Aftermarket sights - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise


Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-03-2019, 07:03 PM
Jacobconroy75 Jacobconroy75 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Western Montana
Posts: 215
Aftermarket sights

My Nighthawk is about 12 years old and the tritium sights are not in wonderful shape. The front sight is especially hard to see.

I called Trijicon and they said they will replace the inserts for $58.00 plus shipping, but now I'm thinking about replacing the sights altogether.

The pistol is an '07 Vickers' Tactical and I think the sights are a Novak cut. If I could find out what my cut is (for sure) then shopping for sights would be a lot easier. I can swap the sights myself once I find the right ones.

Nighthawk sells tritium sights, but I think I want to change to something more "hi-viz" like the WC Ameriglo setup. "Megadot tritium" or something similar.

Can anyone tell give me a place to start when identifying the sight cuts on my pistola?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-03-2019, 08:38 PM
ECHO154's Avatar
ECHO154 ECHO154 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: IL
Posts: 371
Yeah I have the same dilemma with my Enforcer II. I called Nighthawk and was told they used two dovetail cuts on mine and I needed to get them measured or send the slide into them for sights. I have the trijicons on my G43 back up and love them...I am headed to south Missouri soon and will stop by their shop as I want the slide melonited as well.
__________________
If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence,try orderin' sombody else's dog around!

Welcome to Illinois...where weed will be legal....but you still can't get as high as our taxes
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-03-2019, 08:44 PM
Jacobconroy75 Jacobconroy75 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Western Montana
Posts: 215
I emailed NHC with the serial number and asked them if they have records of the dovetail cuts included on the pistol. If they respond I'll update this thread.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 10-03-2019, 09:22 PM
NighthawkRep's Avatar
NighthawkRep NighthawkRep is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Berryville, AR
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobconroy75 View Post
My Nighthawk is about 12 years old and the tritium sights are not in wonderful shape. The front sight is especially hard to see.



I called Trijicon and they said they will replace the inserts for $58.00 plus shipping, but now I'm thinking about replacing the sights altogether.



The pistol is an '07 Vickers' Tactical and I think the sights are a Novak cut. If I could find out what my cut is (for sure) then shopping for sights would be a lot easier. I can swap the sights myself once I find the right ones.



Nighthawk sells tritium sights, but I think I want to change to something more "hi-viz" like the WC Ameriglo setup. "Megadot tritium" or something similar.



Can anyone tell give me a place to start when identifying the sight cuts on my pistola?



Thanks!


This pistol should have standard Novak dovetails front and rear. Post up a pic and Iíll be able to tell for sure.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Visit us at nighthawkcustom.com and also like and follow us on Facebook and Instagram!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-03-2019, 09:32 PM
Jacobconroy75 Jacobconroy75 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Western Montana
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by NighthawkRep View Post
This pistol should have standard Novak dovetails front and rear. Post up a pic and I’ll be able to tell for sure.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool! Here are a couple of pics. If you need different angles I'm happy to take more pics.



Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-03-2019, 10:08 PM
NighthawkRep's Avatar
NighthawkRep NighthawkRep is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Berryville, AR
Posts: 416
Definitely standard Novak sight cuts, front and rear. If you are looking for a set of hi def sights Iíd recommend the Trijicon HD sights. They have a u-notch rear with either an orange or yellow large front sight with tritium inserts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Visit us at nighthawkcustom.com and also like and follow us on Facebook and Instagram!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-03-2019, 10:12 PM
Jacobconroy75 Jacobconroy75 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Western Montana
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by NighthawkRep View Post
Definitely standard Novak sight cuts, front and rear. If you are looking for a set of hi def sights I’d recommend the Trijicon HD sights. They have a u-notch rear with either an orange or yellow large front sight with tritium inserts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you very much. This info will make my search much easier.

My front sight is .180 but I think it's shooting a bit high at 20 yards. I had my eye on this adjustable rear set. Any experience with them? Looks to be very similar to the Trijicon HD, but with an adjustable rear.

Also, I imagine that any aftermarket sight will not be drilled for the post on the NHC. Would it be a problem to install a front sight without the post?

I really appreciate the prompt information.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-03-2019, 10:18 PM
NighthawkRep's Avatar
NighthawkRep NighthawkRep is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Berryville, AR
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobconroy75 View Post
Thank you very much. This info will make my search much easier.

My front sight is .180 but I think it's shooting a bit high at 20 yards. I had my eye on this adjustable rear set. Any experience with them? Looks to be very similar to the Trijicon HD, but with an adjustable rear.

Also, I imagine that any aftermarket sight will not be drilled for the post on the NHC. Would it be a problem to install a front sight without the post?

I really appreciate the prompt information.


I personally donít have any experience with that particular sight set but they should work just fine. No issues with installing a front sight that doesnít have the pin in it. As long as the sight is fit tightly to the dovetail you should be good to go!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Visit us at nighthawkcustom.com and also like and follow us on Facebook and Instagram!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-03-2019, 10:19 PM
Jacobconroy75 Jacobconroy75 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Western Montana
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by NighthawkRep View Post
I personally donít have any experience with that particular sight set but they should work just fine. No issues with installing a front sight that doesnít have the pin in it. As long as the sight is fit tightly to the dovetail you should be good to go!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You da man! Thank you!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 AM.


NOTICE TO USERS OF THIS SITE: By continuing to use this site, you certify that you have read and agree to abide by the Legal Terms of Use. All information, data, text or other materials ("Content") posted to this site by any users are the sole responsibility of those users. 1911Forum does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such Content.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2015 1911Forum.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved