Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 11-25-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo Pepper View Post
Good luck buying your ammo in CA
Thankfully that's handled but for many others it's about to get pretty interesting. Not much known about how it's going to shake out at this time.

Consensus negates leadership - Margaret Thatcher
Old 11-25-2016, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by folmonty View Post
Thankfully that's handled but for many others it's about to get pretty interesting. Not much known about how it's going to shake out at this time.
They'll go after the reloader's next, and then where will you be?

If I were going to stay in CA I think I sell my guns.....no I'd move first.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:26 PM
Hold my beer & watch this

Quote:
Originally Posted by folmonty View Post
New to the whole DW thing. Just purchased a commander classic. So is this considered a C-Bob in the DW lexicon? Don't really care about when it was made or what the #'s mean. Just happy to have one here in Cali! Not that easy to obtain now days.
Yes it is! If it's a bobtailed steel frame, that would indeed be the CBOB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2017, 11:44 AM

Can someone help me with a Dan Wesson I am interested in purchasing?

Its a pre CZ model with a couple things I can't seem to figure out. The serial number is a bit different. It starts with a GN0004, I think this may be the entire number. Its on an auction site and I cant get a response from the seller at the moment.

The other thing that I'm having trouble with is the slide reads Custom Commander. Below that it reads E.S. Toth. The engraving of the name appears to be factory. It has the typical pre CZ Dan Wesson markings on the opposite side of the slide.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-25-2017, 04:22 PM

I believe that is Endre Toth at DW in the service department. He is currently working on my gun to get it totally reliable (it fails to feed the 8th round). I have spoken with him a few times during the process.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:26 PM

EXP = Expert?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdessaStraight View Post
The serial number is YG4-PT01xx. I got it from a friend who bought it from a gun shop in Ohio about the '04-'05 time frame. It has the box and a hang tag indicating it was a trade in at the shop on 11-22-04. The slide has no Patriot roll mark. The only markings on the slide are an underlined YG-EXP on the left back by the rear serations. It's a blued, fix sighted gun with a stainless barrel stamped .45 ACP over the oval DW and *MATCH* over the chamber. The sights are night sights were dead so I blacked out the rear dots with black paint and replaced the front with a Novak cut fiber optic. The Novak cut front sight fit great with just a little bit of fitting required. I'm thinking the rear sight is for a Novak cut, too, but I haven't changed it because the original sight with the blacked out dots is just right for elevation with the .180 tall front fiber optic sight.
Can anyone give me more information about this gun? EXP= experimental, I think. What was Dan Wesson experimenting with on this gun? Was the gun made before the regular Patriot was put into production or was this the 1xx one made and DW decided to use it for experimenting with something? It's a good 1911 and I'm using it to shoot local IDPA and USPSA competitions.
Thanks for any info you can give about this DW Patriot.
I believe one of my Patriots is the same.
Old 03-18-2018, 01:35 AM
Banned

Anyone have an idea on my CCO PATRIOT 45acp with the sn# CC 5002?
Thanks.
Terry
Old 03-27-2018, 12:20 AM
Hold my beer & watch this

Quote:
Originally Posted by terdog55 View Post
Anyone have an idea on my CCO PATRIOT 45acp with the sn# CC 5002?
Thanks.
Terry

Very cool, not a lot of those out there. Should be a 2005.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
COTEP #10
"Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some death to defy."
Old 08-24-2018, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormdragon View Post
I believe one of my Patriots is the same.
My Patriot was bought in 2000 or 2001 IIRC and the frame has a YG4-PT01xx serial number but the slide carries a PM1-EXP marking. I remember at the time DW was prototyping several variations on the Pointman/Patriot series with a Brazillion different options for almost every feature possible.

Old 11-30-2018, 12:51 AM
Banned

Well, I skipped on the PATRIOT.

But, I got a CLASSIC CBOB.

Any help on the numbers on her would be appreciated.

C7773CZ

Attached Thumbnails
DAN WESSON CLASSIC 148.jpg  
Old 11-30-2018, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terdog55 View Post
Well, I skipped on the PATRIOT.

But, I got a CLASSIC CBOB.

Any help on the numbers on her would be appreciated.

C7773CZ

I think that would be a 2007, the CZ is the suffix they used until the new numbering scheme was in place. So, I think it's the Dan Wesson numbering scheme plus the suffix. The C, I assume means Classic.

I think "Classic" CBOB is redundant. It's a Classic Bobtail, or CBOB. Nice finish. Is that original? I haven't seen too many with that finish, black with stainless or nickel accents.
Old 11-30-2018, 09:47 AM
Banned

Thanks for the help.

As I just bought her from Guns.com, I really have no idea if she's OEM original. She is in like new condition and seems to have had very little use. She's very tight.
Her only flaw seems to be the Trijicon sights; they have no glow to them. I am reaching out to them about possible warranty help.

The grips came from my Valkyrie and I need to do some finish grinding to get them to match the "BOB".