1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 07-24-2020, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
Exactly. The leftist protesters and marchers were threatening to take their message straight to rural American communities. For the most part that never materialized. Apparently they realized that probably wasn't a very smart idea.
They won't have police protection out away from the cities.
Old 07-24-2020, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC shooter View Post
They won't have police protection out away from the cities.
Yes, this is the main reason why they don't come "out here". Instead, they stay in the Lefty run cities where the cops are mostly asked to stand down. I've said it before and I will say it again, these people are cowards and will melt against a determined foe of any strength......Not only that, they get much more press coverage in major-cities than Nowhere-USA.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 07-24-2020, 12:48 PM

Of course we are in a Civil War at this point, as far as violence still on the light side but violence nevertheless...When the Marxist-Mob try's to destroy Federal buildings in Portland and Seattle and with their Mayors participating in this attack on the side of the mob, this is analogous 1:1 (albeit on a smaller scale) with the confederates firing on Ft Sumter. Different root causes of course, but the tactical actions are both Insurrection against America, especially when the local politicians are the enablers.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 07-24-2020 at 04:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2020, 04:07 PM

You should have known this was coming: California has been warning you all for years what you could expect.

First, they put together an ammo registry. Who buys what is now recorded.
Then they said no lead bullets for hunting - it's to protect the condors.
Now they're saying no more lead ammo anywhere, not even at the range, it's to protect the environment.

For decades the rest of the country had a good laugh at what California was doing to itself. Now that your own politicians are going to do the same to you, its not so funny any more, is it?

- Daniel Webster
Old 07-24-2020, 06:29 PM

A member of another forum I frequent said that social media notices are going out for “demonstrators” to rise up in Richmond VA tomorrow and "turn it into another Portland". Openly saying they're going to tear stuff down. Any of you VA residents hear anything about it?
Given that there is an Antifa presence there it may not just be a bunch of talk. Plus the RPD is hamstrung by the mayor and we know what governor of VA is like.
Old 07-24-2020, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aklon View Post
You should have known this was coming: California has been warning you all for years what you could expect.

First, they put together an ammo registry. Who buys what is now recorded.
Then they said no lead bullets for hunting - it's to protect the condors.
Now they're saying no more lead ammo anywhere, not even at the range, it's to protect the environment.

For decades the rest of the country had a good laugh at what California was doing to itself. Now that your own politicians are going to do the same to you, its not so funny any more, is it?
Actually I wasn't laughing. I have to admit I wonder why the citizens of California allowed this to happen. At the end of the day you got what the citizens voted for.
Old 07-24-2020, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welder Guy View Post
A member of another forum I frequent said that social media notices are going out for “demonstrators” to rise up in Richmond VA tomorrow and "turn it into another Portland". Openly saying they're going to tear stuff down. Any of you VA residents hear anything about it?
Given that there is an Antifa presence there it may not just be a bunch of talk. Plus the RPD is hamstrung by the mayor and we know what governor of VA is like.
Before Americans can defeat antifa and BLM, they will first have to defeat their own governments, who are now literal sponsors and protectors of those terror groups. If you want to see a serious police response, get a large group together and engage those social justice terrorists as they are destroying your city. Keep your lawyer on speed dial.
Old 07-24-2020, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welder Guy View Post
No... Haven't heard a peep. Honest... Everyone is currently going wild over the school board's decision to delay opening schools (in person) for 9 weeks (i.e. right after Halloween, that first Monday in Nov.) How the {expletive} are people supposed to go to work with little elementary school kids at home?
Old 07-24-2020, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButchA View Post
No... Haven't heard a peep. Honest... Everyone is currently going wild over the school board's decision to delay opening schools (in person) for 9 weeks (i.e. right after Halloween, that first Monday in Nov.) How the {expletive} are people supposed to go to work with little elementary school kids at home?
Bingo.
Equal opportunity, not equal outcome.
Old 07-24-2020, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT77 View Post
Could not be more wrong. Banning guns works great in totalitarian countries like the one the Democrats want to build. If you don't comply, they just put a bullet in the back of your head.
AKA - Arkancide!
Old 07-25-2020, 12:05 AM

"If Americans wont put a stop to this... then they probably deserve it."

Of course if everyone agreed with the marxists there wouldn't be any fighting, the problem is many of us hate everything they stand for, and WE don't deserve it.
I've thought many times about what I'd do in a civil war, well, no one knows until circumstances overtake us. In my case, probably not the normal case, I hate death, always have. I do NOT want to kill anyone!
But those pesky circumstances might back me into a corner, this I pray doesn't happen.
416 stainless Sig P-238 & P938 triggers
Old 07-25-2020, 07:11 AM

Heads up Richmond.
https://www.wric.com/news/local-news...s-monroe-park/
Old 07-25-2020, 01:18 PM

What the Holy Bible offers

Quote:
A bumper sticker I saw years ago has always stuck in my mind and gave me a bit of comfort also.
It said; "Christians are not perfect they are just saved"

I am like you and I would fight to the death any enemy that was a threat to my country, my home and my loved ones. I don't think God holds it against us to defend ourselves if necessary. That is my belief and I hope it never comes to it ...
In multiple places the Bible enjoins us to obey the rightful King. With this clearly in mind: the framers made the Constitution king in the U.S.A. And almost certainly this is the reason the only allegiance required by government officials is to the Constitution.
Old 07-25-2020, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgt_usa View Post
In multiple places the Bible enjoins us to obey the rightful King. With this clearly in mind: the framers made the Constitution king in the U.S.A. And almost certainly this is the reason the only allegiance required by government officials is to the Constitution.

I understand what you’re saying but we were founded more or less with the separation of Church and State as a basic principal to keep the government from taking over and regulating religion. If they separated Church and State then it seems right that law makers and government officials pledge to uphold the law of the land which is The US Constitution but they no longer honor their pledge.

In those days not all but many of the men writing the Constitution were religious and I think they were guided by God when founding the country. They placed a remedy in the Bill Of Rights in case the government officials became tyrannical and Godless like they are today.

I know those men dealt with hard times and bad people but I have to wonder if they could imagine the leftist sleaze, corruption and evil dishonesty that has rooted itself in our government.

I also tried to find something about God and The US Constitution below.

From The Christian Post

https://www.christianpost.com/news/g...stitution.html

The two key founding documents in American history are the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. The first explains why we exist as a nation. Not only does the Declaration mention God four times, most importantly, it says that our rights come from the Creator.

The Constitution explains how we exist as a nation---how we are to function. The Constitution is predicated on the Declaration. When skeptics claim the Constitution doesn't mention God (which it does, in the ratification clause), they ignore that the latter is predicated on the former.

There were 55 men who assembled in what we now call the Constitutional Convention. Research shows that 50 to 52 of those men were members in good standing of Trinitarian churches. Many of them were even presidents and founders of Bible societies.

Certainly, Benjamin Franklin was not a Trinitarian, nor a member of such a church. Yet after weeks of wheel-spinning at the convention, on June 28, 1787, Dr. Franklin delivered a speech, asking them how it is that they had forgotten to seek God's help.

He said, "In the beginning of the contest with Great Britain, when we were sensible of danger, we had daily prayer in this room for divine protection. Our prayers, Sir, were heard, and they were graciously answered. All of us who were engaged in the struggle must have observed frequent instances of a superintending Providence in our favor."

He went on to say, "I have lived, Sir, a long time, and the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth---that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid?"

He asked that they pray. A variation of his request for prayer was accepted---so on July 4th, they all attended worship together at a local Christian church and prayed together. After they met, much of the acrimony had died down; and they were able to produce the Constitution. And again, Franklin was one of the least religious/orthodox of our nation's founding fathers.
Old 07-25-2020, 04:58 PM

The "Church & State" argument remains lame as hell: the Founders meant "Don't mandate a State Religion [Church Of England] and Leave The Religious Alone [stop persecuting the Puritans and Lutherans and others]".

I'm fairly sure they didn't mean ruining Christmas, Easter; tax-free Churches and even schools. Even if folks were not Religious, they knew what an Oath, Swearing-to, and A Mans Word was worth. Perhaps because they sensibly allowed dueling, and your Given Word was good - or you were not..
Old 07-25-2020, 07:37 PM

Quote:

I know those men dealt with hard times and bad people but I have to wonder if they could imagine the leftist sleaze, corruption and evil dishonesty that has rooted itself in our government.

Yes, I think they did. They had lived it here, under English occupation, or they were children of those who lived it there, under an English king.

When today's Democrats and Marxists speak, I don't hear John F. Kennedy. I hear Stalin, I hear Lenin.

I hear LBJ. Speak out of both sides of his mouth... "Civil Rights Act!!! We're giving you free stuff!!!!" And also, "We'll have those (distasteful word for black folk) voting Democrat for the next 200 years"

I hear King George III. (paraphrased) NOne of my subjects are to be armed! The Colonies must surrender their firelocks! The Colonies exist only to make me money!

Yeah, I think they imagined horrors on the par with Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot and a host of others. Hence, the 2nd Amendment.

As far as I am concerned, New York City *never* recovered from being the central hub of Royal power in America. They still think the same way!

I mean *right* after Kennedy they went form "ask not what your country can do for you" to "I"ll give you free stuff if you vote for me!"

Part of me thinks the Democrats had Kennedy killed, but now that gets into deep tinfoil-hattery. But I do think JFK was an anomaly. He should've been a Republican.
-----------------------^--------
Member NRA, GOA, SAF, VCDL, FL Carry, USCCA
Old 07-25-2020, 10:21 PM

Quote:
But I do think JFK was an anomaly. He should've been a Republican.
And he might have been were he alive today, though the families political inertia may have neutered him. I don't feel that he fits my own template as a true Conservative even so.
416 stainless Sig P-238 & P938 triggers
Old 07-26-2020, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight Medic View Post
Yep, if the Dems get in this November they will open borders and give illegals voting rights. With that, they will control the White House for decades.
.....until everybody else's money runs out.
Old 07-26-2020, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenGrunt View Post
The kind of people you see in the paint no longer exist, real americans have been replaced over the last four decades for a bunch of third world people and white communist, just take a look to your cities...

God Bless..
Old 07-26-2020, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by javichin colt View Post
The kind of people you see in the paint no longer exist, real americans have been replaced over the last four decades for a bunch of third world people and white communist, just take a look to your cities...

God Bless..
That's the thing, Javichin... between our large, Democrat cities is a vast Basket of Deplorables that everyone makes fun of. And at least for now our system of government is set up to prevent those huge, densely-populated cities from overriding the wishes of the rest of the country.

That huge expanse between the big cities is "real" America.

USA isn't New York, Portland, Seattle, LA, etc.

Sure, they get the glory, and all the media coverage.

But "real" America is little pink houses, it's farms, it's people trying to do the best they can with the **** sandwich they've been served.

I think there's still hope for us. This, our darkest year since 1968, may just be the catalyst to right the ship.
-----------------------^--------
Member NRA, GOA, SAF, VCDL, FL Carry, USCCA
Old 07-26-2020, 07:03 AM

Quote:

God Bless..
Yup. The numbers don't lie. Sadly, many are still buying into the Hannity type crap that claims we can turn them into conservatives.
Old 07-26-2020, 07:17 AM
Adminstrator

Quote:

God Bless..
Bullcrap. Clearly you do not know much about America.
Old 07-26-2020, 07:18 AM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT77 View Post
Yup. The numbers don't lie. Sadly, many are still buying into the Hannity type crap that claims we can turn them into conservatives.
I've about had enough with your pathetic defeatist attitude. I suggest you take a break from the Forum for awhile.
Old 07-26-2020, 07:19 AM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Grey Hare View Post
That's the thing, Javichin... between our large, Democrat cities is a vast Basket of Deplorables that everyone makes fun of. And at least for now our system of government is set up to prevent those huge, densely-populated cities from overriding the wishes of the rest of the country.

That huge expanse between the big cities is "real" America.

USA isn't New York, Portland, Seattle, LA, etc.

Sure, they get the glory, and all the media coverage.

But "real" America is little pink houses, it's farms, it's people trying to do the best they can with the **** sandwich they've been served.

I think there's still hope for us. This, our darkest year since 1968, may just be the catalyst to right the ship.
Solid.
Old 07-26-2020, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW McVay View Post
Bullcrap. Clearly you do not know much about America.

Agree, some folks are getting a very distorted view of most of America. They need to shut the fake-news off.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper