Do you personally know anyone with C19? - Page 3 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 04-28-2020, 02:56 PM

[QUOTE=magazineman;13140198]parallax------------------ Do you expect people here to furnish you with the personal medical records, or the Death Certificates of their friends & relatives?

I think Parallax was just saying that he didn't know anyone with a confirmed case. I think there are a lot of people like me that had a repository infection of some kind or another earlier this year and didn't bother to get tested. In that context his reply makes sense and isn't inflammatory at all.

To the OP, I don't know anyone that's tested positive. My BIL had a bad case of something, to the extent that he wrote goodbye letters to my sister and nieces in the middle of the night. He got tested and it came back "inconclusive". He has since recovered from whatever he had.

The official count in the county I live in is 5. Which is where it's been for the last month.
Old 04-28-2020, 03:01 PM

A friend of 50 years passed away from the flu in Feb. One of her symptoms was no longer being able to breathe. She was rushed to a rural ER, but she didn't make it. We now think it was associated to the China-19 before much was really known about the symptoms.
Old 04-28-2020, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

Yes I did. She passed away three weeks ago. Elderly with lots of other health conditions.
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2020, 04:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky T View Post
Yes I did. She passed away three weeks ago. Elderly with lots of other health conditions.
This is where the question of "confirmed" comes into play.... elderly, lots of health conditions- if Covid didn't exist, would she still have passed away in the same time frame? Who knows?

Remember, COVID19 [Ipays[/I] for local and State governments.....

The vast majority of "COVOID19" deaths seem to be unconfirmed, by legitimate testing.- because, anything associated with the pandemic brings Federal dollars....
Old 04-28-2020, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

She maybe a probable number game to some, but to her family and her friends (including me), it's a painful loss.
Old 04-28-2020, 04:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky T View Post
She maybe a probable number game to some, but to her family and her friends (including me), it's a painful loss.
You and yours have my condolences ... my intention is not to marginalize your loss. I simply used you're example as a case that could easily be manipulated or CoD influenced, for financial gain....
Old 04-28-2020, 05:48 PM

I know of no Wuhan virus cases. The local rumors I've heard are anecdotal and disseminated via social media. Reliability is probably quite low.
Old 04-28-2020, 06:58 PM

Yes. One friend in upstate N.Y. in his 70's died of it.

One older friend in Manchester, England died of it.

My ex-wife's cousin died in Detroit. She went twice to the hospital to be checked. Told she had Covid and told to go home and self quarantine. The hospital admitted her in the third time she went and she died 2 nights later. She was 52 and a speech therapist.

I have several relatives and friends who have been quite ill with some flu like thing that has not been normal flu. Sick enough to not go to work (before the lockdown) but not sick enough for a hospital. There was no testing so no way to tell early on. Still hardly any testing.

tipoc
Old 04-29-2020, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magazineman View Post
parallax------------------ Do you expect people here to furnish you with the personal medical records, or the Death Certificates of their friends & relatives?

Dude, NO WAY is anyone going to post their own, or anyone else's private documents.

However, previously on 4/17 in the thread titled "Presumed Guilty / Infected" I mentioned the passing of our friends uncle. A French doctor that I've interacted with with at family events Dr. Souvanlasy. My wife is Laotian, BTW.

I mention Kabkeo here because as a fairly well-known doctor, with an unusual name, his passing from Covid 19 should be easily found online. Maybe you will consider that as "proof"

But that said, I find this line of questioning rather distasteful.
Don't be so dramatic. It sounds like he was answering the OP, not responding to you....
Old 04-29-2020, 12:11 PM

I find this Covid-19 pandemic deeply troubling, based on a personal experience. In 1957, I was part of 300,00 or more scouts from around the world who attended the 1957 Jamboree at Valley Forge, Pa. On the last day I got sick and was unable to attend the closing ceremonies. The leaders of the troops told a "monitor" that I was in a tent marked with a flag and to keep an eye on me. He stopped by and felt my forehead and immediately called the US Army medics. I was taken to a field hospital and the doctor declared me to be a "red blanket' (that is someone in dire medical straits). Was taken to US army Hospital at Valley Forge and placed in quarantine along with fifty other scouts in similar medical condition. No one knew what we had, other than it was highly contagious and we were all in very bad shape. Whenever we moved for testing, the entire hospital wing was shut down and MP's Led the procession with medical personnel washing the floors, walls and ceilings down with bleach and disinfectant as our group moved down the hall. Eventually they called the medical issue that hit us The Asian Flu, it killed 230,000 people very quickly. After 10 days under quarantine I was allowed to go home, lost a good deal of weight and took several weeks to fully recover. This experience put me in the first group of people to be exposed to this variety of flu. For a 14 year old it was really a scary experience. Those of us under quarantine were so weak, we needed constant help to move in any direction. Our clothing, bedding and anything we touched was burned. Those that worked in there were all volunteers and every time they left the ward their clothing was burned, they lived in a ward next door and were not allowed to be amongst other soldiers on base. No one in my group died, but others did.
So for me seeing people on the beach, walking around the streets, or playing basketball sends a shiver down my spine. The politicians are even scarier. This virus is even worst and the people that are protesting, and opening up (too early in mine opinion) have no idea what they are looking at in terms of illness. With 1957 fresh in my mind, I will be content to stay in lockdown as long as possible, Flu of any type is bad, this version of the virus is going to prove to be even more deadly.
My one son's mother in law was ill with Covid 19, gave her a combination of drugs and she is now on 14 day lockdown, 95 years old, caught it in a hospital where she was a patient after emergency surgery.

Stay safe.
Old 04-29-2020, 01:20 PM

Yes, a coworker in her 30s, her parents in their 60s, and one of her three children. They all live in the same house.
Old 04-29-2020, 04:04 PM

parralax --------- Sorry, I think that I misinterpreted what your post. I thought you were digging for proof. My bad.

News item: I don't know them, but SEVENTY dead veterans at just ONE rest home in Massachusetts.

Were crisis mismanagement, & age/underlying conditions factors?

Of course, yes.

But is 70 fatalities their normal seasonal flu toll? Unless that place is the size of a city I doubt it.

As I said before: This ain't you Father's flu.
Old 04-29-2020, 04:12 PM

Keep in mind that here in San Diego County where most folks are taking this more seriously than those in some other places, we have had only 118 deaths as of today.

People here (for the most part) were Early Adopters of quarantines, masks (voluntary) distancing etc.

That's only 118 dead out of 3.338 MILLION people!

To dismiss precautionary measures is obviously an error.
Old 04-29-2020, 05:46 PM

Covid-19

A close friend of mine died of it and another close friend (but younger) had a lot of symptoms but seems to be almost recovered (from whatever) after 3 weeks.
Old 04-29-2020, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magazineman View Post
parralax --------- Sorry, I think that I misinterpreted what your post. I thought you were digging for proof. My bad.

News item: I don't know them, but SEVENTY dead veterans at just ONE rest home in Massachusetts.

Were crisis mismanagement, & age/underlying conditions factors?

Of course, yes.

But is 70 fatalities their normal seasonal flu toll? Unless that place is the size of a city I doubt it.

As I said before: This ain't you Father's flu.

I knew three of those guys at the Soldiers Home, one was a family friend.

Now a co-worker just tested positive.

I just read more Americans have died from this flu than all US casualties in Vietnam.
Old 04-29-2020, 06:04 PM

Yes, a close personal friend, He passed out at work. Was on a ventilator in a medically induced a coma for over 3 weeks. Came very close to dying. He is 39. In decent shape. No underlying medical issues. Has allegories and that’s about it.
His girlfriend also contracted it and tested positive. She was quarantined at home. Had a strong immune system. Got ill but not serious. Made it through it.
Also know of about 4 others personally that contracted it while working that are first responders. All made it through it.
Old 04-29-2020, 06:13 PM

I know two. Both are professional Airline pilots that also fly their own personal airplanes. Professional Airline pilots are required to get a physical every year so they are typically in good health.

The first one in Dallas went to the hospital and was put on a ventilator less than 24-hours after he got there. 8 days later, he was removed from the ventilator and release to go home 15-days after entering the hospital.

The 2nd one is in Denver. After a trip that had him in NYC, he was home and started having issues breathing. Blood O2 dropped to 82% and he could not smell Irish Spring Soap or mineral spirits. (many pilots flying small airplanes have Pulse Oximeters to check themselves when we fly high altitude) His doctor told him to self isolate himself so he moved into the loft he has in his personal hangar. (nicer than many peoples apartments) His wife delivered food and supplies to the hangar main door where he would retrieve his groceries. It was every bit of two weeks but he recovered without a hospital stay.
Old 04-29-2020, 07:09 PM

My wife is a nurse, and was exposed through work. She tested positive weekend before last, and within 2 days we both showed symptoms. We are both currently 90% recovered. I never actually got tested, but it was obvious that I had it.
Old 04-29-2020, 07:16 PM

Yes, I read in the paper this morning that a man I worked with years ago died of COVID-19. He was 93 years old. He was a nice fellow, may he rest in peace.
Old 04-29-2020, 07:19 PM

My female 1st cousin, late 40's, in Seattle, no underlying problems got it about 6 weeks ago. It kicked her ass bad but she beat it and thankfully is OK.
Old 04-29-2020, 07:30 PM

My sister-in-law's 31-year-old brother died from it last week. He had no known underlying health conditions.
Old 04-29-2020, 07:40 PM

No, nada!
Old 04-29-2020, 07:41 PM

I had it back in February, before we knew about "COVID 19" as such.

We live near a university with a lot of foreign students; quite a few students live on my block. Two sisters live next door while attending school; we're friends with their parents and were over there quite a lot while they were renovating. One of them came down with symptoms right before I did, so I must have caught it from her.

Fever, sore throat, unproductive cough, etc.
I thought it was strep throat at first, but the tell-tale throat symptoms weren't there.

I guess I was lucky; it was somewhere between "mild" and flu, although without the severe fatigue and body aches. I was down for about a week, then it slowly receded.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:03 PM

A 20-year friend of my mom's just died from it. He was 71 and otherwise healthy. My wife's cousin just recovered from it. She is 60 and did not need to be hospitalized. My brother's boss has been in bed sick with it since last week, and completely out of commission. He took his father-in-law to the doctor last week and they both got sick. His father-in-law died yesterday. We live in a Cleveland suburb.
Old 04-29-2020, 11:09 PM

There's been a lot of strokes happening to Covid patients. Strokes are usually associated with prior cardiovascular symptoms.

But they are happening to Covid 19 patients with no prior history. Scary stuff.