Backorder time? - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 08-13-2020, 09:30 PM

Backorder time?

So, I just put my deposit down on a loaded Tuesday night and I have no patience. Does anyone have an idea how long this might take? No doubt they need to assemble the special People's Republic of Khalifornia model (not Springfield's fault). I'm obviously really excited, it is my first firearm, I'll continue to root through the newb articles.

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 08-13-2020, 10:43 PM

Welcome. No idea how long will it take. But you should be in the good hands with Loaded. My first 1911 (PRK special) from a decade ago and still proudly own it.
Old 08-13-2020, 10:50 PM

Yeah, it was close between the loaded and the mil-spec. Once I found out the difference between the specific models I was looking at was only about $150 between the two , it was a no brainier.

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2020, 08:34 AM

Hope you don’t develop an attraction for checkered front straps...there would be another $250 to $350 to spend. DAMHIKT
Joe
Old 08-14-2020, 10:17 AM

Right now everybody is backed up what with everybody and their mother wanting a gun. I will say you picked a good one but should have saved a little more money and got a TRP.
Old 08-18-2020, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Coder View Post
So, I just put my deposit down on a loaded Tuesday night and I have no patience. Does anyone have an idea how long this might take? No doubt they need to assemble the special People's Republic of Khalifornia model (not Springfield's fault). I'm obviously really excited, it is my first firearm, I'll continue to root through the newb articles.
I'm from the PROM, and about to try and order the MC Operator. My FFL says none available with no ETA. I feel your pain.
Old 08-18-2020, 08:48 PM

Gunbroker has them just about everyday
Old 08-18-2020, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottl View Post
Gunbroker has them just about everyday
Yeah, I've been drooling all over that site, but it's my first firearm, so I just thought this was the "better" option. I did send in an inquiry, we'll see if they respond.

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 08-19-2020, 09:00 AM

I have a SS Range Officer. Love it. IMHO SA 1911's (any version) are a very good value at their respective price points. You made a good choice. Just turn up the "patience meter".
Old 08-19-2020, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Rogers View Post
Hope you don’t develop an attraction for checkered front straps...there would be another $250 to $350 to spend. DAMHIKT
Joe

LOL .... Then wait till you start wanting custom add on's , Trigger work
trigger guard high cuts , action work ....
Old 08-19-2020, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Coder View Post
Yeah, it was close between the loaded and the mil-spec. Once I found out the difference between the specific models I was looking at was only about $150 between the two , it was a no brainier.
Great choice, the Loaded is one of the best 1911s you can get for the money in California or anywhere. When I was living there I bought an MC Operator and it's still one of my favorite guns. No way to guess how long yours will take but as soon as you get the call head to the gun store and fill out the DROS paperwork because that's when the 10 day waiting period starts.
Old 08-19-2020, 07:44 PM

Yeah, hope it doesn't happen TOO quick, updated to a real ID, just waiting for the physical card to show up. I keep forgetting, real ID is good to go, right?

And I won't mention the parts already coming from Wilson Combat...

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 08-19-2020, 09:51 PM

Driver's license with real ID feature is good to go. Just had my DROS 2 weeks ago.
Old 08-19-2020, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Driver's license with real ID feature is good to go. Just had my DROS 2 weeks ago.
Awesome, thank you!

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 08-19-2020, 10:09 PM

BTW - Wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that Warthog in your avatar....
Old 08-20-2020, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911Rocker View Post
BTW - Wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that Warthog in your avatar....
Very much like our beloved 1911, old school simple, a **** ton of redundancy, and so perfect for the job it was designed for that they can't get right of it.

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 08-20-2020, 06:35 AM

Hopefully one of the parts you have on order from Wilson is a slide stop. My Springfield is the only 1911 that was difficult to re-assemble because of the slide stop and I quickly replaced it.

I'd recommend going slow replacing the other parts, shoot the gun stock and make sure everything is working fine. That way you'll know if the new parts caused any issues. After several years I just replaced my hammer, trigger components, and ambi safety with Ed Brown parts and very happy with the results.
Old 08-20-2020, 07:52 AM

I do plan to strip it to clean and check for burrs. I have heard about the slide stops having issues with parting lines. I am thinking about replacing the ambi safety, but I'm still researching on how to fit it.

― Friedrich Nietzsche