Job assignment in Everett, Wa. - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 11-15-2018, 10:34 AM

Job assignment in Everett, Wa.

I'm heading over to Boeing in Everret, for a new job assignment, and I need to ask. Since, I own a Glock G17 Gen4, I want to bring with me. Will there be any issues? Plus, I'll need a place to stay. I was going to Ontario California. It dried up. So, I'm heading to Everett Washington instead.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:55 AM

No issues. WA does not honor Texas CC permits. Keep your pistol mag unloaded and ammo seperate and out of reach from pistol(auto). I'd try and stay in or close to Everett as the I-5 corridor sucks depending on work hours. Lots to see in the Puget Sound area. I'd stop by a Police station or city hall or check online to see if they will issue you a CPL.

Last edited by BryceGS; 11-15-2018 at 12:58 PM.
Old 11-15-2018, 01:20 PM

Get a gun safe right away as a sweeping, onerous gun law was just passed in there.
Washington is a shall issue state for concealed carry permits.
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2018, 02:24 PM

Don't carry that pistol loaded in your vehicle until you get a CPL which is easy to get. Obviously a WA DL will help you get a permit in a shorter period of time.

This should cover it.

https://www.usacarry.com/washington_...formation.html

Traffic sucks in the Everett area. Get as close as you can to your job or you might be spending a lot of time commuting. My neighbor works at Paine Field (Boeing) and he spends many hours a week commuting.

Last edited by LostintheOzone; 11-15-2018 at 02:28 PM.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:32 PM

Job assignment in Everett, Wa.

The cost of housing stinks. Traffic stinks. Commuting stinks. I was visiting my mother and sister last week. The real estate sign reads," starting at $900,000.

Good luck in your new position. IMHO, a move anywhere along I-5 isn't worth the quality of life issues you'll face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by GeorgeandSugar; 11-16-2018 at 05:24 AM.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autonomous View Post
Get a gun safe right away as a sweeping, onerous gun law was just passed in there.
Washington is a shall issue state for concealed carry permits.
According to the new law a trigger lock or cable is sufficient. It won't go into effect until next July anyway, assuming it isn't struck down in the courts. Despite the huge number of liberals living here WA state was extremely gun-friendly up until I-1639 passed this month. About all that's banned completely are full-auto weapons and bump stocks. As a matter of fact WA goes after anyone trying to skirt its machine gun laws with a passion. Just avoid that little problem and you're okay. CPLs are shall-issue to WA residents (I think you have to be here at least 90 days) and so far we've managed to avoid a ban on semi-autos and full-cap mags. However next year will prove interesting as the Democrats increased their grip on power in Olympia. No loaded handguns in a vehicle unless you have a CPL, and no loaded long guns at all (an old anti-poaching law that was never rescinded).

For living space, you'll quickly find that the closer you get to Seattle the worse it gets price-wise. If you can find something in the outlying areas around Everett (like Marysville, Snohomish or even Monroe) the cost of living will be cheaper, but you'll likely deal with a bruising commute no matter where you go. Probably the hardest adjustment will be the difference in climate between Texas and Washington. We basically have four seasons here... cool and wet, cold and wet, still cool and wet, and road construction.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.

Last edited by dsk; 11-15-2018 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-16-2018, 02:40 AM

You're going to want to write this down because it's the single most important piece of information you're going to get...

Ready?

Exit 186 in Lynwood...off the 5. The official address is 233 128th St SW. Get off the freeway and head west. Immediately off the freeway you will see a Shell station on the north side of the road. And tucked in behind that Shell Station is your saving grace.

Ralibertos.

HERE is where the Carne Asada burritos live!

And this ain't Tex Mex. So if Tex Mex is your thing, you're gonna be disappointed. Nope...THIS is an authentic Taco Shop. Now it isn't the best Taco Shop on earth. But it's a decent one. And you damn sure ain't in Kansas anymore. I haven't explored all of Washington State. But so far, this is the only real taco shop I've found in this godforsaken taco shop wasteland.

You're welcome.

Now as for the gun stuff, Washington is ok. But liberals are doing their best to change that. CCW's are easily obtainable. Suppressors are legal. At the moment you can take a pistol home same day if you have your CCW. But Washington liberal douches just passed a law that will change that at the beginning of the year, I believe. The Californication of WA has already begun. And it's anyone's guess how long the patriots can keep liberals at bay. My bet is that in five years you won't notice much difference in gun laws between CA and WA. I truly hope I'm wrong.

You should seriously study CA a bit to understand where WA is headed. If there is anything you want from AR's to 30 round magazines to suppressors, do not wait. Buy them sooner than later. Because it's only a matter of time.

God speed!
Old 11-16-2018, 12:54 PM

From the Dryside i.e. Eastern Washington
Yeah 4 seasons, Fall, WInter Spring & Construction

WA State as has been said is a Will or Shall Issue
for the Concealed Pistol License (CPL) Establish
residence, apply and pass all of the background
checks and they issue the CPL thru the local LEO
office. No required written or practical skills tests

Oregon does not recognize the WA State CPL but
you can get a Non-Rez OR CPL Idaho recognizes
the WA state CPL which I like since Idaho is only
8 miles east

If you read the sports section don't be surprized with
reports on Salmon runs.

FYI - starting in February Paine Field Everett will have
airline passenger service to 8 cities Alaskan Air Lines
and Delta?

House prices I guess have leveled out in Seattle a bit
but still high

Plenty of shooting ranges in Pugetopolis

Welcome

R-
Old 11-16-2018, 09:04 PM
Administrator

Speaking of CPLs I just got my renewed one in the mail today. Good grief, I thought for a moment it wasn't even a real permit because they'd made it extremely plain-jane now. Just your info typed on a plain greenish-white card. I literally could make a more convincing-looking permit on my home PC in a matter of minutes.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:36 PM

I work in Everett and live in Edmonds. It's a 25-minute commute. That said, Everett is an absolute cesspool of tweakers. Needles everywhere. Property crime everywhere. I'm leaving soon. I'm done.
Old 11-17-2018, 07:09 AM

Retired from there 2years ago.would not live in Everet,we lived in Marysville about 15 miles north.Cheaper houses,but a daily commute down I5.Get ready for lots of rainy drizzling days.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:31 AM

Recently a conservative Washington State political candidate dropped out of a race - due to threats to him & his family.
I wouldn't be happy even going there. No matter how good the Job - you've got to live there 24/7.
Old 11-17-2018, 07:48 PM

Close to the Everett plant, Harbour Pointe and Mukilteo are nice places to live and just a few miles away, you won't have to deal with the I-5 mess.

No guns allowed in vehicles on company parking lots.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
Speaking of CPLs I just got my renewed one in the mail today. Good grief, I thought for a moment it wasn't even a real permit because they'd made it extremely plain-jane now. Just your info typed on a plain greenish-white card. I literally could make a more convincing-looking permit on my home PC in a matter of minutes.
That's where I made mine.
Old 11-18-2018, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84CABO View Post
You're going to want to write this down because it's the single most important piece of information you're going to get...

Ready?

Exit 186 in Lynwood...off the 5. The official address is 233 128th St SW. Get off the freeway and head west. Immediately off the freeway you will see a Shell station on the north side of the road. And tucked in behind that Shell Station is your saving grace.

Ralibertos.

HERE is where the Carne Asada burritos live!

And this ain't Tex Mex. So if Tex Mex is your thing, you're gonna be disappointed. Nope...THIS is an authentic Taco Shop. Now it isn't the best Taco Shop on earth. But it's a decent one. And you damn sure ain't in Kansas anymore. I haven't explored all of Washington State. But so far, this is the only real taco shop I've found in this godforsaken taco shop wasteland.

You're welcome.

Now as for the gun stuff, Washington is ok. But liberals are doing their best to change that. CCW's are easily obtainable. Suppressors are legal. At the moment you can take a pistol home same day if you have your CCW. But Washington liberal douches just passed a law that will change that at the beginning of the year, I believe. The Californication of WA has already begun. And it's anyone's guess how long the patriots can keep liberals at bay. My bet is that in five years you won't notice much difference in gun laws between CA and WA. I truly hope I'm wrong.

You should seriously study CA a bit to understand where WA is headed. If there is anything you want from AR's to 30 round magazines to suppressors, do not wait. Buy them sooner than later. Because it's only a matter of time.

God speed!
In five years? I sure hope you're wrong.

BTW, the burritos sound great. Will stop by if in the area sometime.
Old 11-18-2018, 12:01 PM

Try the Dryside/Eastern Wash for mexican cuisine
Benton County / Tri-CIties is majority hisspanic, and
Grant County north in Central Wash is getting there.
Found a great mex restaurant in Othello Ownere Cook
didn't speeak english but we figured it out...

Hey we got salmon and Steelheads

and 1st week in August Seafair and our sport founded here
in the Great NW, Hydroplane races

R-
Old 11-18-2018, 12:35 PM
1911 Aficionado

Quote:

Exit 186 in Lynwood...off the 5.
What part of California are you from?
Old 11-18-2018, 01:56 PM

Norpoint Shooting Range is a little north of Everett WA
in Arlington WA They have a pro shop and classes.

R-
Old 11-18-2018, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
What part of California are you from?
Check my "location"...San Diego. I'm not an expert on much but growing up here and spending a whole lot of time over the border, I do feel qualified to discuss tacos.
Old 11-19-2018, 06:04 AM
1911 Aficionado

Sorry, was just making fun of "the 5"; nobody born or raised in the Seattle area calls it anything but "I-5".
Old 11-19-2018, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Check my "location"...San Diego. I'm not an expert on much but growing up here and spending a whole lot of time over the border, I do feel qualified to discuss tacos.
Any good taco shops on Orcas?