shield users, the women too.

DJT stood up to the an unbeatable HRC, Democraps, the media, hollywood, gays, teacher's unions, and other assorted garbage and prevailed.

Oh, he had a little bit of help from We The People.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2020, 05:16 PM

15roundsof9,

To be honest, you are right, the Marshall Plan help to rebuild european economies devastated by the war but nothing was for free. You put the money and Europe was dependent on the US for political issues for decades.

Regarding the Defense of Europe I agree with you, the US taxpayer should not pay a single dollar for the European Defense. It is our own bussiness not yours, we are the greatest economy in the World and we can afford it, period.

Vos Parate, the EU is ruled by politicians that have never been elected by people, that is the main difference with the US. An important issue.

Ammo control is most important part of gun control, I can attest about it, here the purchase of ammunition and reloading components is restricted to holders of firearm licenses and always in limited qtys per year.
Old 07-28-2020, 11:57 AM

That is not the only important difference Javachin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javichin colt View Post
15roundsof9,
Vos Parate, the EU is ruled by politicians that have never been elected by people, that is the main difference with the US. An important issue.
We have a whole different set up over here. Here our constitution limits what our government can do. It is very clearly defined.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fzI...em-uploademail
Old 07-28-2020, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivoak View Post

No. They won’t give illegals voting rights. The Constitution prohibits that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
LOL. Do you think the dems give a damn about the Constitution? They would love to throw it in the shredder. They may not give ILLEGALS the right to vote, but if they get the WH and all of Congress what will happen is that they will pass legislation that will make illegals instant citizens. THEN give them full voting rights. Believe me, they would work on other “laws” as well that will give them a permanent majority from here on out.
Old 07-28-2020, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
You're comparing suicide to a constitutional right.

The sky is not falling. Our rights are improving.
He's comparing legally owned products and how the self-appointed would-be rulers have a working model of how to ostracize a segment of society for the products they use and own and achieve "social engineering". All in the name of political correctness (or "the greater good" as they have sometimes used - they do not know you, or me, and do not care, they only care about control through their own edicts to run the world according to their own view).

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 07-28-2020, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Our rights are improving.
What does that even mean? That the parasites in this country use activist judges to turn entitlements into “rights”?

There’s only one right, to be left alone. It can’t be improved, it only has to be defended.
Old 07-28-2020, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
All of which does nothing to answer a constitutional right. That means there is no comparison until and unless the right to smoke becomes just such a right.

And speaking as an ex-smoker, it's suicide. The rest is arm waving.

If you smoke without having any impact on me or mine, I wish you the best. But you know what? Nobody does.

Your disdain for the "greater good" bears a striking resemblance to what "woke" folks think about manifest destiny.
First bold - Read the 9th Amendment again - "The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people". My own personal opinion is that there are many rights that are not enumerated that are consistent with "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness" in the second paragraph of the Declaration of Independence, and are embodied in the 9th Amendment. As far as enumerated rights under the BoR, the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial branches have trodden all over many of the most important ones, so enumerated or not, they are only as good as We the People uphold them.

Second bold - this is a gun forum, so smoking or other use of tobacco products is off-topic, and is a hijack of this thread; not open for a discussion here. Same note for bold item three.

Fourth bold - you have no idea whatsoever what my view is of "manifest destiny". I have heard the "for the greater good" collectivist excuse used for paving the road to Hell for most of my life, and the collectivist manifesto always uses it to strip individual rights from the People and relegate it to government administrators that wish to impose their own decrees on all others.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 07-28-2020, 08:41 PM

Usually when someone talks about doing something “for the greater good”, nothing good comes from it.
Old 07-28-2020, 09:34 PM

"For The Greater Good" brings to my mind images of red and white flags with twisted crosses in the center, camps where those deemed "unworthy" or "deplorable" are held for "disposal" or "re-education" and gas chambers.

I'm not sorry that I don't have any positive associations with the phrase. Even in popular culture it is shown to be a top-down authoritarian thing (Grindelwald, anyone?)

You're not gonna get any traction here with that kinda thought. Most of the people in this board are the kids and grandkids of those who fought real literal Nazis and real literal Communists.

And some of us -- those grandkids of those who fought Nazi and Communists -- are just itching to have a go at the baby bolsheviks of today. The only thing stopping us is basic human decency, and the fact that we still obey laws.

Unlike those rioting "for the greater good" in Seattle and Portland and DC and NYC and Chicago.

You will not find a sympathetic ear here.
-----------------------^--------
Member NRA, GOA, SAF, VCDL, FL Carry, USCCA
Old 07-29-2020, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
The Lefty has made a great miscalculation, they were successful with incremental approaches against the constitution over the years, but they went overboard in 2020 with actions which will help defeat them for some good # of years.
100%
I was watching Chicago,
like everybody and wondering how Lori Lightfoot got the job.
Then I was thinking that she has got to be the most powerful 2A advocate we've got.
I mean, even with mainstream press suppressing and sanitizing everything,
it's still clear to everybody that Chicago is a disaster.
Old 07-29-2020, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGWright View Post
100%
I was watching Chicago,
like everybody and wondering how Lori Lightfoot got the job.
Then I was thinking that she has got to be the most powerful 2A advocate we've got.
I mean, even with mainstream press suppressing and sanitizing everything,
it's still clear to everybody that Chicago is a disaster.
Yes, and we can also add Portland and Seattle...Poster child cities as to why Independents and Moderate-Dems will vote against the Left.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 07-29-2020, 07:01 AM

Quote:
I don't buy the 9th argument. Good luck.
WTH is that supposed to mean? In what way?

"That which you come by too easily, you value too lightly."
Old 07-29-2020, 07:12 AM

The entire orientation of the Declaration, Constitution and specifically Bill of Rights is to define "the greater good" as the maximum personal freedom to live life as the individual sees fit. It's a lot messier than "the greater good" applied by authoritarian govts, but works better for the individual. It does obviously presume that people are acting in good faith and being responsible. Those who are not doing so risk fines, jail time, and worst of all, unfriending on Fakebook.

The tricky part is deciding what crosses the line and what is in the realm of personal decision, and probably no two people will have exactly the same answers to every situation. For me and probably most people, the basic rule of thumb is "Am I directly hurting someone else by doing what I do?" If I want to put all manner of inadvisable substances into my body and suffer for it, that is my right. It's not my right to rob, steal, beat someone up, drive recklessly, etc. Perhaps 3/4 or more of situations most reasonable people would agree on, pretty cut and dried. The heated arguments are for the minority of situations.
Equal opportunity, not equal outcome.
Old 07-29-2020, 09:08 AM

I think ive heared "For the greater good" being used by some gun control group.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2020, 09:57 AM

Well, it's "For The Children!".
Old 07-29-2020, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Grey Hare View Post
And some of us -- those grandkids of those who fought Nazi and Communists -- are just itching to have a go at the baby bolsheviks of today. The only thing stopping us is basic human decency, and the fact that we still obey laws.

Unlike those rioting "for the greater good" in Seattle and Portland and DC and NYC and Chicago.

You will not find a sympathetic ear here.

I'll meet you at Old North Bridge....where ever it might be. Every Patriot should have 100 yards of good strong rope on hand!

NRA Patriot Benefactor.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:55 AM

Ammunition IS part of 2A.
Old 07-29-2020, 12:51 PM

Usually it involves giving up something that you already have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welder Guy View Post
Usually when someone talks about doing something “for the greater good”, nothing good comes from it.
In exchange for a vague promise of something better down the line. That for whatever reason, never actually seems to materialize.
Old 07-29-2020, 01:55 PM

The useless SCOTUS should have already addressed that ammunition is protected under the Second Amendment. Arms is an inclusive term that includes ammunition and should never be controlled.
Old 07-29-2020, 03:30 PM

"They" don't need to ban ammo. "We" have already made it disappear!
Paul
Old 07-29-2020, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
We have a whole different set up over here. Here our constitution limits what our government can do. It is very clearly defined.

The real trick however is trying to get the lifer politicians to stand by their oaths and actually OBEY and FOLLOW the Constitution.
Old 07-29-2020, 05:50 PM

Hanging a few would help.
Old 07-29-2020, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaniecowpony View Post
Ammunition IS part of 2A.
Does not matter. They won't infringe it, they will just tax the crap out of it so it's unattainable.

Obama tried to buy it all up, remember when the USPS bought how many billion rounds of 22LR? Where did it all go?!? All the other Govt agencies were made to buy up all the ammo they could. That was a waste of taxpayer money. But TAXING the stuff, will be how the dems pay for more welfare programs.