Aftermarket sights - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 10-03-2019, 07:03 PM

Aftermarket sights

My Nighthawk is about 12 years old and the tritium sights are not in wonderful shape. The front sight is especially hard to see.

I called Trijicon and they said they will replace the inserts for $58.00 plus shipping, but now I'm thinking about replacing the sights altogether.

The pistol is an '07 Vickers' Tactical and I think the sights are a Novak cut. If I could find out what my cut is (for sure) then shopping for sights would be a lot easier. I can swap the sights myself once I find the right ones.

Nighthawk sells tritium sights, but I think I want to change to something more "hi-viz" like the WC Ameriglo setup. "Megadot tritium" or something similar.

Can anyone tell give me a place to start when identifying the sight cuts on my pistola?

Thanks!
Old 10-03-2019, 08:38 PM

Yeah I have the same dilemma with my Enforcer II. I called Nighthawk and was told they used two dovetail cuts on mine and I needed to get them measured or send the slide into them for sights. I have the trijicons on my G43 back up and love them...I am headed to south Missouri soon and will stop by their shop as I want the slide melonited as well.

Welcome to Illinois...where weed will be legal....but you still can't get as high as our taxes
Old 10-03-2019, 08:44 PM

I emailed NHC with the serial number and asked them if they have records of the dovetail cuts included on the pistol. If they respond I'll update this thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2019, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobconroy75 View Post
My Nighthawk is about 12 years old and the tritium sights are not in wonderful shape. The front sight is especially hard to see.

I called Trijicon and they said they will replace the inserts for $58.00 plus shipping, but now I'm thinking about replacing the sights altogether.

The pistol is an '07 Vickers' Tactical and I think the sights are a Novak cut. If I could find out what my cut is (for sure) then shopping for sights would be a lot easier. I can swap the sights myself once I find the right ones.

Nighthawk sells tritium sights, but I think I want to change to something more "hi-viz" like the WC Ameriglo setup. "Megadot tritium" or something similar.

Can anyone tell give me a place to start when identifying the sight cuts on my pistola?

Thanks!

This pistol should have standard Novak dovetails front and rear. Post up a pic and Iíll be able to tell for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2019, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NighthawkRep View Post
This pistol should have standard Novak dovetails front and rear. Post up a pic and I’ll be able to tell for sure.

Cool! Here are a couple of pics. If you need different angles I'm happy to take more pics.

Old 10-03-2019, 10:08 PM

Definitely standard Novak sight cuts, front and rear. If you are looking for a set of hi def sights Iíd recommend the Trijicon HD sights. They have a u-notch rear with either an orange or yellow large front sight with tritium inserts.

Old 10-03-2019, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Definitely standard Novak sight cuts, front and rear. If you are looking for a set of hi def sights I’d recommend the Trijicon HD sights. They have a u-notch rear with either an orange or yellow large front sight with tritium inserts.

Thank you very much. This info will make my search much easier.

My front sight is .180 but I think it's shooting a bit high at 20 yards. I had my eye on this adjustable rear set. Any experience with them? Looks to be very similar to the Trijicon HD, but with an adjustable rear.

Also, I imagine that any aftermarket sight will not be drilled for the post on the NHC. Would it be a problem to install a front sight without the post?

I really appreciate the prompt information.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobconroy75 View Post
Thank you very much. This info will make my search much easier.

My front sight is .180 but I think it's shooting a bit high at 20 yards. I had my eye on this adjustable rear set. Any experience with them? Looks to be very similar to the Trijicon HD, but with an adjustable rear.

Also, I imagine that any aftermarket sight will not be drilled for the post on the NHC. Would it be a problem to install a front sight without the post?

I really appreciate the prompt information.

I personally donít have any experience with that particular sight set but they should work just fine. No issues with installing a front sight that doesnít have the pin in it. As long as the sight is fit tightly to the dovetail you should be good to go!

Old 10-03-2019, 10:19 PM

Quote:
I personally donít have any experience with that particular sight set but they should work just fine. No issues with installing a front sight that doesnít have the pin in it. As long as the sight is fit tightly to the dovetail you should be good to go!

You da man! Thank you!