Found a LGS - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 10-27-2018, 07:00 PM

Found a LGS

In the process of buying a gun out of state and having it shipped to a local FFL the FFL that I have used in the past proved to be difficult to work with. Not the first time I have had issues with him. Anyway, while doing a random search for a different FFL I found one 20 minutes from home. LGS are few and far between where we live.

Nice place with a large inventory and super friendly folks. Seems like everything there was used. I was in a hurry but will certainly be going back soon.
Old 10-27-2018, 07:16 PM

I hope they stay in business. These days lots of folks know exactly what they want and order on-line for the best price. The brick and mortar shops best cater to new purchasers who need advice as well as the opportunity to examine a firearm prior to purchase.
Old 10-27-2018, 07:23 PM

Nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2018, 07:22 AM

Are you talking about Smartgear in eaton? Great shop. I am there once a week as their inventory always changes.

Josh the owner buys out small lgs that are going under. I have bought several guns from them.
Old 10-30-2018, 03:52 PM

I would rather pay a little more and support a legs than to save a few bucks and see them slip away. It’s cutting our own throats
Old 10-30-2018, 06:30 PM

Agree with Johnny. When I drop by the local FFL I never just look, I always buy something. I don't really buy guns anymore, but I'll get some ammo or other item so that I'm just not breathing up all their air without putting some $ in the till.
Old 10-30-2018, 07:14 PM

I agree, too. I would rather pay a little more to keep the local place in business, but it seems like a lot of the LGSs charge $150 more for some models. I like the local places for used stuff.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:30 PM

I live in SE Wash State 24 miles south Lewiston ID
There's a big Sportsman Warehouse up on the south hill.
On Main nice small Guns & Ammo shop 3 of the 4 guys
are named Mike. Long narrow, glass cases separate
one for the 1911s 3 Month Layaway. Nice range in budget
to spendy. They sell some reman. and also some honrandy
XTp 'labeled Custom. I do go on, Anyway it's
retail but I've gotten 2 1911 variants there Colt and SA RO
Compact. Traansffer is $15 across the snake river in Clarkston WA
with a pawnshop w/Typical pawn broker remarks,.

R-
Old 11-01-2018, 02:46 AM

Another thing, I have friends at these shops. One lags I hand out there at a big round oak table and have met all kinds of folks. I come in and there are always several there that I’ve come to know, it always nice being greeted by friendly hello’s followed by friendly smart a**
Comments. I get great deals, free food, buy a pop and sit down and enjoy how life is like it was back in the day. The story’s are wonderful and I tell ya, you can’t put a price on this.
Old 11-01-2018, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deyomatic View Post
I agree, too. I would rather pay a little more to keep the local place in business, but it seems like a lot of the LGSs charge $150 more for some models. I like the local places for used stuff.
They gotta pay the light bill.

The internet has killed more than one small business...but its also created a few and helped some thrive as well. I feel bad for "Mom & Pop" but, as a savvy shopper, I can buy an extra gun per year just with the money I save buying on Gunbroker vs LGS' retail (markup) pricing.
Old 11-01-2018, 05:25 PM

Why not give a shout-out to the name and city of the LGS. I wouldn't mind going there sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogfurr View Post
In the process of buying a gun out of state and having it shipped to a local FFL the FFL that I have used in the past proved to be difficult to work with. Not the first time I have had issues with him. Anyway, while doing a random search for a different FFL I found one 20 minutes from home. LGS are few and far between where we live.

Nice place with a large inventory and super friendly folks. Seems like everything there was used. I was in a hurry but will certainly be going back soon.