DETONICS photo thread ~ let's see them! No Chat!! Comments by P/M or email. - Page 2 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 09-25-2008, 06:26 PM

Another rig, this one a Bianchi 3S IWB. These are still available on the Bianchi website. This one is a left hand version, which I got used and have carried on my right hand side in about the 5 O'Clock position with a forward rake. A well made adjustable rig.

tipoc
Old 10-06-2008, 06:31 PM

Combat Master Mark VI Professional Model. Likely from the early 80s.

tipoc

Last edited by tipoc; 11-02-2008 at 06:57 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:56 PM

Combat Master MKVI. This gun has been modified by a previous owner. Note the ambi thumb safety and the altered slide release.

This gun is not marked "Professional Model". Serial numbers match on the frame slide and barrel. I figure it from the early 80s. SN CR162xx. As I understand it the frames at this point were made by Caspian.

I gotta get better at taking pics of stainless guns.

tipoc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2008, 10:25 AM

Tipoc,

Looks like an Ed Brown safety to me. I have that same safety I'm planning on mounting on my CM, but I need to relieve the grips first. Could you maybe remove the right grip and take a pic of the cut-out or relief notch some time? I need to know how much wood to remove so the 'wing' has clearance, but not so much that it flops about..

Thanks..
Old 11-11-2008, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edw794 View Post
the slide on my seattle mark 1 cm was cracked during a shooting session several years ago and the gun was sent back to GA where they replaced the slide with their stainless one. grips on this gun were made by hakan.

Love the two-tone! I tried to get that on my Servicemaster, but Georgia was out of business by then and Illinois didn't have any.

Doc
Old 11-22-2008, 10:46 AM

Parts

Looks like Combatmaster parts at www.victoryarms.com
Finally we can get recoil spring systems.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:50 PM

Early Detonics CM.....with Emerson Karambit at no extra charge.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:53 AM

That is a really early CM there Cthulhu. It looks like it has one of the screwed on front sights, so I'd guess it's a welded slide and frame, along with a 2 piece coned barrel. Looks to be in really good shape for such an oldie. Does the magazine say 45 AUTO on the bottom? How does it shoot?
Old 12-18-2008, 12:00 PM

New Detonics MK1

Hi folks. New to the 1911 Fourm but have seen a lot of nice 1911's. I just ran accross this Detonics thread and really got excited. I had a Mark V1 about 15 years ago that I let get away. I guess we have all been down that road before. I ran across a new in the box MK1 a few weeks ago and got it for a good price. Of course this is a Seattle gun. Can any of you tell me anything about the histry. The pistol is SS with a rough bead blast finish and the serial # is just over 21000. On the box it says "model #15M145. It came with the Walnut and rubber grips, paperwork and original box. I will post some photos as soon as I get it figured out. I fave a beautiful set of custom stag grips that I have held for the past 15years. It was either sell the grips or buy another 1911. Hardly a contest. Brian.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:28 AM

If your serial number begins with the prefix CR I think what you have is the model MC-1. MK-1 are blue finished pistols, some had no prefix, others had either a D, I, or C before the numbers. Pics would be very helpful. I think it being in the 21000 range puts it around 1986 manufacture.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:01 PM

Location: Indiana, hope to retire to Alaska. My wife wants to retire to Belize.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 191138super View Post
I think what you have is the model MC-1.
Ditto, there is a series of guns out there that came in 9mm, 38 Super and 45acp with a rough totally non-reflective finish, almost like shot peened finish. It sounds like that is what he has, I think that would be the MC1 model.

If the finish is a smooth dull bead blast finish then it would be a MK V.

St Gabriel Possenti Patron Saint of Handgunners
Father John Corapi, "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!"
Old 12-19-2008, 08:08 PM

Mc1

Thanks 38super and melensdad. I believe you are correct and I have a MC1. The label on the box says:
Combat Master .45 ACP, M1
Model #15M145
Serial Number CR21XXX
The finish is all bead blast over stainless steel much heaver than the frame and receiver top on the MK6 that I had. I will post some photos as soon as I figure out how to do it. You get to be my age and this new stuff comes pretty hard. You only have so many brain cells and I do not want to waiste them on computer related stuff. Are there any good sites that have information on the Detonics? Thanks for the help. Brian.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:24 PM

Look at what I found the other day...

Serial #CR14311, Can anyone tell me if any of the "extras" could possibly be original from the factory?

I saw this thing in a gun case at a dealer down the street while I was shopping for a M1 carbine for a X-mas present.. I talked myself into leaving without the pistol.. A full week later on Christmas eve, I came back for some 30 carbine ammo and a spare clip to go with the carbine I found elsewhere. On my way to the ammo, I had to pass the display case, and she still was there - I couldnt pass it up a second time..

Old 12-30-2008, 05:55 PM

Looks like quite a bit of custom work there, HKW.

I'll try to list what I think are non-factory custom extras, to the best of my knowledge...

Front slide serrations
Mag well funnel
Extended slide stop
Ambidextrous safety
Checkered front strap
Non Pachmayer mainspring housing
Loop hammer
Beavertail grip plate
Fancy cuts on grip screws

Does anyone else see any other custom work I may have missed?
Old 12-30-2008, 07:22 PM

Looks like the frame has been hard chromed and polished.
The trigger is aftermarket.

tipoc
Old 01-03-2009, 10:19 PM

I think what I see when I view the pics is that wherever work was done, the stainless was buffed (so it looks like shiny chrome). But note that where work was not done, (such as on the top of the slide, and the sides of the frame), the glass bead blast "matte" finish remains. Just MHO.

Also, I've seen some other factory Detonics with 3 hole Videki triggers. Particularly some of the Servicemasters and Scoremasters. It wouldn't surprise me if they put some into Combat Masters too. I think sometimes they used whatever they had to keep production rolling. Again just MHO.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:00 PM

My Seattle Mk1, SN C214XX. It's a shooter, with Victory Arms recoil assembly and Pachmayr Grips.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:03 PM

Detonics Pix

What a great site, I had some Detonics stuff FS on GB dot com and one of the guys looking at my auctions pointed me over here.
My Dad was a big Detonics fan and probably owned a dozen or more of their pistols over the years. Here are a couple I have over on GB and I'll get some pix up of my Scoremaster in the next few days.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0360.jpg   DSCN0345.jpg  
Old 01-15-2009, 07:18 PM

I was finally able to pick up an early Mk VII, SN CR11XXX. I've been looking for one of these for years, almost to the point I questioned their existance.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:55 PM

First time with this photo thing, hope it works. Please help me out with this. When was it made, not sure of the model. It has the original wood grips and the wrap around rubber grips. The sight on the gun is not adjustable but the pistol came in the Detonics box and had a packet with the "Combat Selector Sight" on a card with 3 sight blanks for different heights. It is a Bellevue gun. The left side of the slide says DETONICS .45. The serial # isCR21XXX. This is the part I fear-the photos.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1178_1_1_10_1.jpg   IMG_1181_2_10_1.JPG  
Old 01-19-2009, 02:00 PM

Best I can tell from the pics is that it is an MC model. IIRC on the MK V the sides of the hammer had been polished. Judging by the serial number it was most likely made in 1988 or 1989.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzer98 View Post
Does anyone else see any other custom work I may have missed?
Well, I know it had some custom work.. I saw it for sale at $800, and had to have it.. I think the checkering makes if a bit rough on the hands to shoot, but I dont plan on selling it..

Thanks for the help!
Old 01-21-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian kinne View Post
First time with this photo thing, hope it works. Please help me out with this. When was it made, not sure of the model. It has the original wood grips and the wrap around rubber grips. The sight on the gun is not adjustable but the pistol came in the Detonics box and had a packet with the "Combat Selector Sight" on a card with 3 sight blanks for different heights. It is a Bellevue gun. The left side of the slide says DETONICS .45. The serial # isCR21XXX. This is the part I fear-the photos.

Brian, I can't tell much about the gun from those pics, but I do know that I am in love with those stag stocks. If you ever decide to sell the Detonics, please contact me about those stocks.

ML
Old 01-21-2009, 12:40 PM

Thanks for the comments on the grips. A well known custom grip maker by the name of Charles Able from New Mexico made me the grips for a Mark VI many years ago. When I sold the gun I held on to the grips knowing I would own a Detonics again. Well 25 years latter I finally got another Detonics and the fit was perfict with the old stag grips. I would post better photos but I just can't figure out how to do it. I believe it has somthing to do with teaching an old dog new tricks. I have been into guns for about 50 years and have lost count of the number that have come and gone but I can tell you the Detonics was one of the best.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:35 AM

Location: Indiana, hope to retire to Alaska. My wife wants to retire to Belize.
Brian, just curious about the finish on the gun. It appears to be a smooth bead blasted finish, which is the finish they put on the MK V guns. But the sight you have on the rear is the standard sight for the MK VI guns. I wonder if you got a factory custom that was ordered by a customer?

St Gabriel Possenti Patron Saint of Handgunners
Father John Corapi, "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!"